INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.249 Release Candidate  (Read 3970 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.249 Release Candidate
« on: April 26, 2005, 03:55:18 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
[ build pulled by JimH because import is broken -- please see posts below ]

11.0.249 (4/26/05)

1. Fixed: Alt+1...9 keyboard shortcuts would be translated inside of edit controls, making it difficult to enter international characters.
2. Changed: Drop location line shown when dragging and dropping inside a list was not clearly visible with some skins.
3. Optimized: Several list drawing optimizations that make lists draw, scroll, etc. around 20% faster.
4. Fixed: Action Bin > Burn > Clear Queue command was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Mini View toolbar button would incorrectly show "Escape" as the shortcut.
6. Changed: Included updated Aruba skin.
7. Changed: Aruba the default skin on a fresh install.
8. Changed: Revised splash screen coloring and version label. (no longer beta)
8. Fixed: Download Manager would crash after downloading.
10. Fixed: TV recording initiated by Media Scheduler was not imported.
11. Fixed: Download Manager Property pages would crash.
12. Changed: Revised library browser and plugin tree icons.
13. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on internet streams.
14. Fixed: WMA Encoder Plugin would crash with incorrect settings.
15. Fixed: Sync data to Portables was not updating the MC database correctly.
16. Fixed: Some fields were not returned correctly for WMDM portables.
17. Changed: Added additional logging for portable disconnects and connects.

11.0.248 (4/25/05)

1. Changed: Improved clarity of error message when Media Scheduler fails to recording TV due to TV device being used by another program.
2. Changed: Media Scheduler's TV view window is resizable now.
3. Changed: Revised Quicktime playback's 64 character filename length limit to not include the path. (QuickTime limitation)
4. Changed: Removed "Plus Features..." help menu item.
5. Fixed: Launching MC while another instance was running would not always properly show the first instance.
6. Changed: Keyboard list navigation (up, down, left, right) could be overly slow on some systems.
7. Fixed: "Options > List > Show track info tooltips" would not always take effect immediately after a change.
8. Fixed: Several search box tweaks where editing around "friendly tokens" would not work as expected.
9. Fixed: Split view playlist headers could update their art to reflect selections made in other views.
10. Fixed: Media Center would not properly register its TLB file for the automation SDK.
11. Changed: When tagging finishes, MC will prompt for empty directory removal right away instead of only after the selection changed.
12. Fixed: Removed spurious EXE Path GetInfo calls in Encoder Plugins.
13. New: Added logging in Encoder Plugins
14. Fixed: Media Editor update to new plugin API.

11.0.247 (4/22/05)

1. Fixed: When starting 3D visualizations, sometimes the last active visualization would be loaded instead of the visualization that was selected.
2. Fixed: Multiple media libraries could fight over the same thumbnail directory. (need to load each library with write permissions and delete thumbnails to repair)
3. Fixed: Options dialog would not size properly on systems with larger than normal DPI settings.
4. Fixed: Analyze Audio was not working.
5. Fixed: iPod last played count updating was not correct.
6. Fixed: Right click portable action window option to clear list now works.
7. Fixed: Portable action window was not updating the available space correctly when queued tracks were removed.
8. Fixed: When using the search control menu with the mouse in a down-move-up manner instead of a click-move-click manner, some problems could arise.
9. Fixed: Theater View could require two "Back" commands in some cases to get out of a level.

11.0.246 (4/21/05)

1. Changed: Media Center will use the proper language-specific "My Music", "My Videos", etc. folders instead of always defaulting to English.
2. Fixed: List-type expressions would not work properly when only one value was in the list.
3. Changed: Expressions default to non list style.
4. Changed: Enter keyboard shortcut to return from Full Screen View works again.
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler leaked resources when doing TV recording.
6. Fixed: Longfilename support for iPod.
7. Fixed: WMDM device sub root tree item file tag reporting.
8. Fixed: Incorrect last played data for iPod and subsequent error synching Play Count.
9. Changed: simple transcoding skip support added to UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Handhelds.
10. Changed: 'Sync All' for portables will only send audio content.
11. Changed: Warning for attempt to playback files that exceed quicktime's 64 character filename limit.
12.  New: Media Scheduler displays recording status text during TV recording.
13. Fixed: Some systems could display an error message when accessing file associations.
14. Changed: Media Center will no longer attempt to play files with filenames over 64 characters with the QuickTime engine. (since QuickTime doesn't support this)

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.249 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 04:30:23 pm »

Toolbar Mini View icon's tooltip text lost the (Escape) verbiage, but did not gain the (Ctrl+2) verbiage that it should probably have.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 05:19:01 pm »

the playlist has disappeared from mini view - i can still select the items on the playlist but the text doesn't display

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 05:24:33 pm »

Is there an issue with Library Import?  I just copied some APE files to my library that I had ripped/encoded on another computer (using MC 11.0.246).  When I selected Library -> Import, MC didn't find them.  I was able to successfully import them using the context menu in Explorer though and they had all the proper tags and play fine.

