INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help creating Smartlist  (Read 1053 times)

tomslaya

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Need Help creating Smartlist
« on: October 27, 2004, 11:32:40 am »

How do I create a smartlist that displays all songs where the filename doesnt match the tag info.  For example, I file songs by [Artist]/[Album]/[Artist]-[Filename].  I want to be able to view all songs in my database that do not have this structure and put them in a smartlist named "Task - File name doesn't match Tag".

Also, is there a post that show generic smartlist or auto smartlist?

Thanks,
tomslaya

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Need Help creating Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 11:51:35 am »

Could you just use Rename from Info to make all the filenames match the tags?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:23:35 pm »

He could do that but I think he is worried that for some files the tags are right and for others the name is right while the tags are either missing or wrong.  Unfortunately the computator that I am using does not have media center on it so I can't just make the smartlist and paste the info.  But here is how I would go about doing it.

First create a viewscheme that filters for only the files you are concerned about ie mp3 or whatever.  Then open that view scheme and show only the 'name' and 'filename' in the lower pane (not the long file name just the actual file name that windows shows, trial and error should get you there) At that point I would do a sort by 'name' as primary and sort by 'filename' as secondary.  You will then want to create a niew field called 'wrong tag ?' or something like that.  Now go back to your view scheme and ad that field.  now you just need to go through and tag the ones that don't match up as NO and the ones that do as Yes.

There may and hopefully is a better and faster way of doing this, so i would wait to see if anyone else give a suggestion before starting this.

tomslaya

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 01:27:37 pm »

That is how I rename the files but I want to create the Smartlist for files that I import.  In addition I have assorted artist folders that would be listed.  I think it would be something to this effect:

[Media Type]=[Audio] - [Filename (path)]= [Artist]/[Album]/[Artist] - [Album]

But that is not working.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up