INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 quick questions...  (Read 1613 times)

samplehead

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
3 quick questions...
« on: April 19, 2005, 06:32:46 am »

1. Is there any way to LIMIT what parts of the tags gets updated when using the Library Tools YADB lookup? (e.g. I just want to update the YEAR on some files)

2. View Schemes are great, but how do I access them when browsing playlists/smartlists ?

3. The star rating is syncing fine but the last played timestamp does not appear to be syncing back from my iPod to MC. Is there a minimum amount of time I must listen to a track before it counts as having been played? If so can I change that?

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 3 quick questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:10:30 am »

2. View Schemes are great, but how do I access them when browsing playlists/smartlists ?

You can either use the Tree View (the one on the left hand side) or check this thread for another way to navigate through your view schemes.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:25:57 am »

1. Is there any way to LIMIT what parts of the tags gets updated when using the Library Tools YADB lookup? (e.g. I just want to update the YEAR on some files)

No It would be nice

I do have a plug-in that will do this for music that has hit the charts

3. The star rating is syncing fine but the last played timestamp does not appear to be syncing back from my iPod to MC. Is there a minimum amount of time I must listen to a track before it counts as having been played? If so can I change that?

Yes\No
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

samplehead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 05:14:21 pm »

You can either use the Tree View (the one on the left hand side) or check this thread for another way to navigate through your view schemes.

I do use the tree view to navigate between playlists/smartlists, but once I pick a one I would like the right hand side of the screen consist of 4 panes (3 along the top: genre, artist, album) and 1 along the bottom (the songs). I can't seem to do this to play/smart lists?

samplehead

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 05:16:11 pm »

So what's the minimum time a track must play for it to be marked as played?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 06:30:43 pm »

So what's the minimum time a track must play for it to be marked as played?

I forget, I was thinking 50% but i maybe wrong
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 08:24:34 am »

I do use the tree view to navigate between playlists/smartlists, but once I pick a one I would like the right hand side of the screen consist of 4 panes (3 along the top: genre, artist, album) and 1 along the bottom (the songs). I can't seem to do this to play/smart lists?

No, you can't.  What you can do though is make your Smartlists into View Schemes instead, then you can use the panes or populate the tree.  This is simple.  In the Edit View Scheme dialog, there's a search bar at the bottom.  This works exactly like the search bar in the Smartlists, and saves the search as part of the View Scheme.  If you right click on the search bar in your Smartlist and then select Edit (Typing) you can select the entire search and copy/paste it into your new View Scheme.

I like to use the Populate Tree option (and the newer Playlist header annoyed me) so I converted all my smartlists to View Schemes months ago.  Playlists aren't quite as easy to convert, but one method is to create a View Scheme that looks for a specific Keyword tag (using that search bar) and then assign that keyword to all of the items in your Playlist.  Then, to add new files to the playlist, you actually just assign the keyword and it will show up there.  I have a "Totally 80's" View Scheme that was created this way (you can imagine what that contains) and it works splendidly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up