INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.274 Release Candidate  (Read 4584 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.274 Release Candidate
« on: May 20, 2005, 05:01:18 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311 

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING:
Post only bugs you are certain about here.  Post questions or anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11: CD ripping problem"   If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   All feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.  Media Center 11 is available here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110274.exe   (End of required reading)

11.0.274 (5/20/05 4:59pm)

1. Fixed: hh_portable installation problem.

11.0.273 (5/20/05)

1. Changed: Multimedia key handler intelligently disables secondary handler when the primary handler works on the system. (disables chances of repeat)
2. Changed: The above change allows the anti-repeat time to be reduced to a more usable level for quick button taps.
3. Fixed: Portable devices that require custom plugins may not have run the plugin correctly.
4. Fixed: PSP video would not play after transfer. 

11.0.272 (5/19/05)

1. Fixed: Library Server crashing because of File Associations.
2. Fixed: Transfer errors could have occured when transferring to a Portable when the WMA plugin was deleted.
3. Fixed: Library Server, TiVo Server or UPnP Server would occasionally hang on exit.
4. NEW: Reworked how builds are stored and packaged to reduce download by about 2.5 MB (without removing anything).
5. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time.
6. Fixed: Switching modes wouldn't properly update to the correct display. (by design, standard view, theater view, and mini view can have their own display settings)
7. Changed: Renamed launcher / mjextman to MC11.exe.

11.0.271 (5/18/05)

1. Changed: More refinement of multimedia key handler to prevent repeat commands on some systems in certain cases.
2. Fixed: Checking for updates could replace Media Center's file associations with older file associations.
3. Changed: When using internal volume control, it is still adjustable when stopped. (but not adjustable when playing files that aren't running through the MC audio engine)
4. Changed: Added shutdown logging to help find and fix possible shutdown issues.
5. Changed: Interaction between MC and portables and naming of devices.
6. Fixed: Command lines for playback with extra spaces after the command would not work as expected.
7. Fixed: "Automatically import files" would not work properly when files were added with the File > Open... command.
8. Fixed: When viewing some Action Window pages and right-clicking on files that weren't selected, the Action Window update could kill the right-click menu.
9. Changed: Pressing Previous or Next while playback is stopped will still move the play head.

11.0.270 (5/17/05)

1. Changed: Download Manager uses the new folder browsing system.
2. Fixed: Download Manager would not import downloaded file.
3. Fixed: Download Manager kept pre-pending "(Incomplete) " to the file name each time the download did not complete.
4. Fixed: The seek bar for TV time-shifting sometimes would not return to the left after selecting "Go to the Earlest Time".
5. Fixed: Nomad II support via WMDM.
6. Fixed: For new media insertion actions, if user chose "No action" for all media types but enabled "Ask every time" option, MC didn't ask.
7. Changed: Media insertion section of devices options dialog simplified.
8. Fixed: Multimedia keys could fire twice on some systems.
9. Changed: Import confiuration dialog will show a horizontal scrollbar when necessary for long folder names.
10. Fixed: The non-item area at the bottom of a list would not update properly while dragging a column header.
11. Fixed: System dialogs could show extra ampersands in some static text boxes.
12. Fixed: Message boxes where "do not show again" was selected could still briefly blink. (introduced in 269)
13. Changed: Only wizard-type tokens get extra space after them in the search box instead of all tokens.
14. Changed: Disabled menu items only have a faint selection box on keyboard / mouse-over instead of a full color selection box.
15. Optimized: Substantial speed increases to UPnP server.
16. NEW: Added more preview mode options. (start from 30 seconds in, and also 'warp speed' mode)
17. NEW: Added "GetPlayingFile" function to zone SDK automation object. (gets display file instead of internal file)
18. Changed: "Cover Art" display doesn't change art ahead of time anymore.
19. Changed: Preview mode is automatically turned off when pressing stop.
20. Changed: WMA is no longer a streaming encoder.

