INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SVideo/Composite  (Read 4819 times)

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
SVideo/Composite
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:13:39 pm »

I'm using Nvidia VIVO to watch and capture TV on my pc. In MC10 I was able to choose between SVideo or Composite channel.
Now MC11 only detects SVideo. I can't find a way to add Composite channel.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: SVideo/Composite
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:23:46 pm »

SVideo and Composite inputs are dynamically discovered during run time. This aspect of the program has not changed from MC10 to MC11. Could it be caused by the driver? Have you updated the driver lately?

For MC11 latest version (11.0.184) there is an option to show or not to show the inputs as channels. Make sure you check the check box (enabling "Make video inputs available as channels").
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:38:00 am »

SVideo and Composite inputs are dynamically discovered during run time. This aspect of the program has not changed from MC10 to MC11. Could it be caused by the driver? Have you updated the driver lately?

For MC11 latest version (11.0.184) there is an option to show or not to show the inputs as channels. Make sure you check the check box (enabling "Make video inputs available as channels").

How can I change SVideo to Composite? I have better picture on Composite input. Can I have video inputs listed as channels?
I think this has been available in MC 10. There was two channels in channel list, one for eatch video input.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:49:38 am »

Try updating your driver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:15:17 am »

How can I change SVideo to Composite?

If your driver is the same then there should be both SVideo and Composite listed as channels (both should be there).

If your driver has changed, try updating it again as Jim suggested.

Also, try the following:

1. Start TV Options.

2. Go to Advanced Properties page.

3. Double-click "Audio/Video crossbar", or "Second Crossbar", "Crossbar".  The name depends on device, so I do not know what it is for yours. But there should be at least one Crossbar (some devices have two, try both). Look for "Composite Out" and "SVideo Out" in the dropdown list in "Out" panel, and make sure corresponding input is selected in the "In" panel. For example, select "Video Composite Out" in the Out panel, then make sure "Video Composite In" is selected in the In panel.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 12:55:13 pm »

Thank you for help.
I'll try this suggestions and see what happens.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 01:39:18 am »

If your driver is the same then there should be both SVideo and Composite listed as channels (both should be there).
If your driver has changed, try updating it again as Jim suggested.
I still have a problem. I tried reinstalling windows, updating all drivers... I even buy new cables and Video Composite is still not available.
In Windows movie maker and WinDVR Video Composite works perfectly.

For example, select "Video Composite Out" in the Out panel, then make sure "Video Composite In" is selected in the In panel.
I tried that too, without success. I select Video Composite and everything but when I clik OK in TV options, those settings are reverted to S-VIDEO automatically.

Don't know what to do.
 :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 09:32:47 am »

It still looks like a driver problem to me. As I mentioned before, Media Center uses a general method provided by Microsoft's DirectShow to enumerate video inputs. It gives you whatever the driver provides.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 01:00:38 pm »

I’ am using latest NVIDIA WDM VIVO Drivers v2.20. There are no newer drivers available. Video Composite is working in Movie Maker and WinDVR with these drivers. These drivers are from 2004. and, if I remember correctly, MC10 and some early builds of MC11 was showing Composite before.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 01:48:14 pm »

if I remember correctly, MC10 and some early builds of MC11 was showing Composite before.

That is what puzzles me. Between MC10 and MC11, there are not a lot of changes in this respect. There is one recent change, implemented after you started this thread in Februray, that handles the cases where the driver enumerates multiple Composite or multiple SVideo. This change should obviously not be the cause of the problem you are having.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 01:50:33 pm »

Are you able to run MC10 with this device now? If you can try it, you may confirm whether it still works with MC10. Maybe it will not work with MC10 either with the driver you currently have.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 02:59:59 pm »

Are you able to run MC10 with this device now? If you can try it, you may confirm whether it still works with MC10. Maybe it will not work with MC10 either with the driver you currently have.

Well, I just installed MC 10.
In TV options I press "Scan" and MC detects only SVideo channel, just like MC11.
But in MC10 there is an ADD button so I am able to add Composite channel myself.
I press ADD, under type I choose "Input Source" and under number I enter "1", and I have Video Composite available along with SVideo.
This is not automatic, but it works. Also this is how it works for me before, only I have completely forgot about that.

What can I do now, because I see no way to do this in MC11?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 06:23:20 pm »

Now I understand.

You can do a registry hack.

Open this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings\TV Channels

and add a string value, naming it "Composite" or whatever unique name you choose, and give it a value of "Input Source 1".

This will remain in the registry, and available next time you start MC. But if you do a Scan for channels, or switch to another TV device, this will be lost and you will have to do it again.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 11:29:23 pm »

Thank you. It Works!!!  :D
But why MC doesn't detect Video Composite by default like other programs do?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 09:13:35 am »

Thank you. It Works!!!  :D
But why MC doesn't detect Video Composite by default like other programs do?

I do not know how the other programs do that, but the driver does not seem quite compliant to DirectShow standard, which is what I follow. Another possiblity is the chunk of code that Microsoft provided is buggy - I will look into it when I have time.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 03:02:55 pm »

Ok thanks. I'm happy to know how to get Composite in MC. Although auto-detecting would be better, now I can finally throw away all other TV programs - and use MC for everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up