INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV setup for Greece  (Read 3194 times)

geoptin

• World Citizen
TV setup for Greece
« on: May 19, 2005, 02:17:50 pm »

Hello!
I'd like to report something about ALL MC 11 versions (MC10, too):
Since I live in Greece, when I set up the TV I select country Greece (PAL_G). It doesn't work. It doesn't search for channels and the program just runs indefinitely searching for channels it doesn't find. I can only stop and exit MC by using the task manager.
Because Greece and Germany have the same PAL system, I experimented and entered Germany as my country. Everything worked just fine. All channels were found and saved.
I suggest either JR removes Greece from the selection of countries and/or introduce a note explaining that "Germany" works also for "Greece".
Thanks
geoptin

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV setup for Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:47:58 pm »

Are you sure the format for Germany is PAL_G and not PAL_B? I have PAL_B for Germany. Amazing it actually worked.

As for Greece, you should see two entries, "Greece (PAL_G)" and "Greece (SECAM_B)".
Sometime ago someone mentioned to me that Greece was changing from SECAM to PAL. That is why I put two entries there.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:09:33 am »

Hi Yaobing

The French tv system SECAM has been replaced by PAL quite a few years back. Now, I don't know the difference between B and G, but all our TV sets and Video recorder here  display PAL B/G. So I suppose there's no much difference there. I posted my message because maybe other people living in Greece and using MC11 may have the same problem as me.
JR could copy all the parameters of country selection "Germany" and place them in country selection "Greece". That's the easiest way to solve this problem.

What do you think?
Thanks
geoptin
geoptin

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 08:33:02 am »

Did you select "Greece (PAL_G)" or "Greece (SECAM_B)" when you had problem tuning? Maybe "Greece (PAL_G)" appeared further down the list so you did not see it.

If "Greece (PAL_G)" works for you, then there is no need to use Germany as an alternative. If "Greece (PAL_G)" does not work, I will need to fix it.

Please try finding "Greece (PAL_G)" and let me know whether it works for you. Thank you.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 04:10:35 pm »

Hi Yaobing!

Well, I sat down, reset my tv options and started from scratch. I first selected Greece, SECAM_B and tried to scan for channels. Nothing happened. Then I chose Greece PAL_G and started over. No channels. Finally, I selected Germany PAL_B, Scanned for channels and presto there they were all of them in excellent color and sound. I know the trick now and can set my tv options. I think, however, JR should fix this little error.
Thanks for communicating. I'll be here in case you'd like to ask something else.
Ciao,
George
geoptin

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 06:04:58 pm »

Hi,

Would you be willing to do some tests for me? If you can do it, I will email you a new build of TV component with changes.

Please send me an email. My address is yaobing at jriver.com

Thanks.
Yaobing

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:27:19 am »

Thanks to George for working with me on this issue. Now we can bring it to a close.

The apparent hanging of the Scan Channels Dialog window was a bug, which is now fixed. The next build of MC will reflect the change. It was not really hanging, but the buttons were not enabled so the user could not dismiss the dialog window.

Some devices seem to be unable to recognize the Greek country code (30). For such devices choosing Germany would work, as George had found out. Now I have created three entries in the Countries list for Greece:

1. "Greece"  - country code 30, format PAL_G.

2. "Greece (SECAM_B)" - country code 30, format SECAM_B. This is the old format. I am leaving it in just in case it is still needed.

3. "Greece (Germany PAL_G)" - this is really Germany's settings in disguise - country code 49 (for Germany), format PAL_G.

Hope this will be a sufficient workaround for Greek users.

Yaobing
Pages: [1]   Go Up