INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB wav library info lookup?  (Read 1453 times)

VGuarino

• Recent member
YADB wav library info lookup?
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:42:35 pm »

Hello all,

I'm a new Media Center user and trying to figure a few things out. I had MC do a library update on my system. It found all my files. But it didn't seem to like any wav files. The funny thing is, it seemed to find track information for one or two wav files. When I try a manual update, it fails. I also added album and artist information to the local db. Still fails. Am I trying to do something that is just not supported? I know other formats have more information than WAV's but if it found one track, why not the rest?

Thanks!
Vin

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:YADB wav library info lookup?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 03:48:47 pm »

Hi Vin,

Can you be more specific about what you're doing? I don't follow.

Thanks,

j

VGuarino

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 04:02:48 pm »

j,

I've already ripped some WAV files before installing MC. When I run the library update to find my files, it finds them, but does not know anything about them. If I do a manual YADB lookup, still no info is returned.

The funny thing is, it did find one track of one album, but not the rest.

Vin

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 04:29:34 pm »

Hi Vin,

I think you are confusing two different things. The library update adds the wave files to your library, but does nothing with the tags. The YADB Lookup Individual Track tries to fingerprint the wave file and look it up in our database to get the tags. This is not guaranteed to work all the time.

Hope this helps,

j

VGuarino

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:33:57 pm »

John,

Yes, I mis spoke (typed). Sorry about that. I meant when updating through the YADB.

Is there a way to check the YADB to see if a cd is there?

Vin

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 04:42:40 pm »

Again - there might be some confusion. When you lookup an individual track/file with "Lookup Track Info From YADB", you are not looking up a CD, you are using our custom technology to fingerprint the song and try to match it against our database. We have 500,000 entries in it (compared to 900,000 CD entries in the CD database) so we're still missing a lot here.

If you want to look up a CD, you need to place the CD in the drive and use the "Lookup CD from YADB" (means re-ripping the wave files).

If the individual track search doesn't find your files, there's not much you can do
(except re-rip the CD and then submit your tracks so that our database grows :) )

Does this help?

j

VGuarino

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 04:56:50 pm »

Yes, this helps.

So because I've been testing other ripping software, cdplayer.ini became partially populated. Since MC will check cdplayer.ini, it found some of my previous wav files.

Thank you,
Vin
Pages: [1]   Go Up