INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exit Theatre View  (Read 2037 times)

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
Exit Theatre View
« on: September 08, 2004, 03:47:00 am »

How is it possible to end up in the Standard-View after the exit  of Theatre-View? At the moment T.V. lands in Full-Screen. I'm sure there's a check-mark anywhere, but i didn't find it yet... 8)

Thanks Uwe

Sorry: MC11 !

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Exit Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 06:13:36 am »

The Esc key brought you back to the main screen from both Full and Theater Views with MC 10 -- I can't say if it does with MC11.

Larry

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 08:07:41 am »

Uwe,

this is a long standing issue. One would expect that at the end of any playing /slideshow/TV the program would gracefully return to the place it was started as it is the case with most apps (select program -> run program > end program > return to selection point).  It's true it only one key press away, but it still looks very ugly to get a black screen at the end of a slide show!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 03:13:13 pm »

The idea is that when using Theater View and an HTPC, you never want to see standard view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 03:41:29 pm »

Matt:

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but currently, the v11 Theater View goes away when I start playing a video or external app. Then when I stop the video or close the external app,  I get Standard View.

I assume from your response here that this will be corrected eventually?
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 06:57:17 pm »

Matt:

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but currently, the v11 Theater View goes away when I start playing a video or external app. Then when I stop the video or close the external app,  I get Standard View.

I'm not getting my hopes up:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23227;start=msg161618#msg161618

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 07:20:52 pm »

Matt:

I'm not getting my hopes up:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23227;start=msg161618#msg161618

Not quite what I meant..... iif I tell Theater View to, say, launch Notepad,  then Theater View actually closes, and Standard View shows, then Notepad launches.  Same for playing a video. I can see "Standard View" appear before the movie plays.

I know embedding stuff is tough, so I'm not even looking for that at all, but it would be nice if Theater View stayed open so I could easily get back to it.  That's how it worked in v10, and I assume that's what the "Show When Playback Stops" checkbox in "Configure Theater View" is for.

Once that's fixed, I can start using v11 on my HTPC.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 07:56:15 pm »

So you're talking about video playback, not external applications (like Notepad, for instance).  What I was hoping for in the quoted post was the ability to launch my DVB application from Theater View (or Notepad...  whatever) and then when I exit, to return to Theater View.

In a simplified way, I would guess the problem is that Theater View doesn't exist in a non-focused state.  So when the application is launched, Theater View closes (returning MC to standard view).  When the application closes, we're left with the unfocused MC in standard view.  But based on your comment "that's how it worked in v10", I am likely mistaken.

I've been playing with Girder to solve this instead, but so far I haven't worked it out.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 08:13:24 pm »

Can you give a step-by-step to get Standard View to come back when stopping playback in fullscreen mode instead of Theater View?

I've seen it happen once or twice, but can't pin down the specifics.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 12:12:09 am »

So you're talking about video playback, not external applications (like Notepad, for instance).  What I was hoping for in the quoted post was the ability to launch my DVB application from Theater View (or Notepad...  whatever) and then when I exit, to return to Theater View.

In a simplified way, I would guess the problem is that Theater View doesn't exist in a non-focused state.  So when the application is launched, Theater View closes (returning MC to standard view).  When the application closes, we're left with the unfocused MC in standard view.  But based on your comment "that's how it worked in v10", I am likely mistaken.

I've been playing with Girder to solve this instead, but so far I haven't worked it out.

No.. rock on... you're with me 100%.

But firstly, I'm concerned with video playback. In v10, when you stop a video, Theater View returned. That's pretty important to get back

Secondly,  external apps? Shouldn't really be a problem.  Theater View in v10 used to stay focused. According to a post a few weeks back, Theater View was moved to another part of the code, so it doesn't quite act the same.  Watch what happens when you launch Notepad.... you'll see Theater View actually close before the program launch.

I wrote a batch file that launches Notepad and then runs the command line to focus Media Center again. Unfortunately ,there's not a command-line for Theater View. There's one for Standard and for Mini, and even for FullScreen.  So using my batch file, that actually worked.

---- notepad.bat ----

notepad.exe
mjextman.exe /Mode fullscreen

---- end notepad.bat ----

Notepad runs, and when you close Notepad, MC FullScreen view comes back. Easy, right?  

So, if there was a  /Mode Theater, there wouldn't be a problem :) But I can't seem to figure out what it would be.

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 12:17:20 am »

Can you give a step-by-step to get Standard View to come back when stopping playback in fullscreen mode instead of Theater View?

I've seen it happen once or twice, but can't pin down the specifics.

Thanks.

Well, with .78 I can't seem to make that happen.

If I launch MC 11 and tell it (via the preferences) to start up in Theater Mode, I notice the following:

1. Pressing Exit in Theater View sends me to FullScreen View
2. Immediately pressing STOP in Full Screen View sends me back to Theater View??? Wierd.

If I launch MC 11 and tell it to start in Standard View

1. Playing a video from my library loads the FullScreen view and plays the video
2. Pressing Stop in Full Screen View sends me back to Standard View.

So in .78, it looks like it's dependant on whatever your last set view was? In the case of my tests, it's what I have MC start with.

Hmmm.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 04:27:15 am »

I don't think this to be the correct way to work in Theater View!

Home>Images>Select a Folder>Play.

This opens up Standard View instead of Full Screen View. THe same happens with Audio.

Pages: [1]   Go Up