INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.248 Release Candidate  (Read 4712 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.248 Release Candidate
« on: April 25, 2005, 03:00:16 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110248.exe

11.0.248 (4/25/05)

1. Changed: Improved clarity of error message when Media Scheduler fails to recording TV due to TV device being used by another program.
2. Changed: Media Scheduler's TV view window is resizable now.
3. Changed: Revised Quicktime playback's 64 character filename length limit to not include the path. (QuickTime limitation)
4. Changed: Removed "Plus Features..." help menu item.
5. Fixed: Launching MC while another instance was running would not always properly show the first instance.
6. Changed: Keyboard list navigation (up, down, left, right) could be overly slow on some systems.
7. Fixed: "Options > List > Show track info tooltips" would not always take effect immediately after a change.
8. Fixed: Several search box tweaks where editing around "friendly tokens" would not work as expected.
9. Fixed: Split view playlist headers could update their art to reflect selections made in other views.
10. Fixed: Media Center would not properly register its TLB file for the automation SDK.
11. Changed: When tagging finishes, MC will prompt for empty directory removal right away instead of only after the selection changed.
12. Fixed: Removed spurious EXE Path GetInfo calls in Encoder Plugins.
13. New: Added logging in Encoder Plugins
14. Fixed: Media Editor update to new plugin API.

11.0.247 (4/22/05)

1. Fixed: When starting 3D visualizations, sometimes the last active visualization would be loaded instead of the visualization that was selected.
2. Fixed: Multiple media libraries could fight over the same thumbnail directory. (need to load each library with write permissions and delete thumbnails to repair)
3. Fixed: Options dialog would not size properly on systems with larger than normal DPI settings.
4. Fixed: Analyze Audio was not working.
5. Fixed: iPod last played count updating was not correct.
6. Fixed: Right click portable action window option to clear list now works.
7. Fixed: Portable action window was not updating the available space correctly when queued tracks were removed.
8. Fixed: When using the search control menu with the mouse in a down-move-up manner instead of a click-move-click manner, some problems could arise.
9. Fixed: Theater View could require two "Back" commands in some cases to get out of a level.

11.0.246 (4/21/05)

1. Changed: Media Center will use the proper language-specific "My Music", "My Videos", etc. folders instead of always defaulting to English.
2. Fixed: List-type expressions would not work properly when only one value was in the list.
3. Changed: Expressions default to non list style.
4. Changed: Enter keyboard shortcut to return from Full Screen View works again.
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler leaked resources when doing TV recording.
6. Fixed: Longfilename support for iPod.
7. Fixed: WMDM device sub root tree item file tag reporting.
8. Fixed: Incorrect last played data for iPod and subsequent error synching Play Count.
9. Changed: simple transcoding skip support added to UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Handhelds.
10. Changed: 'Sync All' for portables will only send audio content.
11. Changed: Warning for attempt to playback files that exceed quicktime's 64 character filename limit.
12.  New: Media Scheduler displays recording status text during TV recording.
13. Fixed: Some systems could display an error message when accessing file associations.
14. Changed: Media Center will no longer attempt to play files with filenames over 64 characters with the QuickTime engine. (since QuickTime doesn't support this)

11.0.245 (4/20/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell player support which was broken in yesterday's build, readded. This included media type compatibility
2. Fixed: Ipod long filename with duplicate paths of first 50 characters overwriting fixed.
3. Fixed: Audible bookmarks would not load properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: 244 introduced a bug that would delete rated iPod files during auto sync. This is resolved.
5. Fixed: Portable Action Window available space refresh after sync.
6. Changed: Removed/corrected some outdated/incorrect entries in "Command Shortcuts" in Media Scheduler.
7. Fixed: Audio CD's would burn with cross fading in some cases even if the option was not selected.
8. Fixed: "Close disk" option was showing up on both audio and data CD burning options pages (should just be data).
9. NEW: Database expressions handled list type fields.
10. Changed: Database expressions used in view schemes will default to list-style. (override by adding &DataType=[...] to the expression)

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

UnknownID

Re: Media Center 11.0.248 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 06:01:24 pm »

Encoder Issue:
On the Encoding options > "File Conversion" I originally had the settings to use Lossless. I changed this option under the Advanced area from Lossless to Variable Extreme. Now I cannot reopen the Advanced area; Windows shows an error report and MC quits.

