INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A CALL TO ARMS ~YADB~  (Read 2647 times)

JONCAT

A CALL TO ARMS ~YADB~
« on: March 26, 2005, 11:23:15 am »

Are people taking the time to add track info to YADB?

I just realized I haven't been so I can't complain when something like Miles Davis - Sorcerer is in there.

Let's go folks - add your info today!

JC

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A CALL TO ARMS ~YADB~
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 12:30:10 pm »

I think the idea is that when you find one of your newly imported CDs is not in the database, fill it in manually and then upload the data.

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
It's already happening!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 01:24:44 pm »

I remember a couple years ago when MC abandoned CDDB because of unreasonable licensing fees.

There was a lot of complaining because people feared YADB would never have the coverage.

Well I recently ripped about 600 CD's (most of them "mainstream" by conventional standards, but some pretty esoteric) and I don't think I had to enter in info manually for more than 10 of them.

That speaks pretty well to YADB's coverage and to the efforts of folks to augment it since it became the JRiver standard!

So thanks to the people who are already doing this.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 01:46:29 pm »

Highlite all tracks that are tagged correctly and then righ click library tools>submit track info to yadb.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 03:48:35 pm »

pank2002

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 04:01:15 pm »

Most of my CD's are in YADB when I rip... even the danish titles!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 04:20:08 pm »

Most of my CD's are in YADB when I rip... even the danish titles!

not the same thing as digital finger printing

the info when you rip a cd is based on the CD ID (TOC) and not the media file it's self

after files are ripped That YADB ID'ed they must be selected and re-submited to YADB so that YADB can get the finger print.

it would be nice if this was done when a user rips a CD, but that option has never been put in Media Center.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 05:00:32 pm »

the info when you rip a cd is based on the CD ID (TOC) and not the media file it's self

after files are ripped That YADB ID'ed they must be selected and re-submited to YADB so that YADB can get the finger print.

it would be nice if this was done when a user rips a CD, but that option has never been put in Media Center.
This is a great idea since even after I submit all of my good songs, when I add more I am not going on my own submit this every time.  I would love to batch edit ones that have NOT been submitted but I would never know which songs once I integrate new songs into the library where as once a cd is ripped, it would do it automatically and would wouldn't then have to resubmit all of my songs over again.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

pank2002

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 06:28:43 pm »

Really? I guess I should submit my data then. Hmm, it seems rather folish that it doesn't submit it when ripping CD's. 
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

sbl

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 06:54:04 am »

I'm just restarting my process of re-ripping all my CDs to MP3 using MC11 (formerly had WMA with WMP10).  One thing I have noticed is that for several of the discs there have been as many as four albums matched, all minor variants of the others (and some identical as far as what was displayed).  How does one report this?  I couldn't find any info at yadb.com.

Can one also submit cover art?  Or, where does the cover art come from?  It maddeningly finds some but not others - such as one disc of a two-disc set.  I know I can fix it up later.

Also, is there a way to add information, such as years or genres?  Many of the listings omit this.

What good does it do to submit correctly identified tracks?  What is the process for submitting corrections? (I can't figure out the interface to that.)

I expect that when I get to my Classical CDs I'll be entering lots of track info - the various databases I have used seem to have the most trouble with these.
Steve

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 11:31:46 am »

I agree with the issue of the multiple versions of album information. Especially when the differences are minor things like capitalization.
I am sure cleaning up duplicate information is a job nobody wants but it would be nice if there was a way to do it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 11:48:49 am »

I agree with the issue of the multiple versions of album information. Especially when the differences are minor things like capitalization.

Some users do correc this info, gateley could automate this but has not done so.

I am sure cleaning up duplicate information is a job nobody wants but it would be nice if there was a way to do it.

there is for YADB CD data not for the fingerprint data, ask gateley if you wish to help clean up this data.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sbl

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 01:17:03 pm »

According to yadb.com, there is a group of people who have taken on the role of eliminating duplicates.  I'm sure it would be easier if we could let someone know of issues as we run across them.
Steve

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 02:48:59 pm »

So what happens when the YADB lookup is successful but I notice errors.
After I fix the track information I press submit and then what.
Is this where we end up with duplicate information in YADB.

What should I be doing to ensure that the information in YADB is corrected and not duplicated?

I am willing to help in any way I can.

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 07:04:49 am »

I do not find many titles in YADB when I rip. Jazz and Jamaican titles....blues as well. As for cover art, I have been pulling picture off the web or snapping shots with my Canon camera. Glad to see people interested in this.

JC

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 09:47:18 am »

If you are interested in helping clean up the YADB data, check out:

http://www.yadb.com/howto.html

Thanks,

j

sbl

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 03:10:20 pm »

Is there a way to report/clean up inconsistencies and errors?  Classical CDs are giving me fits here.  I have a nine-disc set of Vivaldi concertos.  Each disc is found in YADB, but there must have been five DIFFERENT approaches to naming the disc, artist and tracks across the nine discs.  The mind boggles.

Does YADB have composer information?  Doesn't seem to from what I can tell.
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up