INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: addition to "export playlist" function  (Read 690 times)

marskid2

• Recent member
  • "
addition to "export playlist" function
« on: November 02, 2004, 08:56:17 am »

i am going to be using media center for my school's radio station, because of its extreme customizablility and long lists of features.  there is one thing that i am wondering could be programmed into the "export playlist" function.  

i am going to be using export playist to export the entire library (on the proposed 200GB HDD, 50,000 songs) to the radio stations website in html form.  now, i already know how to export the list, however, as our library grows (by just having people come over with their ipods and getting all their music) this list will grow and be slow to download and very hard to manage.  

i am wondering if something could be programmed into the "export playlists" window so that when you select HTML, you can choose to sort it into further html pages.
first would be a list of artists, and each artist would have a link.  this would go to a page that had a list of all the albums of that artist, and then within each album (or an album called unkown for songs whose id3 artist field is blank) would be all the songs.  

in the first two pages, the artists list and the albums list, a really neat feature would be to have the total number of songs, the size in MB and the length of time.  

all in all, dont worry about this to much, i think it just would be a great feature for anyone who would want to export their playlists to html and publish them, or an easy way to keep track of music in a print or html form.  

thanks for reading, and as always, thanks for making MC!!!
The following tale of alien encounters is true and by true I mean false. Theyre all lies, but theyre entertaining lies, and in the end isnt that the real truth?  The answer, is no.  

-The Simpsons
Pages: [1]   Go Up