INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Problems, 1 MJ8 won't install; 2 10 licence renewals doesn't work  (Read 1456 times)

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Each time I download MJ8 I save it so it will reinstall when I have to rebuild the computer.  This time it did not work.  I downloaded MJ8 from your site and the same as the saved version occured.  That is I start the install and get to the response from the software that says install will begin, please wait.  The installation never happens.  Help 1

Second, I purchased MJ8 in 2003 or 2004, the number of available license keys should reset to 10 after each year.  It has not reset even once and now the license restore software tells me I only have four restores left.  In fact, for 2005 I should have 9 restores left since I used the first 2005 restore one half hour ago.  Help 2  Thanks so much

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Two Problems, 1 MJ8 won't install; 2 10 licence renewals doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 10:54:57 am »

Try clearing your temp file space.

IE/Tools/Internet Options/Temporary Internet Files/Delete Files.

Other possibilities are a popup blocker or virus checker.

If you run out of restores, please post here.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 10:59:49 am »

You've used 6 restores in the past year, so having 4 left is correct. (it's not based on calendar year)

On may 18th, you'll get two more back.

As Jim said - if you need more, you can always ask here.

j

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 11:20:08 am »

I wish it were that simple.  I turned off anti virus ugh! and pop up blocking; still no install.  Is MJ 8 behind with XP SP2 installed?  Should I go ahead and buy the MC?  Is it up to date with XP SP2?  Is their a less expensive upgrade price for MC?  Thanks, mn

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 11:21:37 am »

Temp space?

Did you look at other software running?

Download again?

Reboot?

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 11:30:19 am »

Yes to all, no other running except start up stuff and I checked to make sure none would interfere.  Another problem I noticed with MJ8 that I mentioned to Nero and they had heard of it from two others.  It is when I could load MJ8 and Nero was installed the LAME MP3 power pack for nero disappeared.  It did not matter what the sequence for installation was.  Nero is now uninstalled.  Will this problem go away if I go to MC 10?  Any thoughts on my previous questions?  Thanks, mn

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:06:54 am »

I haven't received any answers to my media center questions, above.  Now they are moot, because the same problem occurs when I try to download the trial version of Media Center.  I have tried setting popups allowed from jriver.com and musicex.com.  All to no avail.  I have also tried turning off the security software with the same results.  I have had no problems with any of the other software packages, and there are many, installations.  This problem is associated with only the media jukebox and media center installation.  Please help

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:21:53 am »

The problem is almost certain to be something unusual about your system since it isn't a common problem.

I've given some suggestions above.  Try uninstalling software since the software itself may be buggy.  For example, the "allow pop-ups" may not be working.  We've seen situations with third party firewalls that required not just de-activating but actually uninstalling.

So... uninstall, reboot, uninstall, reboot, etc. until you can find the problem.

Use IE to download and install.  Verify the filename, location, and size and report it here.

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 03:43:17 pm »

O.K.  I will try this proceedure.  Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will let you know when I get it done.  Thanks again for your suggestions and instructions.  Sincerely, mn
Pages: [1]   Go Up