UnknownID

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 05:25:48 pm »

Seems to be a small glitch on the Download Manager.

Download Manager: Settings > Options. When I cycle through the three tree nodes the Dialogue box is smaller for "File Associations" and "Authentication". Also, switching between these causes the options box to center on the screen (annoying). The icon at the top left in the Options is the generic window icon; probably should be the globe with the yellow arrow.

Despite all this I can confirm that the Download Manager doesn't crash after it finishes ;D ;D ;D

Additionally, I can get into the "Advanced" area for Windows Media Encoder again (Thank you!)

UnknownID

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 05:44:04 pm »

THEATER VIEW
I have added the "Toggle Zone"  command to my remote control through Tools, Options, Remote Control.

When in Playing Now view (in theater view) and you press the "Toggle Zone" button on the remote the information at the bottom updates for cover art, but the track listing doesn't update,  You have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  Both should update together.

The same issues also applies to the "Set Zone" remote control command, this also does not update the track listing.

Cheers
Richard

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:55:03 pm »

I'm having issues with the import also. I ripped the new Ben Folds cd and went to Tools/Import and it didn't find them. I was able to right click and import them via explorer.

D.

UnknownID

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 06:39:59 pm »

Is there an issue with Library Import?  I just copied some APE files to my library that I had ripped/encoded on another computer (using MC 11.0.246).  When I selected Library -> Import, MC didn't find them.

I am getting this as well. The files are WMA files. I have "all types selected" for import.

UnknownID

UnknownID

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 06:51:13 pm »

3. Optimized: Several list drawing optimizations that make lists draw, scroll, etc. around 20% faster.

I hate to say this, but I am noticing the complete opposite. Actually, it is more like I don't notice any drawing (so maybe that is faster), but there is definitely a slowdown to populate the lists.

UnknownID

Robodoc

• Recent member
  • Did I really say that?!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 06:53:08 pm »

Whenever I use the Library Browser...Artists...scroll or select a letter to get to a desired artist...choose albums...then click on play, MC crashes with a MS dialog box saying something like the following...
AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.0.249.0    ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622    Offset: 0000bd50

Starts playing the selected music while waiting for response to the crash dialog box and then stops immediately.  Doesn't crash if I browse by album.   Doesn't seem to correlate to any particular artist or other actions.

Media Center Registered 11.0.249 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2402 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SONY    DVD RW DRU-510A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-106   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:34 pm »

Whenever I use the Library Browser...Artists...scroll or select a letter to get to a desired artist...choose albums...then click on play, MC crashes
Can you start a new thread on this?  I can't reproduce it.

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 07:45:59 pm »

Please double check the file types you're importing (under advanced).

I have all the file types selected when I'm running the import. I double checked that the files were in the correct folder and had the mp3 extension. Still no luck while Tools/Import. I can open up the M3U file to get them in the Playing Now. I select them and right click to import.

D.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 08:07:00 pm »

I'm having a problem with transfering files to a handheld (a Pocket PC in this case). I suspect the issue is that I'm trying to transfer files from a Library Server and I'm guessing this isn't supported. The thing is that is seems to be supported until I do the actual transfer. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Select file(s) from Media Library (this is a library on a different machine that I'm accessing via Library Server)
2. Right click and select Send To -> SD Card (this is the SD card in my Pocket PC)
3. The normal transfer mini-window area blinks in the lower left of MC and I click on the Transfer button
4. The normal "Confirm Start Handheld Transfer." window appears and I click Yes
5. A "Confirm Action" window appears that says "The following files cannot be transferred. Remove them and continue the transfer?". Clicking Yes or No results in the transfer not happening.

When I tried this for a WMV file the last window says the file is not supported. When I tried it for a WMA file it said the file is missing.

I can understand if this is not supported via Library Server (although it'd be nice if it was), but I think it should not allow the Send To options at all in that case instead of appearing to work until the last step.

Edit: This also goes for the Right Click -> Library Tools -> Move/Copy Disk File option. It seems to work until the actual move/copy phase at which point nothing happens.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 09:54:02 pm »

Toolbar Mini View icon's tooltip text lost the (Escape) verbiage, but did not gain the (Ctrl+2) verbiage that it should probably have.

You will need to reset the toolbar to see that verbage.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 11:00:35 pm »

I'm having issues converting some files - I noticed this with both builds 248 and 249.

Library entirely APE format (High or Extra High).

Trying to convert some selections faile: Converting to WAV returns a "Failed Conversion" with no other details.  Converting to MP3 results in absolutely nothing - MC just sits at the conversion window with no activity.

