INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 0 Restores left...  (Read 1391 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
0 Restores left...
« on: January 13, 2005, 05:14:45 pm »

I am registered for the media center 10 and have upgraded the product over the years from 8 on.

Evidentally, I was given a password on my initial purchase years ago and ever since have been given a serial code to use whenever I had a problem (which I am apt to have) with my computer and need to restore the program.

Now, I have ZERO restores left and am wondering if I have a problem in the future am I forced to purchase the program AGAIN? 

I understand the restore link is good for only 14 days, so I can't keep that for the future. 

Any ideas from the PROS???

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: 0 Restores left...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 05:33:57 pm »

Hi Scott, if you'll check the faq, you'll see that you are limited to a certain number of restores PER YEAR, not forever.

I've reset your restores. With 10, you should be able to last a whole year.

j

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:40:47 pm »

Thank you very much!

This is the only piece of software I have ever purchased that acts this way, i.e., 10 restores etc.

From the FAQ it is telling me that when I ORIGINALLY purchased Media Center version 8 I received a password that would have allowed me to restore without limitation.

Is that correct?

Now, I DO have a copy of my upgrade to version 10 email and ALL I HAVE is a new registration code -- NO PASSWORD!

If I am purchasing an upgrade, shouldn't I have chance a password for the new version of the software?

Thanks, again.

Scott Pyper

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:42:23 pm »

Also, if we are talking about "restores per year" I do think we are into a new year -- 2005!  Otherwise, do you want to chance the FAQ to anniversary date?

Scott

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:53:29 pm »

From the FAQ:

Q: How many restores do I have left?
A: Go to the restore page and click on the 'e-mail' button to receive a list of your registration codes by e-mail. This e-mail also tells how many restores are available.  You have ten free restores each year and there is no limit on the number of years.

You would not have received a password, it was one you entered when you purchased MC10. If you don't remember it, I'll e-mail it to you.

The year period is not from a certain day to a certain day, it is 1 year from the moment you try to restore. There's no magic moment when all your restores come back, each restore you use becomes available again one year after you actually use it.

j

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 05:59:36 pm »

Ok, now I understand what a 'year' means.  Thanks.

Yes, I would appreciate if you could email me my password....

deleted

You have been very helpful and prompt.  Thanks again!

SP

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 06:01:28 pm »

No need to post your e-mail, I already have it.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up