INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From new Guy: How does MONKEY an MJ ineract?  (Read 1604 times)

2minikan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
From new Guy: How does MONKEY an MJ ineract?
« on: October 17, 2002, 02:56:32 pm »

???Does media Jukebox make APE files? Do I need to first convert my CD to wav to make them APE? Does Media Jukebox play APE files? Does the guy who made Monkey work for Media Jukebox? What is the prcess for making a lossless recording then playing it back? I am about to by MJ so I really would like clarification, I would like to play my compressed and noncompressed files seemlessly.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: From new Guy: How does MONKEY an MJ ineract?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 03:10:33 pm »

>> Does media Jukebox make APE files?
Yes

>> Do I need to first convert my CD to wav to
>> make them APE?
No

>> Does Media Jukebox play APE files?
Yes

>> Does the guy who made Monkey work for
>> Media Jukebox?
No, He Works For J River, J River Makes Media Jukebox And His Name Is Matt

>> What is the prcess for making a lossless recording
>> then playing it back?
The Help File, Might Help
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

2minikan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 03:23:57 pm »

Thank You, you answered all my questions. I will proceed to pay and download

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 03:29:38 pm »

after download you will have a 30 day trial make sure everything works for you.

MJ9 is in Alpha version and you can buy that if you wish, you need to download MJ9 first.

Thanks for trying MJ.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 03:44:01 pm »

I agree with mr. peanut.  Download first.  Use the 30 days to make sure that MJ is what you expected, then pay for it.  You will not be given a refund if you pay and decide later that you don't like it.

Use the trial period for what it's for, dude.

Although, I used about 4 hours of my trial period before I paid for it.  MJ rules.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

2minikan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 02:31:56 pm »

I tried it for about 5 hours. Love it! So I had to give these people money for a job well done. Dont get me wrong your advice was absolutely right. If it wasn't for the fact that I have been dealing with Audiostation, Win Amp and at some point in the past real audio I would have taken more time.
  All these players were written by the computer geak for the computer geak. The only purpose was to put as much music in as little space as possible who cares how it sounds.  
  ;DThis thing was written by a genious for people who want to listen to music. I have a strong suspicion that these people have a computer hooked up to more than some plastic speakers. I would dare say they may be audiofiles. If not they are nothing short of clairevoyant. They anticipated almost everything I could ask.
 I always wondered why those other computer programs were so limited, after all a computer should be able to do anything a collection of boxes can. I have been slowly but surely putting together a theater PC and this is more than I could have hoped for.

Sorry for rambling but I am really impressed. ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 02:38:23 pm »

I tried it for about 5 hours. Love it! So I had to give these people money for a job well done. Dont get me wrong your advice was absolutely right. If it wasn't for the fact that I have been dealing with Audiostation, Win Amp and at some point in the past real audio I would have taken more time.
  All these players were written by the computer geak for the computer geak. The only purpose was to put as much music in as little space as possible who cares how it sounds.  
  ;DThis thing was written by a genious for people who want to listen to music. I have a strong suspicion that these people have a computer hooked up to more than some plastic speakers. I would dare say they may be audiofiles. If not they are nothing short of clairevoyant. They anticipated almost everything I could ask.
 I always wondered why those other computer programs were so limited, after all a computer should be able to do anything a collection of boxes can. I have been slowly but surely putting together a theater PC and this is more than I could have hoped for.

Sorry for rambling but I am really impressed. ;D

No need to apologize.  And thanks!  The guys who write this stuff are all the things you say, and more.  It's a privilege to be part of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up