INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.218 Beta Available  (Read 4531 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.218 Beta Available
« on: March 17, 2005, 05:37:41 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110218.exe

Important:  Please post only bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.218 (3/17/05)

1. NEW: Integrated Theater View options into the main program options.
2. NEW: Added Theater View option to configure the text shown for a file.
3. NEW: Service Manager includes updated Audible service with integrated downloading. (Hide / Install the service in Service Manager to update from an older version)
4. Fixed: Expression evaluator would incorrectly detect circular references in some cases.
5. NEW: Revised Theater View's Playing Now view to work more like Standard View. (i.e. display is larger, controls are available, etc.)
6. NEW: Added Theater View option to allow left / right arrows to go into and out of pages.
7. Changed: Pressing 'Left' when in a menu will cancel the menu. (useful in Theater View)
8. NEW: Added "Jump on play" setting for Theater View, defaults to showing Playing Now when starting playback.
9. Fixed: TiVo Server was using the wrong options dialog.
10. Fixed: When clicking next right after a track finished, the play count could get incremented for both tracks.
11. Fixed: Customize Current View > Remove Column would remove two columns instead of one.

11.0.216 (3/16/05)

1. Fixed: Expressions with field names that contained parenthesis did not work properly.
2. Fixed: Some expressions with If(...) statements would not properly output all characters.
3. NEW: Added FormatRange(...) support to expression evaluator for outputting groupings. (i.e. A-C, 100-200, etc.)
4. Changed: Changed tree / list coloring so only the main tree and list ever use 'focused' color.
5. Changed: When reporting tagging failures the file list will be truncated so the dialog won't be too large.
6. NEW: TV has preliminary support of Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 device (viewing and recording only, no time-shifting yet).
7. Fixed: Ripping from multiple CD drives wasn't working.
8. Fixed: In certain situations, MC was leaving a CD drive in a state where it couldn't be accessed by MC or other programs until MC was closed.
9. Changed: Improved support for empty dates in the expression evaluator.
10. NEW: Added remote control buttons for jumping directly to most Theater View pages. (also available from Girder as MCC_THEATER_VIEW)
11. Changed: Improved Theater View's functioning when "Keep focus" option was not selected.
12. Optimzed: Showing Theater View's home page can be much faster.
13. Changed: Revised Theater View selection flow so select menu items are at the top once selection has begun.
14. Changed: Improved support for back / forward shortcuts in Theater View. (all mapped keyboard shortcuts now work)
15. NEW: Added 'Remove' to the commands menu inside of Theater View's Playing Now.
16. Changed: Improved Theater View's handling of back / forward shortcuts so all shortcuts (Alt+Left, Backspace, etc.) will work.
17. Fixed: D-Link DSM-320 was not playing music. It requires the new "No Server Header" option to be checked.
18. Fixed: Skip transcoding for files changing to the same type now works for all encoders, not just MP3.
19. Fixed: The External Encoder would auto-configure when not needed.
20. Fixed: Computers without any Audible activations would not play untargeted Audible files.
21: Changed: Input and encoder WMA plugins link to the latest Windows Media 9.5 libraries.

11.0.214 (3/14/05)

1. Changed: Some tree controls would use the the unfocused color instead of the focused color.
2. Fixed: Action Window's File Info field list would not properly show the currently selected columns.
3. NEW: Added Mid(...) and IsRange(...) functions to expression evaluator.
4. NEW: "Rename From Properties..." supports database expressions.
5. Fixed: Remote drive designation as Portable Device.
6. Fixed: Library Server Authentication was not working.
7. Fixed: CD ripping reported "failure" despite ripping all tracks successfully.
8. Fixed: CD Rip and Cancel buttons worked differently in Action window and in the list control.
9. Fixed: CD ripping failures resulted in confusing action window behavior.
10. Fixed: Multiple CD's could not be selected for ripping.
11. Fixed: The HandHeld Options dialog was not remembering changes.
12. Fixed: The HandHeld option for not converting different bitrates of the same format was not working.
13. Changed: Added "Library" menu (with backup, restore, library manager, etc.) to library root tree right-click.

