INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.81 Alpha Available  (Read 8077 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.81 Alpha Available
« on: September 10, 2004, 04:46:45 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110081.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.81 (9/10/04)

1. Fixed: Tree, panes and sorting for volume name would not always update properly after a volume name change.
2. Changed: Changed playback mode toggle to Alt+M from Alt+1.
3. Fixed: The mouse cursor wouldn't reshow when returning from Theater View with the keyboard.
4. Fixed: Other programs could show through MC when switching view or navigating the tree.
5. Changed: Several optimizations to view layout speed and smoothness.
6. NEW: MC can now play Video CD's that conform to the standard format.
7. Fixed: Media Center was unable to create directories with three dots in the name.

11.0.80 (9/9/04)

1. Changed: Duration formatting switches to "x.x days" after 24 hours.
2. Changed: Made the formatting of several advanced search tokens more friendly in the search bar.
3. Changed: Theater View 'Display Options' no longer nested in controls menu.
4. Changed: "Configure Display..." and "Configure Theater View..." no longer show under Theater View's controls menu. (still in right-click)
5. Changed: Theater View thumbs no longer redraw when choosing "Cancel" from a menu.
6. Changed: Bars don't automatically appear when switching to Full Screen View.
7. Fixed: The mouse cursor would not auto-hide in Theater View.
8. Fixed: WMDM Plugin is now correctly listed with the 'Configurable' option disabled.
9. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now adds position numbers in front of the name text.
10. Fixed: Some command line parameters were unnecessarily case sensitive.
11. Changed: Added all view modes to the mjextman.exe /Mode command. (updated docs here: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/CommandLine.html)
12. NEW: When launching an external program, Theater View hides and then restores once the new program is closed.
13. Fixed: Installer could fail to copy an updated version of JRImage.dll and want to restart in some cases.
14. Changed: Added the CUE file type to the import dialog.
15. Fixed: In some cases, starting playback in Theater View with "Auto-hide" enabled would switch to Standard View.
16. Fixed: Enter key doesn't toggle out of fullscreen when in a DVD navigation menu. (since enter navigates the menu)

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 11.0.81 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 05:38:29 pm »

As someone in the prior thread pointed out, control bar auto-hide is broken when in Playing Now.  Moving the mouse doesn't make the bar appear.  It does in fullscreen.

Take care,

-Doug

edbro

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 08:35:45 pm »

Shell extensions still refer to Media Jukebox.exe. Unable to play or import from the right click menu. I get the message that Media Jukebox.exe can not be found.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 08:53:35 pm »

1. Fixed: Tree, panes and sorting for volume name would not always update properly after a volume name change.

Thanks again Matt!

M.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 08:55:01 pm »

6. NEW: MC can now play Video CD's that conform to the standard format.

Yeeeesss! Very nice!

M.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 09:05:03 pm »

Hello Matt,

The X-10 MP3 remote plug-in still does not work although it is now showing in the Plug-in Manager (since 11.0.80).

Michel.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 12:10:08 am »

Paste this into an html file and open with IE:

Code: [Select]
<script>
new ActiveXObject( "MediaJukeBox Application" );
</script>

Result: the MC window is shown. Expected: the MC window to not be shown automatically when invoked through automation (as per the documentation).

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 01:13:37 am »

1. Auto sized panes gived grouped fields way too much space. counter to logic, they get more space than non grouped panes.

2. setvolume doesnt work in media scheduler. unless the follwing command is incorrect: "Command VolumeSet [35] "

3. .asf files (which are video files on my machine) are showing up in the audio file schemes.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 10:33:14 am »

not quite ready to make the jump to 11 yet, so was wondering if there's a possibility that the problem fixed in .81: "Media Center unable to create directories with three dots in the name" could be rolled back into version 10? I had reported this as a bug in that thread a while back.

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 11:52:07 am »

The "Rename Files From Properties" feature still doesn't work right.
It always leaves one file unchanged and marks it with the red x.

Dragyn

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2004, 03:39:04 pm »

• Unable to browse list (up/down arrows) when AW Image is showing (loses focus).
  • Changing skins does not update bottom split view.
  • AW Tag Info does not show correct columns in split view (uses top view only).
  • Importing *.mpl (haven't tried the others) files that have non-existent files inside them a) takes a lot longer to import..and b) have broken links afterwards.
  • System Info reporting "Unknown" processor. --AMD Athlon 64

Reqs

AW Lyrics. --Be able to view/edit lyrics inside own easily accessible window instead of relying on a track info template.

