INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.241 Beta Available  (Read 9700 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.241 Beta Available
« on: April 15, 2005, 04:20:45 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
[pulled by JimH because of possible handheld auto-synch problems]

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.241 (4/15/05)

1. Fixed: Some toolbar links to tree items were not working properly.
2. NEW: Includes help file updated for version 11.
3. NEW: Added new "DVD Menu" as a configurable remote button. (also available as MCC command MCC_DVD_MENU (10033))
4. Fixed: Analyzing files time lag problem for Portables.
5. Fixed: With Media Server running, Media Center could not be closed.
6. Fixed: MP3 encoder would not work properly for handhelds.

11.0.240 (4/14/05)

1. Fixed: Cancelling secure ripping process sometimes caused application crash.
2. NEW: Added SDK function IMJZoneAutomation->GetMixer(...) for zone specific mixer control.
3. Fixed: Shell extension's "Replace & Play" would not work properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: File assocation for playlists could not be unselected in some cases.
5. Changed: MC file association system better copes with Explorer-specific changes so the File Associations list is more accurate.
6. Fixed: Some actions that showed a "Working..." dialog would force Media Center to the foreground.
7. Fixed: File conversion when transferring to Portables.
8. Changed: Number of plays when new files tranferred to Portables will always be 0.
9. Fixed: After each CD track finished ripping, application window would come to the foreground.
10. Changed: Removed list "Tile" mode for now. (may return in a later version)

11.0.236 (4/13/05)

1. Fixed: For 'drive defined' portables, 'file type not supported' will no longer appear in the view.
2. Fixed: Progress bar not working right for CD ripping when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
3. Fixed: Rip/encode speed not correct when when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
4. Fixed: Rip/encode simultaneous option not synchronized between encoder options page and advanced ripping options page.
5. NEW: Audible files resume where they last left off when restarting playback inside of Media Center. (bookmarking)
6. Fixed: Track info pages would not load properly in some cases.
7: Changed: Removed autodetection of NetGear.
8. NEW: Support for Buffalo LinkTheater Network Media Player.
9. New: Support Audio Only mode for UPnP devices with no video output.
10. Fixed: Use Flat URLs option was not working.
11. Fixed: No alternating messages when initializing portables between 'Initializing' and 'Retrieving track information'.
12. Fixed: Toggle between 'sync all' and 'sync selected' for portables.
13. Changed: Improvements added for enumeration of Fixed/Remote drive devices.
14. Changed: Improvements to Auto sync.
15. Fixed: Drag-n-drop inside of a playlist / Playing Now would not work properly.
16. Changed: Playing a tree path with /TreePath= for a random-style smartlist will get a new batch of files each time.

11.0.235 (4/11/05)

1. Changed: Paths defined as Portable Devices will support transfer of all filetypes.
2. Fixed: Portable Action Window progress would not auto close after transfer.
3. Fixed: During auto sync, data from a portable would not be synced to PC.
4. Fixed; Delete unselected portables option.
5. Changed: Dropping on the Media Library (and possibly other) lists could show an uneeded Copy / Move menu.
6. Fixed: In some are cases, drop actions that showed a menu could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Imports that included playlists could cause inconsistent import summary reporting or crashes.
8. Fixed: Import would import broken links from playlists if "Ignore small files" was unchecked.
9. Changed: InstallWizard no longer tries to install Windows Media Device Manager components on Windows XP since they should already have been installed with WMF95.
10. Changed: User interface in action window when burning data CD's.
11. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding had problems "allowing" a secondary audio format onto the destination CD.
12. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding was not transferring tags to the transcoded files burned to CD.
13. Changed: View headers use buttons instead of hyperlinks for commands. (like Rip, Play, etc.)
14. NEW: Theater View's Playing Now will keep the playing file highlighted and visible as tracks change.
15. Fixed: Library Server would not play files with Unicode filenames.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.241 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 04:42:27 pm »

I reported in the last bug thread that there was a problem with tags getting screwed up for AVI files.  The problem is still there but my diagnosis was not correct.  I'm still not quite sure what's happening but I've noticed that it happens when an AVI is added to playing now and the AVI is on a network drive.  If it's called from a local machine the tags are left intact.