11.0.213 (3/11/05)

1. NEW: Added support for If(...), FixCase(...), and IsEqual(...) to expression evaluator.
2. Fixed: Installer would reinstall WM 9.5 on XP machines when it wasn't necessary.
3. Fixed: Database expressions can be used as columns in list controls. (still a work in progress)
4. Changed: Listed CD capacity for burning no longer takes multi-session overhead into account. 700MB disc is now listed as 700MB.

11.0.212 (3/11/05)

1. Fixed: In skins without a tree selection image, the focused / unfocused coloring was reversed.
2. Fixed: Tools that used encoders would not work properly. (ripping, burning, recording)
3. Fixed: Installation on Win2k would try to install Windows Media runtimes that were too new.
4. Fixed: Creating / renaming data burning CD folders would cause a crash.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Support for Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150
Full support for the Audible Store as a Service Plug-in
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re: Media Center 11.0.218 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 05:50:15 pm »

No fix yet for the portable synching problems? Is that coming soon?

Pegase64

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »

Brilliant !

a new build each day, really a very good work from your team.

Any news about UPnP plug-in ?
Still no support for videos, and for alphanumeric sort from Streamium SL300I
(I know, it's OT... but UPnp thread seems inactive)

Pegase64
Pegase64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 08:52:30 pm »

If you post in the UPnP thread, you should get an answer from the author of the plug-in, John Gateley.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 09:52:00 pm »

Guys, guys, guys!!!! All these Theater View enhancements are making me extremely excited!!! Thankyou.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:11:59 pm »

When starting the transfer to handheld (which is configured as a network path), this message appears:

Error
Out of memory. Upload aborted.
Ok

Needless to mention that on the network drive there is 20GB available space, isn't it?
It works for local drives but not for network drives.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 12:59:21 am »

When selecting in explorer a folder to play in MC (Replace & Play),
MC adds them twice to playing now.

If doing this with a selection of files (not a folder), it works fine
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 01:02:39 am »

When selecting a track info page, when stopping MC, restarting MC, it defaults back to my previous selected track info page
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 01:52:25 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 02:47:12 am »

love the new Revised Theater View's Playing Now view!!!!

thx alot

zeltak

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 04:00:17 am »

Theater View:
Great new features for Touch-Screen using.

Thanks
Uwe

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MC crash with database expression
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 06:53:43 am »

While playing around with database expressions I detected a reproduceable MC crash when entering the following database expression within rename files from tags:

IF(ismissing(Group),,[Group]\)IF(ismissing([Album]),02 Tracks\[Genre],01 Albums\[Artist]\[Album])

I know - I'va made a mistake with using ( instead of [ when accessing custom field group but anyway it shouldn't crash.

mkhozi

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 07:10:01 am »

Movies with more than 1 audio stream would play all audio streams at once - all overlapping ! Would be nice to have an option to select which audio stream to play...

This problem occured on an AVI with french and english audio streams.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 08:23:36 am »

is this a new error in mc11?  it imports all files, and shows the correct dialog,

--------------------------------------- 
LIBRARY now has 106814 files. 
Search and update took 6:34. 
Imported 3367 new files. 
Failed ton import 35 files. 
Fixed 850 broken left.  (850 fixed, 0 removed)
Updated 63889 files that had eXternal CHANGE. 
----------------------------------------

and after a klick on ok, it closes witout any messages. if you repeat this, mc11 will crash, if you klick on the library button after importing files.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 10:27:16 am »

2. NEW: Added Theater View option to configure the text shown for a file.

* glynor does the Dance of Joy!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!  Great work on Theater View with the past few builds.  You addressed so many of the issues people pointed out, and it is far slicker than it was just days ago.

Keep up the great work Matt (and all of JRiver).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 11:36:43 am »

sorting in Playing Now seems to have gone whack...

