INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Can't upload music to my iPod!  (Read 2230 times)

Delac

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
I Can't upload music to my iPod!
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:18:42 pm »

I need help with MC-10 and iPod (under WinXP). I restored my ipod with the updater and initialized with MC-10.
Without the portable drive 9.0.126, MC-10 couldn’t boot the iPod. With the portable drive 9.0.126 MC can boot the iPod but I can’t upload music even with the option for wma conversion (manually or Sync).

Dan ?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:I Can't upload music to my iPod!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:03:42 pm »

Dan,

Please try getting the latest version of MC 10 and you should not need to install any additional plugin.

With the portable drive 9.0.126 MC can boot the iPod but I can’t upload music even with the option for wma conversion (manually or Sync).

Are you transferring wma files to your iPod and converting them during the transfer? If this is failing, can you transfer files without conversion (assuming they are an iPod compatible filetype)? If so, can you convert wma in MC without transferring to the iPod?

Steve

Delac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 08:26:08 pm »

Steve,

I'm using (MC 10.0.173), what I assume is the latest version; and
is failing transferring any kind of files (mp3, wma, ect...) to an iPod 40G version 3.0.1.

I'm trying MC 10.0.173 in two laptops. Using Explorer, laptop-1 shows all the folders including the iPod_Control folder but laptop-2 shows some but not the iPod_Control folder. MC shows the iPod driver with its files in both laptops.

I restored (using updater) and initialyzed (with MC) the iPod three times and can't get to load up any type of files.

I had try to use Windows to format the iPod in both laptops but the format does not work in either of them.

What I do next?

Dan  ?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 04:44:58 pm »

Dan,

If you format iPod from Windows, you must disonnect it and reconnect it for the iPod folders to be created correctly on iPod.  After you do this, try initializing the iPod (like you have done before) and then drag and drop one file onto it. How does MC specifically fail when you do this?

Steve

Delac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 03:26:05 pm »

Steve,

I did what you suggested but the Windows' format fail to work on the iPod. I just can do the restored (using updater) and initialyzed (with MC-10.0.173) according to the site instructions.  I can see the iPod_Control folder in windows explorer but when I try to upload  one or few music files from MC, I get a Message that the files failed to transfer.

Dan ?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 04:35:08 pm »

Dan,

Do you have iTunes or some other application installed that is automatically contacting your iPod on startup?

What Operating System are you running?

Steve

Delac

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 04:40:38 pm »

Steve,

iTune is disabled in one laptop-1 and not installed in laptop2. The OS in both laptops, is Windows XP Pro.

Dan

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 12:48:09 pm »

Dan,

Reinitialize your iPod and drag and drop one mp3 file to it and see if it fails or succeeds. If it fails, try transferring a file with iTunes and see if it fails or succeeds.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up