INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade from 9 to 10??  (Read 1182 times)

mander

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
upgrade from 9 to 10??
« on: October 25, 2004, 11:00:07 pm »

Where can I find the page to buy the upgrade from 9 to 10?  I found the pricing info, but no link to purchase.

Thanks,
Matthew

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:upgrade from 9 to 10??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 11:09:34 pm »

I could probably find the link somewhere, but the best method for an upgrade is to first install and register MC9 (presumably it already is), then download and install MC10 (overwrite MC9 when it asks).  Now, from the Help menu, click on the "Buy" option, or something like that.  This is the only way to ensure that you get the "upgrade" price. ;)

Two notes:  First, make sure IE is your default browser before you click on the "Buy" option.  (You can always change it back to Firefox or whatever after you are done. :P )  Second, be sure to backup your MC9 library before installing MC10 just in case something goes wrong.

mander

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 11:11:19 pm »

well there is my problem.. rebuilt my machine and started with 10, as my library is getting rebuilt as well..... so the question is can I do it with out rolling back to 9??? Please??

Omni

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 01:17:26 am »

Well, looking around the site, it seems that you simply have to purchase MC from within MC itself.  With that said, the above still applies.  Sorry.  (You should wait until tomorrow when someone from JRiver is around to respond officially, but I am pretty sure that's just the way it works.)

With that said, you may want to considering upgrading to MC11 instead.  It'll just cost you $15.  Check out this thread:

Media Center 11 Prices

Again, though, you still have to install MC9 first to get the "upgrade" price.  For what its worth, I was in a similar situation as you.  I wanted MC11 on my new system, but I did want to preload MC10.  I just went ahead and paid full price for MC11.  :P  (The guys at JRiver definitely deserve it consider all the work and dedication that goes into this product!)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 03:27:50 pm »

I would not go from 9 to 10, I would go 9 to 11 if i was you.

the database is better\ faster

where MC9 and 10 will take your computer a way from you til it is done saving tags, in MC11, MC will do all the work in the background.

some of the bugs in MC10 are fixed in MC11
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up