Media Center Registered 11.0.81 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2002 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: TEAC    CD-W54E           Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 05:38:40 pm »

MC 11 latest build plus Zen plugin latest download.  MC starts up OK, Zen shows up under plugins, but if I try to open it I get the "this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy" and can't get out without using task manager to shut down media center.  Perhaps this is just because there's no v 11 plugin for MC 11?

edbro

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 05:39:43 pm »

• System Info reporting "Unknown" processor. --AMD Athlon 64
Well, as long as we are reporting sys info errors; mine shows as a Athlon 526 when I have a Mobile Athlon 1.8+. I had same result in MC10.
Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.0.81 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 526 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 719 MB, Free - 395 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2212   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:1  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 11:18:24 am »

In Theatre View (Playing Now) the green Play triangle is taking at least 15 seconds to move to the next track.

Also, I reported earlier that in Theatre View:
The Reshuffle command via the remote/girder does not refresh the display in Theatre Mode (Playing Now).  It is fine when I access Reshuffle with the Controls button and the remote works in Standard View.

Anyone else have this problem?

benrad

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2004, 12:17:48 pm »

Any progress on rewriting the iPod plug-in? I'm still unable to synchronize.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004, 12:18:52 pm »

AW Lyrics. --Be able to view/edit lyrics inside own easily accessible window instead of relying on a track info template.

you can thru the Action window
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Playlist Random Function Works Once
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2004, 01:02:20 pm »

I have a playlist that calls two other playlists.
The two playlists are sorted randomly.
This playlist is sorted randomly.
It has only 3 entries:
Playlist 1
Playlist 2
Random

When I build the playlist (create it from scratch) the resulting selections are in random order. Every other time I use this playlist the selections are sorted in alpha order by artist.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Startup Setting Does Not 'Stick'
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2004, 01:04:55 pm »

I choose Options->Startup->Startup Volume->Set Volume to 45%
Click OK
Exit MC
Open MC
Startup volume is not set and the settings are at default when I look.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2004, 07:25:20 pm »

Request: While listening to music I take note of good/bad songs and rate/delete them as appropriate. Currently I can rate songs from Playing Now. But if I delete the songs from Playing Now it just deletes it from the playlist. I have to go Locate->Album and delete it from there. Very clumsy. If I delete it from the playlist on accident then I have to look it up manually. If I didn't take note of what song it was then I can't look it up manually! And Undo doesn't rollback a change to a playlist.

What I would like is "delete from playlist" and "delete" from Playing Now. Alternatively, I would be happy with being able to access the menu for the currently playing file by right clicking on the display bar at the top of the screen.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2004, 11:09:45 pm »

Another request: Can you add a built-in field for [Date (time)] similiar to how [Date (year)], [Date (month)], and [Date (day)] work? I don't like having the time in my dates for images and it is extremely tedious to remove the time manually.

You rock!

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 11:48:26 pm »

Sorry for the triple post, but I've been using this wonderful product all day! :)

Bug: Using "Rename Files From Properties", if I change the case of a directory name, the directory name is not modified to reflect the change. This may also be the case with filenames.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 04:29:47 am »

Tried to record some tapes with "Record Sound". Does not seem to work!

When I press the Start button to record directly from line-in I get the following error message:

"Cannot find plug-in 'Monkey's Audio (APE)"

and after clicking OK:

"Failed opening wave file"

This happens whether I try to use "Monkey's APE" or "Uncompressed Wav" in the Encoder settings for Sound Recording. Might have to do with the recent name change from Media Jukebox.exe to Media Center.exe!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 07:03:35 am »

Thanks for the fixes

Outstanding CUE issues to be resolved :

1. When tracks are converted, tags are not included and there is no system for filenames.

Quote from: Alex B on August 28, 2004, 07:06:31 PM   
It is possible to convert a CUE track to a single-track file, but there is no system for filenames and no tags are included. MC uses the album file name (+ a sequence number if needed).

A possible solution :

Quote from: hit_ny on August 29, 2004, 05:03:52 AM   
MC has access to the trackname, track artist, album & track # from the cue already. It might be ok, to tag the file as such.

I think of extracting a track from a cue as similar to ripping a track from a CD. MC could use the same naming convention for extracted tracks as chosen when ripping CDs.

2. No duration information (in the library) / CD Burning

Quote from: Rands on August 28, 2004, 11:16:27 AM   
I'm looking forward to CUE imported files showing their durations.  It would also be nice if, during the import, MC checked the MP3's tags for fields that it can't get out of the CUE file (e.g., genre).

