INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: music directory fix  (Read 664 times)

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
music directory fix
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:38:38 am »

HERE'S A GOOD IDEA FOR FUTURE BUILDS/VERSIONS.

MC should have a USER VARIABLE directory for user’s music folders.

Here is what is mean.  In windows when you install a program windows tells the program that the program files directory is c:\program files\ but you can create a VARIABLE that tells windows that [%PROGRAMFILES%] = c:\program files\ and should now be i.e. p:\  or  e:\program files\ …etc.  Now by default the program will install to i.e. p:\ or e:\program files\ …etc., unless changed by the user. 

Using the same idea MC should have a USER VARIABLE that creates %MUSIC% so no matter where the music directory is located the user can signify this by just defining %MUSIC%= for example D:\ or C:\My Music\ ...etc.  This way if you installed a new HD or want to use a different Drive letter you can change USER VARIABLE in MC.  Your MC database will file songs like this %MUSICDIR%\2PAC\02.HAILMARY.MP3 or whatever name structure you already have.

This could be an option for users; it doesn’t have to take over the existing system.  This can be an option during installation.  I just think this is a better system for universal use of the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up