11.0.269 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time (more) for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: After exiting some modeless dialogs, MC could have an error.
3. Changed: Reworked layout of Action Window sync page.
4. Fixed: Audible file transfer to iPod.
5. Fixed: Some portable devices could have mistakenly opened two Action Windows on connection.

11.0.268 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install on some systems.
3. Changed: MJExtman.exe replaced with "Media Center 11 Launcher.exe" in the system directory.
4. Fixed: Real Audio playback would not work properly with some version of Real installed.
5. Changed: The default width of the sequence column would not have enough space for numbers in the thousands.
6. Fixed: When a Mini View skin failed to load, the error messages could show an incorrect product name.
7. Fixed: With sample rate conversion enabled, playback could stutter in some cases and use more CPU than expected.
8. Fixed: Information messages boxes could popup behind Media Center in some cases.
9. NEW: Added support for .dng and .srf files.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Re: Media Center 11.0.274 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 06:29:06 pm »

A problem with scroll position...

I'm looking at Audio tracks in the Genre/Album Artist/Album view, in which the tracks are listed below based on the selections above. All very standard.

I click on a genre and scroll down to the middle of the resulting list of tracks. The problem arises when I click on a different genre... the resulting list of tracks is shown pre-scrolled down by some (what seems to be random) amount.  I never noticed this in v10, so I assume it's a bug.

Cheers,
Jeff

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 06:37:05 pm »

Looks like the library server is not working at all, it says it cannot play the files..

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 12:00:24 am »

This may be a fluke, but using .274 my multimedia keys (ATI Remote wonder and Logitech keyboard - no iTouch) suddenly stopped working except for the "Stop" key on the RW.  They did work all evening long, through multiple uses, but just now wouldn't respond in any view of MC.  Other buttons continued to work, including the "Stop" key (though none of the other MM buttons).

Closing and re-opening MC has restored the functionality.  Again, might just be a fluke, but I wanted to report it in case others see it happen but blow it off.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 06:10:08 am »

Same issues I discovered in previous build(s) remain in 274:

1. When MC doesn't have the focus, MC volume control is smooth and responsive using the Logitech keyboard's wheel volume control. When MC has focus, the volume jumps in 5% increments (not really audibly noticable though). You can see the difference if you have MC in a windowed state, and you click outside to the desktop and move the volume control on the keyboard - the volume control in MC will be fluid and responsive where when MC has the focus, it isn't.

2. When listening to a song and you decide to click on the progress bar to a previous position, it actually continues on from where it was, instead of going to the position on the progress bar. Don't think it's a problem if clicking on a position further on in the song - seems only to happen if selecting a position prior to the current one.

Thanks,
Kwake

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 06:58:57 pm »

Today I Atempted To Convert Some MP3 Files From 128KBPS to 64KBPS, And Every 30-40 Files Media Center Would Be Non-Responsive.

So I Tested Another 50 Files (Not The Same Ones) And Again Media Center Became Non-Responsive.

It Was Always When A Box Would Pop Up Telling me It Was Saving The Tags.

I Am Guessing It Is After The Convert And It Is Attempting To Save Tags To the New Created MP3..
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 07:58:41 pm »

I've split several posts into two new threads because they require discussion.

If you have a similar topic, please start a new thread so the discussion isn't scattered through this thread.

We're mainly down to "strange" problems and we never get to zero in that category.

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 01:33:05 am »

I'm still having a problem when making edits to certain fields or performing a few automatic functions. Filling properties from filename, filling track numbers fom list order, or renaming files from properties, editing artist or album field, takes 10+ seconds everytime before MC unfreezes from making these changes.  But making edits to name or custom fields requires no time.

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 01:45:00 am »

This may be a fluke, but using .274 my multimedia keys (ATI Remote wonder and Logitech keyboard - no iTouch) suddenly stopped working except for the "Stop" key on the RW.  They did work all evening long, through multiple uses, but just now wouldn't respond in any view of MC.  Other buttons continued to work, including the "Stop" key (though none of the other MM buttons).