CD burning
The duration of the Audio CD burning list stays at zero, because files don't have that information (missing duration information is mentioned earlier in this thread). Data CD burning is also useless because the resulting files don't have tags or useful names.

3. Media Server

Quote from: Alex B on August 29, 2004, 11:03:41 AM   
Does not work with CUE based tracks. The client sees track entries, but the server cannot send the audio data. (APL tracks work, though APE files are too big and the client is buffering all the time.)

4. If sample rate is set to 48 kHz (or more) in DSP studio 44.1 kHz files end too early.

If usual 44.1 kHz files are played with 48 kHz output mode tracks end too early. A 5-minute track stops at about 4 minutes and 45 seconds and MC starts the next track.

I use the 48 kHz output mode in my laptop, because it resamples anyway to 48 kHz and the integrated circuit is not so high quality.

SteveG

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 09:07:16 am »

Nolonemo,

Try uninstalling the Zen plugin and then connect your Zen and try to access it. A new plugin should automatically install and then things should work better.

benrad,

This should work. What problems with Synchronization are you having?

Steve

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 09:19:18 am »

1. Auto sized panes gived grouped fields way too much space. counter to logic, they get more space than non grouped panes.

For now (or if not changed by JRiver) you can change the tag 'Display Name' to something shorter like "A-A" which will make the column narrow. [ Options-->Tree & View-->Library Fields-->Album Artist--> Edit ]

The "Rename Files From Properties" feature still doesn't work right.
It always leaves one file unchanged and marks it with the red x.

I found that if you wait until MC has finished updating all the tags, then click on "Update Tags from Library" and allow that process to finish, when I press 'F%' to refresh everything seems fine. This may be due to a lag with the cache.

Request: While listening to music I take note of good/bad songs and rate/delete them as appropriate. Currently I can rate songs from Playing Now. But if I delete the songs from Playing Now it just deletes it from the playlist. I have to go Locate->Album and delete it from there.

Try pressing 'Shift' + 'Delete' at the same time . . .  you will have the option to delete from library, delete to recycle bin, or just nuke it.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 11:46:47 am »

Finally made the plunge to version 11..... LOVE the db/tagging/threading improvements.

2 quick observations:

1) I did a full uninstall of version 10, then installed 11 (Payed for 10$ upgrade).
Everything worked as expected, tried out new features, made sure Tivo still worked.

However, now everytime I restart my PC, an explorer window opens up showing one of the JRiver directories.  Doesn't cause any problems - just odd behavior.

2) Secondly, MC appeared to be eating some heavy processor cycles after it had been closed.  

The scenario: I opened MC, played some music thru tivo while making dinner, then set mc to analyze audio on the 500 or so songs I had not yet analyzed.  After it completed, I shut down MC.  Later that night before going to sleep, I noticed my late model P4 running Windows XP sounded like it was really chugging on soimething while it was running nothing at all.  I opened up the process list and saw that MC was listed at 50% utilization......  Odd since I had shut it down hours earlier.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 11:53:53 am »

The "Rip to single file (with cue) rather than single files" option doesn't seem to be working, at least not with the APE and MP3 Encoder VBR encoders.

Also, the wording of that option is a little confusing. Are you ripping to single files or to single files? :P
Maybe re-word it to "Rip to single file (with cue) rather than individual track files" or something?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 11:57:47 am »

Is there a reason why:

. . . . when you set the file name and folder name parameters in the Options menu, they are not automatically picked up in the "Rename Files From Properties" templates either as default or as an offerring?

. . . . when you right-click on audio files in Windows Explorer and select 'Media Center ->> Import', you are not greeted by MC taking focus and displaying the newly imported files for review, verification, and additional tagging?

. . . . when you import files which are not already tagged, MC presents the filename in the track name field rather than using the my pre-set filenaming/tagging presets?

that's it for now, but I will continue to ponder   ::)
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 12:09:44 pm »

4. If sample rate is set to 48 kHz (or more) in DSP studio 44.1 kHz files end too early.

If usual 44.1 kHz files are played with 48 kHz output mode tracks end too early. A 5-minute track stops at about 4 minutes and 45 seconds and MC starts the next track.

I use the 48 kHz output mode in my laptop, because it resamples anyway to 48 kHz and the integrated circuit is not so high quality.