What happens is the Name field becomes the filename, Artist field remains OK, Album field becomes the date the file was last modified and the Date (Year) field becomes the date and time the file was last modified.  Wierd eh?

Hope you can fix this.  Everytime i play an AVI on my HTPC I have to go back to my dev pc and fix the tags.

[Edit - Sorry I should have said I'm still using .225.  I'm desperate to upgrade but some iPOD stuff it still broken (ability to skip file conversion for same filetypes for example) whereas .225 works pretty well except for long filenames for which I have a workaround).

JLee

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 04:50:52 pm »

Will 'skip converting same file type' when transferring to a handheld and converting formats ever return?

Hard to guess why this was taken out.

I'm doing a convert format on the playlist, then replacing any non-MP3 with the converted file, then sending to the handheld with no conversion enabled.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 04:59:33 pm »

Will 'skip converting same file type' when transferring to a handheld and converting formats ever return?

Quote from: SteveG
The option to skip files of the same file type is not in the current build.  It will be readded soon.

From: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27063.msg187681#msg187681

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 05:22:29 pm »

I moved this to: "The parameter is incorrect." warning message .

If you have got the message too, please post there.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 05:36:29 pm »

thanks   transfer to handheld device works fine now. files get encoded to the the correct bitrate format.

simply great

1.) Encoding to Handheld Device not correct

when sending an music file to a handheld device the mp3s do not get encoded to the right bitrate if 128-cbr is selected. the output is VBR higher than 128.

but when encoding this files from a hdd to other dir it works fine.

I do this because i dont want (need) 256/kb mp3s using up so much free space on my mp3player. thats why i let the file convert into 128kb. but the problem is that it doesnt work, its in VBR, and still takes up too much space. its not about me making any sense, more important, its about the fact that it doe not work yet. 

it doesnt make any difference if i try with wave ape or ogg files, the result file on the destination device is not correct. it not like how mc11 was konfigured to output it.

2.) I cannot burn any more

problems when burning an audioCD from a cue file. media center crashes/hangs.
this is since the last betas of MC, i can only burn a cd if i trn
burn a cd if i turn off direct ecode, otherwise mc crashed directly when i click on burn.

3.) Feature Request :

A nice feature would be if it were possible to copy titles (and directoryies) from a remote library directly to my computer.

That would be a real cool feature, everything else works fine in the remote library server feature. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 11.0.241 -- C:\Programme\Multimedia Programme\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1550 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.74 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 05:42:16 pm »

Alex B,
Can you start a new thread on your problem?  It's probably ours, but it may take some time to narrow down.

Is it a custom install you do?

Network drive involved?

Anything else not the default or common way of doing things?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 07:05:57 pm »

It's definitely a work in progress.  Error notes would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 07:37:34 pm »

If user comments are welcomed we could discuss about the Help file e.g. here: MC11 Instructions (temporary) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26630.0

I think it would be better to discuss about single Help topic at a time. It would be easier for the users to check the current topic and comment that if needed.

One possibility could be to make a new forum called "MC Help file development". Each help section could have a separate thread there. Actually, I like this idea. It would also bring something new and inspiring to Interact Forum.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 07:57:30 pm »

Alex,
Be careful what you wish for:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=12.0

You're a moderator (I hope).  Let me know if you're not.

Great idea.  Thanks!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 09:08:12 pm »

* Minor Bug *

In Theater View with "allow navigation with left and right arrows" enabled.

When navigating back to a previous location using the left arrow, you sometimes have to hit it twice to invoke a transition. The right arrow is fine.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 04:42:06 am »

As I just discovered, one of the recent MC builds erased several file associations from my system. I think it must have been either build 241 or 236 which were the last two that I had installed. When installing a new MC build I don't have any file association selected because I have other applications registered for the default operations. Today, shortly after installing 241, I found out that the associations for several media files (MP3, JPG, BMP, etc.) had been deleted from the registry.