Windows Media Encoder Plugin: v2.0.40
Windows Media Player: 10.00.00.3802

UnknownID

Edit: I just found this in my Application Event Viewer, maybe it could help:

Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.0.248.0, faulting module enc_wma.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000088a2.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:12:26 pm »

Old bug with the visualisations window is back:

shift click on the full screen display window and it minimizes instead of going to window view.  It can only be restored back to full screen view (not windowed view). Infact windowed view doesnt work at all.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 06:42:10 pm »

Using the audible service, I cant download the book I purchased. Click on download and nothing happens.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 07:10:19 pm »

Old bug with the visualisations window is back:

shift click on the full screen display window and it minimizes instead of going to window view.  It can only be restored back to full screen view (not windowed view). Infact windowed view doesnt work at all.
I don't think there' s a problem here.  Try ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc to cycle the views.  It works here.  Please start a new thread to discuss.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 07:25:42 pm »

9. Fixed: Split view playlist headers could update their art to reflect selections made in other views.

I'm still getting this, albeit for Smartlists and it's a little different.

Repro:

Start MC (defaults to single view, Album/Artist)
Set Split View 2 views
Set focus to bottom view by clicking in the first pane (Genre)
Find a custom smartlist and select it, bottom view updates as you would expect
Click on any of the top panes of the top view and the image in the Smartlist Header changes, apparently to another image in that smartlist

I also noticed that if I then click back to the song list pane on the bottom, then click back again to a top pane, the image remains as per the bottom view selection, but it appears to "repaint".

I just realized, I had reported this before as "Playlist", but it's happening on Smartlists too.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 07:42:25 pm »

This error has been around for several builds now.

With UpNP Plugin active:
1. Choose options
2. Select Always convert
3. Select WMA encoder
4. Click advanced
5. Crash!

I have XP SP 2 with all the latest updates.

UnknownID

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 07:46:33 pm »

3. Select WMA encoder
4. Click advanced
5. Crash!

On the Encoding options > "File Conversion" I originally had the settings to use Lossless. I changed this option under the Advanced area from Lossless to Variable Extreme. Now I cannot reopen the Advanced area; Windows shows an error report and MC quits.

These two might be related (I don't use UPnP, so I cannot test)

UnknownID

Hildy

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:26:17 am »

I understand that you are too far along to make vast additions, but if it is an easy add I would really appreciate if the convert file utility could use the directory rules set for ripping and recording.  This way I can change it from just artist/album.  I've just ripped my entire library to lossless and I want to batch convert into a separate main directory for my iPod.

Thanks for your consideration, great software.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 01:48:23 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, and I don't think it is new to recent builds, but here it is...

In a smart list, if I use the ~% limit multiple times it seems to not group them as I would expect. For example, if I have:

~%=50,[Artist] [Artist]=Alphaville

then it only shows 50% of the tracks by Alphaville, so far, so good. If I then add to it like this:

( (~%=50,[Artist] [Artist]=Alphaville ) or (~%=50,[Artist] [Artist]="A-ha") )

I would expect it to show me 50% of the tracks by Alphavill along with 50% of the tracks by A-ha. Instead, it appears to show 25% of each (that is, 50% of 50% of each).

So, it seems that the % limiter is not contained in the parenthesis.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 03:29:14 am »

This Bug exists still

thank you so much, that the search now uses language.txt 
if you add the my music (and so on...) folders to the "search" they are in englisch.
it would also be cool if it searches the folder my videos, since many programms save ffiles there.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 03:29:54 am »

Burning bug still exists

I have a normal audio CD from 19 titles burned with 16x, From title 17 jumps on the CD

Nero Burning Rome and Windows Mediaplayer burn these files perfectly.
Please fix this !
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 03:32:43 am »

Cue import with these builds was the cue import of still ok, 184, 188, 196

Library now has 7 files. Search and update took 0:00.

