INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename on synch?  (Read 1130 times)

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Rename on synch?
« on: April 14, 2005, 05:26:08 pm »

I know MC can convert formats on the fly, but can it rename as well?  I'd like to be able to prefix the file name with the track number so that they play in the "correct" order.

Ian G.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Rename on synch?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 02:44:00 am »

I always think it's wise to use a filenaming convention like that anyway.  Why not rename all your files on your PC so they start with Track #.
JLee

IanG

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:12:20 am »

I always think it's wise to use a filenaming convention like that anyway.  Why not rename all your files on your PC so they start with Track #.

Mainly because when I'm working with music files on a PC I expect to find them alphabeticaly ordered by title.  Renaming's an option, but I want to have my cake and eat it too  ;)

Ian G.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 09:49:52 am »

Ian,

This could be added. But not right now. If you have not explored the right click option for 'Rearrange upload folders' take a look. Depending on how your device handles playback, this may open up some options to achieve what you are after.

Steve

IanG

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 04:27:29 pm »

Steve, thanks for that! Unfortunately, good as they are, the right click options don't do it.  I can live without it - I just thought I'd ask!  If you do add renaming on the fly, it might be useful to be able to use the sequence number as well as the db fields - that would give a sort of pseudo playlist support to handhelds that don't have playlist support.

Ian G.

Pages: [1]   Go Up