INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone's Streamium working with MC?  (Read 3286 times)

Myron

• World Citizen
Anyone's Streamium working with MC?
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:09:23 am »

Question to all the Streamium owners out there:

How's your unit working with the latest UPnP server in MC?

Mine gets "stuck" after navigating the 17th entry in a view scheme and internet radio only works from a few seconds to 41 seconds.

Is it just me or are others finding these same problems?

TIA

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Anyone's Streamium working with MC?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:37:37 am »

Mine gets "stuck" after navigating the 17th entry in a view scheme

Hi Myron,

This helps a lot - I'd seen this before, but never had a consistent way to reproduce it.
Unfortunately, this is a really tough bugger to figure out. I'm working on it...

j

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:37:38 am »

Hi Myron,

Unfortunately, this is a really tough bugger to figure out. I'm working on it...

j

Thanks John, good to hear.

I've posted some more details on this issue here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27936.msg193792#msg193792

Let me know If you'd like me to try any experiments...

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 04:54:23 pm »

Hi Myron,

The pauses you are noticing are normal. The streamium is asking MC for more data, and it takes a moment to get it.

The hang behavior is not normal. Unfortunately, it's not a MC problem, it's a streamium problem. The Twonkyvision server has the same problem - stepping through a long list will hang at around the 18th entry.

I'll post in the streamium forum...

j

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:31:26 pm »

John,

You're absolutely right!  Why did I ever doubt the MC server???

I tried the Philips Media Manager (PMM) again just now and it does pretty much the same thing!

I think this behavior could have come with one of the Streamium firmware updates.  I don't recall seeing this when I first got the Streamium and PMM running.  But then my library was pretty small when I got started.  Now that it's expanded maybe the problem is showing up only because of the larger library.

I'll post on the Streamium forum as well to get some more attention on this item.

The realization that it's a Philips problem is truly bad news.  They'll take months and months to fix it, if they fix it at all....

Now that MC11 is almost done perhaps you could get alphabetic search function implemented kinda soon to help this situation.  However long it takes, I'm sure it will happen before Philips takes any action.

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 08:45:07 am »

If anyone's interested this navigation problem has been confrimed by Philips to be a firmware bug.  See: http://www.streamiumcafe.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4744&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:56:16 am »

Cool, maybe it won't take too long to get it fixed then...

This is still a young field, there will probably be quite a few things like this before it matures, both on the manufacturers side and on the server side.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up