Imported 0 new files.
Fixed 4 broken links. (4 fixed, 0 removed)
Updated 4 files that had external changes.
(No new files are present correctly there also none are found)

Starting from this Builds each cue TRACK is again and again imported, 198, 199, 200, 233, 245, 246, 247 I test further!

Library now has 15 files. Search and update took 0:01.

Imported 4 new files.
Updated 8 files that had external changes.

(Wrongly available files are again and again again imported)

This problem is still present, I thought it would be repaired at the latest with the RC version! Please fix it !

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 06:57:59 am »

bytestar,
Your English is much better than the automatic translator's.  ;)

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 07:23:51 am »

6. Changed: Keyboard list navigation (up, down, left, right) could be overly slow on some systems.

Thanks, moving up/down within the same screenful of files works much better now!  Anything that requires actual scrolling is still much slower than it ought to be, as is tabbing from field to field after pressing F2 to edit one field, but I guess I can live with that.

bombtrack

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 07:28:14 am »

good going guys. since this build the 3D-visualisations work fine on my xp-64bit.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 07:40:31 am »

Oh, and scrolling with the scroll wheel still repaints the entire screen.  This, together with the fact that MC "forgets" about intermediate scroll events (most likely because you don't want MC to continue scrolling after you stop moving the scroll wheel), makes it almost impossible to use the scroll wheel in any reasonable manner. 

You basically have to move the scroll wheel at exactly the right speed -- if you move it just a tiny bit faster than MC can keep up with, every second event is dropped (because the previous scroll event isn't yet completed, I guess) and then you're suddenly scrolling at half the maximum speed (which isn't exactly fast to begin with).

Anyway, great work when it comes to keyboard navigation up/down; still a little bit of polishing required before the entire UI feels OK, though.

godavego

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 07:53:09 am »

UnknownID

Yes, I think these are related.  I tried this on a second machine that hadn't been setup yet, and I was able to get to the advanced area.  However, once I chose VBR for WMA, it now crashes every time.

I will try and uninstall and start over.  Of course, this time I will not choose VBR.  It turns out I can't use VBR anyway because my Roku doesn't support it.

Quixote

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 09:49:13 am »

mispost

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 09:54:07 am »

Toolbar's Mini View icon has incorrect tooltip text (says "Mini View (Escape)", (Escape) is not the correct keyboard shortcut).

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 10:54:28 am »

After the screen lock kicks in, or I switch users and switch back, the status bar at the bottom of MC11 disappears.  I think the window may be resized to the entire screen rather than to the screen minus the Windows task bar, so that the task bar covers the MC status bar.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 01:56:08 pm »

UnknownID

NEVERMIND - ignore what I wrote below. I found it, it'll be fixed in the next build.

j

Hi Y'all,

I think this is a problem with the encoder getting confused by old options. There should be no extreme in WMA.

To test this, remove the registry entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 11\Plugins\Encoders\Windows Media

(or whichever encoder is crashing).

Let me know...

j

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 02:01:20 pm »

Yup, it does that, asks . . . but still leaves empty folders anyway   ?

There may be hidden files.  Please dig deeper.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 02:23:24 pm »

I'm still getting this, albeit for Smartlists and it's a little different.

Repro:

Start MC (defaults to single view, Album/Artist)
Set Split View 2 views
Set focus to bottom view by clicking in the first pane (Genre)
Find a custom smartlist and select it, bottom view updates as you would expect
Click on any of the top panes of the top view and the image in the Smartlist Header changes, apparently to another image in that smartlist

I also noticed that if I then click back to the song list pane on the bottom, then click back again to a top pane, the image remains as per the bottom view selection, but it appears to "repaint".

I just realized, I had reported this before as "Playlist", but it's happening on Smartlists too.

It's possible non view-specific events will cause a refresh of other views.  This is necessary so that views can stay in step with changes that are happening other places in the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up