Closing and re-opening MC has restored the functionality.  Again, might just be a fluke, but I wanted to report it in case others see it happen but blow it off.

It happened again tonight.  I haven't been able to pin down exactly what sequence of events causes it.  The past two times it has happened I have been watching video in Full Screen View, and occassionally pausing/playing it using the remote buttons.  Suddenly they stop working.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 04:48:10 am »

I've also seen MC apparectly freeze while updating tags. It didn't freeze 100% because my rip continued, but the music stopped playing when it got to the end of the track. I did manage to get a response from clicking on the Cancel button that was displayed in the Update Tags window.

I've also seen a crash. I did a Rename Files From Properties and after it was complete it said I had empty folders. I clicked Yes to deleted them and MC died.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 07:41:07 am »

Today I Atempted To Convert Some MP3 Files From 128KBPS to 64KBPS, And Every 30-40 Files Media Center Would Be Non-Responsive.

So I Tested Another 50 Files (Not The Same Ones) And Again Media Center Became Non-Responsive.

It Was Always When A Box Would Pop Up Telling me It Was Saving The Tags.

I Am Guessing It Is After The Convert And It Is Attempting To Save Tags To the New Created MP3..

I Just Rebooted The System And Tried Again With Another 50, Changed To CBR, And Again MC Was Non-Responsive When It Was Saving Tags.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 08:56:28 am »

King and some others,

I'm wondering if you are accessing your music on a network drive? I ask because I've seen these kinds of delays and apparent nonresponsiveness when changing tags for many versions and my files are on a network drive. However, my housemate uses an external drive hooked directly to her laptop and I watched last night as it blazed through these tasks faster than I'd ever seen them.

Personally, the current version is almost complete inaccessible to me and it seems like it is a problem accessing the network. Just wondering if this was more general than just me.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 09:09:50 am »

I'm wondering if you are accessing your music on a network drive?

Firewire Direct Connection To CPU
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 09:26:08 am »

ah well, so much for that theory.

joeflorida

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 10:21:52 am »

CD Burner crashes.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 12:47:05 pm »

2 bugs in build 274 (and certainly in previous ones) :

1. With the Aruba skin, when minimized, a spliter can be locked (no way to un-minimize).

Steps to follow to reproduce the bug :
   - select a skin different than Aruba (ThunderStorm for example)
   - go to playing now and minimize the playlist (click on one of the small arrows on the horizontal splitter)
   - select the Aruba skin : there is no way to use the playlist anymore. The splitter cannot be moved at all (you have to select another skin, unminimize the playlist and go back to aruba)

2. This one is hard to explain.. under some circumstances, MC gives focus back to explorer (which shouldn't be the case) when you drag and drop files between an explorer window and MC's playing now (using the taskbar).

Steps to follow to reproduce the bug :
   - set MC to the playing now view with a few files playing (List Style : Details)
   - open an explorer window containing some media files
   - drag one of the files from the explorer window to the media center button on the taskbar (without releasing the mouse bouton)
   - wait one second (windows gives the focus to MC so you can drop your file)
   - drop the file just above the playing file. It have to be exactly above the last pixel on the bottom of the line of playing file. If you release the mouse button one pixel below (that is to say above the file after the playing now file) it will work well (as expected) and the focus will go to MC.

If it's unclear, just ask, I will complete my post with a screenshot that will show the exact position for which the the bug is trigerred...
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 02:07:39 pm »

When exporting a playlist, the name of the exported file in v11 always defaults to "Audio.xxx", whereas in v10 it would always default to the name of the playlist.

While I'm on the subject of exporting playlists, here's a great enhancment to throw in if you can...

Since I always export HTML, MPL and ASCII, it would be great to turn those radio buttons into check boxes so I could just check them all at once instead of having to return to the same dialog 3 times. Sure, you would have to drop the file extension from the file name box when more than one check box is selected, but that's a good tradeoff IMHO. If the user wanted things to work the "old" way, then they could continue to use the dialog by checking one check box at a time.

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up