The target file never even gets created, but the target folder does.

Most files convert OK but some do not.  All files play OK.

The entire "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" has this problem (Full album title is 'Original Motion Picture Soundtrack:  Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon').  One filename is 'M:\Music\Lossless\EAC\Assorted\Original Motion Picture Soundtrack_  Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon\01 - Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Shanghai National Orchestra, Shanghai Percussion Ensemble - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.ape'

Another case just one track on an album fails - full pathname is 'M:\Music\Lossless\EAC\Assorted\Music From The Motion Picture_  The Replacements\08 - John Debney (i, ii, iv, v) & Font 48 (iii) - Strikebreakers (i. The Bus Arrives _ ii. Armed Guards _ iii. Let's Play Football _ iv. Field Tactics _ v. Bateman Rocks).ape'.  Song Title is 'Strikebreakers (i. The Bus Arrives / ii. Armed Guards / iii. Let's Play Football / iv. Field Tactics / v. Bateman Rocks)'

I'm trying to batch-convert a large portion of one of my libraries to MP3 for transfer to my iPod - 13K songs will take too long on-the-fly so I'm trying to do do the conversion ahead of time for batch transfer later.  I've got a long trip coming up in about a week but the conversion keeps getting hung on these tracks while I'm not around :(

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210S   Addr: 2:6:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 11:06:13 pm »

Year field is missing on upload to ipod.  they are present in library but after sync they are not all listed on ipod.  it seems that sounds that are file type mp3 are ok but ones that are MPEG audio are not.  All my files are encoded roughly the same.  mp3's from the same rip sessions are missing the year also.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 01:34:07 am »

2. Changed: Drop location line shown when dragging and dropping inside a list was not clearly visible with some skins.

Still this line only pops up a split second after I drop the song. It that way it is not helping me to aim for the right spot.

There is a line visible during drag, but that follows the mouse pointer and does not 'snap to places between songs.'

The line following the mousepointer is much smaller than the drop location line, which goes from left to right in the particular pane.

If I drop a song between 2 songs, using the 'mouse pointer line', the song will be inserted above the song songs. If I want to insert a song i need to drop it an the song that will be next after the drop. (I hope this clearly explained).

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 02:27:29 am »

Import is definately broken. Did a fresh install tonight. Import found '0' files in my music folder. Rolled back to 248, and everything imported just fine...

Regards,

Ben

jonnyjenks

• Recent member
  • Audere est facere
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 03:23:21 am »

I'm having trouble playing anything from my iPod through the latest version...
if I open "iPod" from the tree and select a song from one of the lists, I get the following dialog:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
Re: Media Center 11.0.249 Release Candidate Import issue
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 03:32:07 am »

This version will not import anything. i have tried checking all the boxes in advanced etc and checking my file associations..

I have tried everything  from deleting my default library dbases to a clean reinstall.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 05:09:27 am »

Import is broken.

Right-click on a file in the My Computer tree and then importing works OK.

[Come on guys, this is a release candidate... don't break something big]

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 06:50:54 am »

Hi,
In the latest version of MC11 (249) I can no longer import mp4 audio files! (Tools/import Media/search...)
All the boxes are checked for QT extensions. I can only import my mp4 audio files when I open the IE, right click on the folder containg these files/Media Center/Import.
That was not the case with the previous version 248.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
geoptin

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2685 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627

(xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-708A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
geoptin

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 07:16:32 am »

while i think it's been pretty well hammered home by this point, i am having the same import problems reported here already. it makes me wonder if you guys do any regression testing before releasing these builds. something of this magnitude should have been caught before this release was made public.

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 07:25:59 am »

Still getting UPnP timeouts.  With any long list (artist, album, song, whatever...), my Roku will show a "Failed to Browse" message.  The number in the list does not have to very big either.  If have a couple of playlists with around 200 songs in them, and they do not load.

Finally, after two or three attempts at browsing, MC11 will crash.  When I check out my server, there are no messages displayed, and MC11 is no longer running.

MC11 11.0.249
Win XP SP2 with latest updates

GrumpyNick

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 07:42:31 am »

I'm having UPnP problems with my Netgear MP101. It appears that Unicode characters in artist names are the problem. If I search for artists beginning with B the MP101 just hangs. I think it's getting stuck on Björk. Similarly I get problems with searches around H and I, possibly because of Hüsker Dü. This has been an issue for a while, not just with the latest build.
Cats like plain crisps

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 07:49:30 am »

GrumpyNick, I also have been seeing these issues since the first builds of the UPnP server.  However, for me, the issue seems to be purely about the number of items in the list.  I question the term "bad character" used in several previous descriptions.  I've used two other UPnP servers with the same set of the files, and neither had an issue.  That, combined with playing around with list length (somewhere > 200 or so items), makes me think there is something broken in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up