Please retest.  This should have been fixed a build or two ago.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 12:42:01 pm »

48 kHz output is OK with my laptop (integrated circuit) and work PC (with an old Soundblaster PCI card). I will check resampling also with my HTPC (Terratec/ASIO) later today.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2004, 01:52:10 pm »

I can not select a file and send it to "Media Editor"

Message "Error Decoding File"

it happens on all files and it started when i went from MC10 to MC11
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2004, 02:08:08 pm »

Theater View> I can't create a new top-level View Scheme and have it show up in Theater View, even if I have the checkbox to show in Theater View checked.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2004, 02:30:29 pm »

Album thumbnails don't work for Various Artist Albums. I get the same cover art for each track.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 02:42:20 pm »

On any view scheme with a Grouped field, ie. Artist (grouped), MC displays All Artist (groupeds) at the top of the pane (or whatever field your using).

You're not seriously going to let it keep saying that are you? It's horrible grammar! :P

Rather than : All Artist (groupeds)  it should be : All Artists (grouped).

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2004, 02:47:35 pm »

Theater View> I can't create a new top-level View Scheme and have it show up in Theater View, even if I have the checkbox to show in Theater View checked.

I haven't figured out if this is a bug or a missing feature...  but I experience the same behavior.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2004, 02:51:59 pm »

Theater View resolution is acting weird on my TV.  If I go straight from Standard View to Theater View, it uses what I think is the desktop resolution.  If I go from Theater View to Full Screen, the TV properly changes to the Full Screen resolution specified in "Configure Display".  If I go from Full Screen to Theater View. it creates a small Theater View window on my desktop - it seems to be the size of the resolution of the Full Screen, which leaves the rest of my desktop showing through.

I'm not sure when this started happening because I just recenty went back to Clone mode and Theater View (I have an ATI AIW 8500DV) instead of using two displays.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2004, 03:55:29 pm »

I can not select a file and send it to "Media Editor"...

Hmm... My MC 11 sends files to Media Editor just fine (APE and MP3).

I tried also to send a single cue based track. Instead of that part MC sent the whole CD image file to Media Editor. I checked the temp space. It took 783 MB. (So Media Editor can open quite big files.) One more item to the CUE bug list?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

The Muffin Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • More music
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2004, 08:16:11 pm »

Guess this has been going on a while... but...
When I show MediaCenter full screen, then want to click on the bottom/right
decoration to return it to normal size, the tooltip often covers up the decoration.
Can anything be done about that?
Keep up the good work.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2004, 12:28:33 am »

Bug: I did a fresh install of 11.0.81, opened up Media Server, went to settings, clicked ok, it said I needed the LAME encoder and it tried to download it. Sygate Personal Firewall popped up 3-4 times and I allowed it each time. A little while after that it said it was unable to install the plugin. I think it said "invalid package format" but I can't be 100% on that. I went to the actual URL...

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/lamemp3encoder.mjp

...and saved it to my desktop, ran it, and it installed just fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2004, 06:50:01 am »

Bug: I did a fresh install of 11.0.81, opened up Media Server, went to settings, clicked ok, it said I needed the LAME encoder and it tried to download it. Sygate Personal Firewall popped up 3-4 times and I allowed it each time. A little while after that it said it was unable to install the plugin. I think it said "invalid package format" but I can't be 100% on that. I went to the actual URL...

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/lamemp3encoder.mjp

...and saved it to my desktop, ran it, and it installed just fine.
That's probably a config problem (firewall?  virus checker?) on your end.  Your link in your message works for me.

LonWar

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 07:35:57 am »

It also works fine for me.
-

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 09:49:11 am »

Burning a CD from this build I get a "Type mismatch" error message before the burn starts - then the process just hangs until I click "canclel".

The same files burn fine in MC10.

John

JohnT

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 12:58:45 pm »

Burning a CD from this build I get a "Type mismatch" error message before the burn starts - then the process just hangs until I click "canclel".

The same files burn fine in MC10.

John
It sounds like the cdwriter module for your Media Center version did not get installed or registered properly. Could you try re-installing?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2004, 02:43:19 pm »

Will do. Thanks.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2004, 04:35:55 pm »

That's probably a config problem (firewall?  virus checker?) on your end.  Your link in your message works for me.
Yes the link works for me as well. But MC11 was unable to download and install the plugin from that URL. I believe it said "invalid package format". Even with that error message, it probably just timed out trying to get it. It failed few times before I installed it manually. I hesitate to think it is a firewall issue as the firewall asked if I should allow the connection and I allowed it. This was sufficient when MC10 downloaded and installed this plugin.

At any rate, it is something that probably doesn't get tested too often because once installed you don't have to worry about it. I'll try it out again next time I upgrade to a newer build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up