INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP and Pinnacle Show Center  (Read 1047 times)

Jedra

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
UPnP and Pinnacle Show Center
« on: June 10, 2005, 01:53:45 am »

Hi,

The Pinnacle SHow Center 1000g claims that it is UPnP compatible, but I cannot get it to connect.  Has anyone managed to do this with MC11?  If so, any help would be appreciated.

If MC11 does not yet support SC, are there any plans to implement support?

Regards
Jedra

CampbellR66

• Recent member
Re: UPnP and Pinnacle Show Center
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:24:23 am »

I got the Show Center 1000g to work as a UPnP renderer device (Via the ? key on the server selection screen) and to stream files from the j.river media manager.

You need to download the Intel UPnP example tools to get a bit of software called a UPnP control point. This allows you to instruct the media server to start the streaming operation to the show center. It worked more reliably than the Pinnacle stream server.

Its not that polished a solution but it means that you can use media connect to stream DMR content to the show center.

Pinnacle need to build the control point function into their solution to allow the SC device to operate in a UPnP AV environment. Phillips are working on the RS9800i remote control that can act as a UPnP AV control point.

Jedra

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: UPnP and Pinnacle Show Center
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:28:07 am »

Campbell,

Thanks for the info - I'll give it a go!

The Philips remote is not available in the UK until September, so until then I guess I'll have make do!

Regards
Jedra
Pages: [1]   Go Up