I chose files from the media library, double-clicked one from the middle of the list to send the group to Playing Now. Right-clicked, chose Shuffle. Clicked the Artist column. Clicked the Seq column. The Seq column now reads: 1,2,4,6,8,10....94,95,97,99,100,101,103,105,106,111,3,5,7...93,96,96,98,102,104 etc. I think you get the general idea. Repeatedly clicking the Seq column doesn't help. I've tried other playlists with similar results.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 11:44:26 am »

Repost of earlier issue:

From Playing Now, Standard View go to Windowed View. Move the mouse into the Windowed View window and either click the close button in the window frame or, once the controls appear in the window click the close "X". Prior to build 2?? MC would reappear in standard mode. It no longer does. Additionally, if I click the MC icon in my taskbar and right-click in the display pane, it appears that MC still thinks it's in Windowed View (a checkmark appears next to it in the context menu).

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 12:14:09 pm »

... from one of the previous change-logs:

11.0.211 (3/10/05)

3. Changed: Showing track info pages with certain IE system sounds enabled could cause MC to play sounds when switching tracks.

I still get this sound, also with the latest build (218).

Catch 22

• Recent member
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 12:22:29 pm »

Crackin piece of software guys, builds coming thick and fast. Will check out the new theatre views as soon as I finish downloading .218.  8)

Possible bug. If you print to a file from a data list as it recommends it works fine, however, the print function tries to repeat a second, third and sometimes forth time. :'(

Also, a request. Is it possible to add a print of the album thumbnails views? So I get a thumbnail then album and artist as text next to it. Current print methods only seem to create a large listing of albums with all tracks etc.

Ciao

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 12:59:55 pm »

The progress bar still doesn't behave correctly when ripping CDs.  It fills up as the first track is ripped then stays full for all the subsequent tracks.

Also, the message displayed is "Ripping 1 track" when it should probably be something like "Ripping track 3".

NumberEleventeen

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 01:29:07 pm »

What ever happened to the advanced tag editor?
Like where you can editor tags of multiple files at once.
Say i wanna set the year of a set of files all the same?

Remember it somewhere, but can't find it now.

NumberEleventeen

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 01:56:40 pm »

Dropdown box's in general still skinned wrong:

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 02:20:13 pm »

What ever happened to the advanced tag editor?
Like where you can editor tags of multiple files at once.
Say i wanna set the year of a set of files all the same?

Remember it somewhere, but can't find it now.
You can do this now several ways. Show the column you want to edit in your view, select the files to change, right-click one of the selected rows on the field/column you want to change and select "Edit Selected Item  F2". Your edit will be applied to all the selected files. Another method is "tagging mode" where you select the files then edit the field in the view scheme panels at the top of the window. Hope that helps.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 02:44:24 pm »

You can do this now several ways....

Or, you can select all the files you want to change and then either:

a) right-click --> Tag Info.  This will open the Tag Editor "action window" over on the lower left part of the screen (below the Tree).  Any changes you make there will apply to all selected files.

b) drag-and-drop the files onto a part of the tree that has the attribute you want to set.  For example, if you want to set the Genre on a group of files to "Reggae", but you also want to set the Artist to "Eek-A-Mouse" and the Album to "Eeksperience", you can just select the files you want those tags applied to and drag-drop them onto the Eeksperience icon in the Tree View (when using a Genre/Artist/Album View Scheme with the Populate tree option selected in the View Scheme).  This assumes, of course, that you already have at least 1 file in the library with these tags applied (otherwise there wouldn't be an Eeksperience icon in the tree). This will set automatically all the applicable tags for you, and is quick and easy.

I use this second method all the time for tagging my saved TV shows.  Since they are released 1 at a time, I often have to add to one or a handful of files the same exact tags (Artist=Show Name, Album=Season #, Genre=TV, Corporation=Media Conglomerate, Year=2005, etc) as I already have the other episodes set.  It's a great way to add a whole bunch of tags to a single file (or group of files) all in one fell swoop.

BTW: This should really be branched off into it's own thread as it isn't a bug, but a support question, but I'm not a mod so I can't fix it (not that I want to be).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 05:29:38 pm »

Dropdown box's in general still skinned wrong:

that may also depend on your video board and or current drivers.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up