INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: error: "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range"  (Read 1207 times)

Lala412

error: "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range"
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:25:20 am »

Okay - I got the message in the subject line when I tried to rip the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack so I could put in on my Zen Micro.  What does that *mean*??  Then it popped up with "Read track failed.  Drive is not opened"  and it now won't play the CD at all.

Is this a Sith thing, or what?  Sith, Lucas copyright lawyers, same thing...  :)

But the problem actually didn't start there.  I put it in to play last night and went to bed - it stopped partway through the CD, but I was too tired to get up and check it.  When I got up this morning, the screen wasn't even on "playing now" - it had jumped to another playlist completely.  I looked at playing now and it had stopped on the 5th track.  I tried to play the 6th track again and it flipped out and went to the playlist the screen had been on when I got up (and nothing would play).  I restarted the computer, and the CD would play, so I tried to rip it again, but ended up with these error codes. 

Does anyone have ANY clue?  Is there some weird encoding on the CD that is doing this?  I know all the info popped up without my having to be online and log into YADB to get it, but is Lucas trying to fry my computer if I rip the CD??

Lala412

Re: error: "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 03:48:57 pm »

Never mind.  The CD skipped in a regular player also (after the first 5 tracks), so I took it back to Best Buy.  The new CD is fine and the computer has no problems.  So it was a Sith thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up