I'm sure that this has been caused by the MC install because it also happened on my server where the mentioned MC builds are the only software that I've installed recently.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 06:22:07 am »

Addition: invoking the options dialog and closing it with OK also erases all associations of file types that MC can be registered for when MC is NOT associated with them. This happens with build 241 so I assume that the install problem I described before was also caused by this build.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 09:24:21 am »

RIPPING ERROR: In my secure rip log i get the message "Unkown Status 110 Contact JRiver". On some tracks the status number is 97 or 114 opr 111 or 76.  Each track shows an error message.

However, the tracks are as far as i can judge perfectly alright.

NB: I rip and convert into APE (no simultanious convert)

Could you have a look at these weird messages. Thanks  :D

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 02:03:16 pm »

MINOR BUG:

I changed media Type from "Music" to "Images" to watch some pictures / transfer form my digicam.

After I switched back to "Music", the location tree on the left hand side still shows as description "Images" even though I am now definitly in the music section with albums, album thumbnails etc all displayed correctly.

B

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 05:37:37 pm »

No, I did not use BACK. Strangely enough, what I just discovered: It might be my translation file than converts Audio into Images.... I'll doublecheck in the morning

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 06:17:19 pm »

As I just discovered, one of the recent MC builds erased several file associations from my system. I think it must have been either build 241 or 236 which were the last two that I had installed. When installing a new MC build I don't have any file association selected because I have other applications registered for the default operations. Today, shortly after installing 241, I found out that the associations for several media files (MP3, JPG, BMP, etc.) had been deleted from the registry.

I'm sure that this has been caused by the MC install because it also happened on my server where the mentioned MC builds are the only software that I've installed recently.

Same here!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 05:31:46 am »

No, I did not use BACK. Strangely enough, what I just discovered: It might be my translation file than converts Audio into Images.... I'll doublecheck in the morning

Just doublechecked the above. I dont think it is the language file. Must be little bug in MC11

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2005, 06:56:39 am »

When burning CD's, the option "Prefix List order to Filenames" doesn't work properly when there are already files in the queue and then selecting that option.
It always put "1" in front of the filename in stead of "01", "02", "03" etc.

In the Burning options menu "Clear List" does not work
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 09:40:48 am »

Bug:

If I call up a webpage (eg NEWS or MAIL) out of the Theaterview menu customizable buttons, I can not get the coursor focus to stay on any input field, eg to enter username or password. MC11 seems to take "ownership" of the cursor immediatly after I put the cursor focus on the respective input fields, making it impossilbe to enter any information.

Thanks for having a look at this undue behaviour   ;)

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 12:28:47 pm »

Sometimes, very sporadically, MC11 will take a very long time to start up, about 5 minutes or so. Lots of disk thrashing when it does so.

Most of the time startup is almost instant.

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 11:56:38 pm »

3. NEW: Added new "DVD Menu" as a configurable remote button. (also available as MCC command MCC_DVD_MENU (10033))
Thank you!
My Menu button on remote is now happy!  :D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 07:00:33 am »

sub-24,
Your post and the replies are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27122.0

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 12:39:10 pm »

I have two panes opened. When dragging songs from one playlist to another the receiving playlist always loses its focus and jumps back to the top of the playlist.
Thank you,

John

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 01:40:31 pm »

This was reported earlier for 11.0.232 by Lisa:

----

"Customize Current View" -->>  "Save This View - For This and Sub-Locations"
still does not do so . . . .  children are left unchanged   Huh

However "Save for ALL Locations" does work as it should."

----

The problem is still there. I haven't  tried the "ALL locations" alternative since I don't  know whether "ALL" refers to all playlists or all views in MC or something else.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 01:47:30 pm »

I have two panes opened. When dragging songs from one playlist to another the receiving playlist always loses its focus and jumps back to the top of the playlist.

I have reported several times that the drag and drop functionality is only just workable. You will get the hang of it with some practice.
I think (hope) that the MC-team is now focussing on the hardcore bugs, but that the drap/drop functionality will get an definite facelift later on (including a full search capability per pane).
To my opinion MC11 deserves it!!

Maybe one of the moderators could confirm my wishful thinking?

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up