INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable options -- working?  (Read 1365 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Portable options -- working?
« on: March 28, 2005, 01:15:26 pm »

Steve,

in MC11.225, I see that we now have the option to save settings based on the Portable device. But either I don't understand what it is supposed to do or it is not working all the way.

I have an iPod, a Creative MuVo N2000 and a PDA (hmm, I'd like to have a laptop, too, but that seems to have gotten broken somewhere along the line?). All of these are recognized by MC and they are all listed in the Portable Options (the MuVo 2000 is listed twice -- not sure why).

The MuVo and the iPod are the two device I really use and I use them quite differently, which is why I have been interested in this functionality. So I chose those Options and set them the way I wanted them to be (e.g. I convert files to WMA 128 on the MuVo, no conversion for the iPod, etc.). I also picked the "Auto Sync" and chose the Playlists I wanted to sync for both devices.

When I connected the iPod and chose Sync from AW, the playlists selected were NOT the ones I had chosen in the iPod Options, they were the ones that had been selected the last time I had tried to sync a device. I clicked on Options (mostly because that seems to get the Free Space to calculate) and a) it automatically comes up to the Options for the first listed device (CF Card in my case), NOT the iPod; and b) all the settings for the iPod were as I had set them.

Pretty much got the same results with the MuVo (playlists selected when I synced were NOT the ones chosen for the MuVo in Options), although I never could sync, because the Free Space calculation was wrong (even after deleting everything on the MuVo).

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Portable options -- working?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 04:18:51 pm »

tlongacre,

I'd like to have a laptop, too, but that seems to have gotten broken somewhere along the line?)

Can you get 230 and then detail what is broken?

On the subject of conversion, it was not working entirely correctly prior to 230. 230 should fix conversion and the options should be selectable per device.

The playlists selections are not unique per device in 230. I have added that feature  just now and it will be in the next build early next week.

Steve

lOth

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:40:46 am »

The playlists selections are not unique per device in 230. I have added that feature  just now and it will be in the next build early next week.

Yeah!!!!   :D

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 08:39:56 am »

Steve,

I got .230 and it seemed to install correctly (exactly the same as every prior version). However, when I tried to run it, it never came up. If I did CTL-ALT-DEL, I could see that it was running (not under Applications, but under Processes). So, I dumped it and went back to .205 (since I was desperately trying to get my iPod to work as I'm on my way to Uganda for a month).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:04:53 am »

Reboot and re-install.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 09:16:57 am »

Steve,

I got .230 and it seemed to install correctly (exactly the same as every prior version). However, when I tried to run it, it never came up. If I did CTL-ALT-DEL, I could see that it was running (not under Applications, but under Processes). So, I dumped it and went back to .205 (since I was desperately trying to get my iPod to work as I'm on my way to Uganda for a month).

THis happened to me, re-booting and re-installing about 3 times eventually worked.  A very rough installation for me.

I am having iPod troubles once again.  I had left it to synch and came back and MC had crashed.  So I don't have too much to tell you.

I still was having trouble with MC not calculating space after a synch correctly, it telling me -1.5 GB when i had 10+ gb free on the iPod.  I synched and ejected and took a complicated smartlist out of rotation and ejected again which cleared up the calc problem.  Am synching now, hopefully back on track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up