INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Change Media Location  (Read 1726 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
NEW: Change Media Location
« on: February 26, 2024, 08:50:34 am »

Description
This feature uses a wizard to match files to the library and update the library.
It is designed to assist in locating your media files on a different system or with a different operating system, while using your existing Media Center library.

Instructions
Run the wizard after restoring a library backup from a different system, or after changing your operating system.
At this time, it does not automatically prompt yet after loading a foreign library.

Your media files should be in place on the new system, if not install the drive with the files, or copy/move the files as needed.
Then use File -> Library -> Change Media Location, and point the wizard at the location of the media files.

The wizard will match files against library entries, and change their location in the Media Center library, preserving all metadata.

jmad

Re: NEW: Change Media Location
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 07:22:50 pm »

Could have used this a month ago when I rebuilt the file server  :P

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: Change Media Location
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 03:34:38 pm »

This feature worked EXCEPT for the Cover Art.  The cover art was not displaying and I tried Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory and that didn't work. 

I could use Add File and then go to the cover art contained in a folder and it displays.  However, doing that one-by-one would take forever.  That was more just a test-case to see if the cover art can display. 

Are there any settings for the Quick Find function somewhere to get that to work?  Or, some other way?   

Edit: rebooted MC and tried the Change Media Location feature again and now Quick Add is working.  This is a great new feature! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up