INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Transfer - File Missing error  (Read 1905 times)

dcpoppy

• Recent member
Unable to Transfer - File Missing error
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:08:55 am »

I am on MC11 230 and have been getting this error consistently with the v11 beta on my Philips GoGear 2GB.  My library is predominatly lossless WMA that I am trying to transcode to mp3.  Also, my iRiver H340 is no longer even recognized as an attached handheld even though I can see it's drive under the my computer tree.  Both mp3 players show up under the my computer windows explorer.

Also noticed skip files of same type is gone in 230 - is it coming back?  I liked it...

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: Unable to Transfer - File Missing error
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:52:16 am »

Is this fixed for the iPod yet?

I haven't read anything in the beta notes saying it{s fixed, but i'm assuming by now it has been, and I just missed it.
pretend this is something funny

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 12:39:25 pm »

I am on MC11 230 and have been getting this error consistently ...

When do you get the error, before the transfer? If so, can you play the file from within MC? If so, what is the path as reported by MC for 'Filename'?

Also, my iRiver H340 is no longer even recognized as an attached handheld even though I can see it's drive under the my computer tree.

With what version was it last recognized? Does the H340 appear as a fixed as opposed to a  removable drive to your PC?  If so, you must configure a path to it under Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives for detection for MC to recognize it.

Is this fixed for the iPod yet?

I assume you mean the skip files type option?  No, it will be fixed for all players soon and it is definitely coming back.

Steve

dcpoppy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 07:11:35 pm »

When do you get the error, before the transfer? If so, can you play the file from within MC? If so, what is the path as reported by MC for 'Filename'?

I get the error when I hit the transfer button.  I looked a little further, and the playlist I am trying to transfer has file locations that look like this: m01p://192.168.1.103/Z:\music\alice in chains\dirt\junkhead.wma even though I am transferring from the machine that has all the files on a local drive.  Is there a way to re-point them?

With what version was it last recognized? Does the H340 appear as a fixed as opposed to a  removable drive to your PC?  If so, you must configure a path to it under Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives for detection for MC to recognize it.

Configuring remote drive for detection worked - thanks, never had to do that before.

I assume you mean the skip files type option?  No, it will be fixed for all players soon and it is definitely coming back.

Steve

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 12:11:53 pm »

Actually, I meant the "Unable to Transfer - File Missing error" for the iPod.  It doesn't want to load m4a files.

Is this working again yet?

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 01:16:16 pm »

These are Audible files, right?

Try removing them from the library and re-importing with MC 11.0.231. 

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 01:38:22 pm »

dcpoppy,

Those files are located on a Media Server. MC will not transfer files that are on a media server.

Steve

dcpoppy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 06:33:26 pm »

Right, but I am trying to transfer them from the machine the local library is on, not from a remote client.

I understand that the playlist would have to be pointing to the server on the clients, but on the server itself the playlist should point to the local files, right?

dcpoppy

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 08:12:20 pm »

Problem solved - I exported the playlist to .m3u, opened in a text editor, did find and replace on the network bit and opened the playlist back up.  It appears to be working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up