INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An idea for making MC better for quick tagging  (Read 637 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
An idea for making MC better for quick tagging
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:54:29 pm »

When I tag files I use all sorts of methods like tagging mode, in line editing, action window etc.  Sometimes I just want to quickly tag something while it's playing and none of those options is very quick;  Tagging mode is not much use if you are in playing now, in line editing is no good if it's a field you wouldn't normally show in the view and action window could be a lot of clicks and scrolls to find the field you want, not to mention the fact that some of us using TV's & HTPC's like to hide the action window / tree to give up more real estate.

So here's my suggested enhancement that I think would be really cool.  It came to me when I saw something in excel.  In excel if you type a load of numbers in a column and then highlight the cells containing the numbers an entry appears on the right hand side of the status bar telling you the sum of the numbers.  If you right click this part of the status bar you can change it from Sum to Average, count, max, min etc. 

The status bar would be a great place to put a quick tagging function in MC since it's always there no matter what view you are in.  Out of all the fields and custom fields in the library we will all have our personal favourites that we use for tagging and many others are not used.  If you could introduce a quick tag function where we could use Options>Library to specify which fields are included it would be awesome.  You would right click the status bar, left click the field you want to tag and a pop up box would appear (similar to tagging mode) for you to enter the value. 

What do you think?
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up