INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will Shuffle be REAL-Time?  (Read 1539 times)

JONCAT

When will Shuffle be REAL-Time?
« on: June 19, 2005, 06:31:13 pm »

When is Shuffle going to be a "real-time" feature?

I think this is something that would have been in the first build of MC10 but I am still stopping playback when I need to toggle shuffle on and off.

JC

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
Re: When will Shuffle be REAL-Time?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 07:17:21 pm »

I agree man.  I agree.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 07:23:05 pm »

I like this song

'There She Goes (Again)' Charted At 13 in 1990

Listening to: 'There She Goes (Again)' by 'La's, the'

'There She Goes (Again)' Charted At 14 in 1999

Listening to: 'There She Goes (Again)' by 'Sixpence None the Richer'

As for Suffle Not Sure What "Real Time" Means
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:23:42 pm »

Ctrl+R?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:54 am »

Not sure what you mean by "real time" either?

If you right click on your playlist or playingnow and click on "shuffle", theplaylist or playingnow gets shuffled, realtime.

If you mean the shuffle on/off button, I believe it has to be initialized with start of play, (as do some other playback functions). I don't know the technical reasons, but I assume there are some.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 06:20:08 am »

Well I guess this brings up another point; I don't use Playing Now. Why would I? I bounce around my different view schemes and play different stuff. The Playing Now screen is useful, but I don't utilize it very much.

For active listening it would be great to have the shuffle button toggle in real-time. For example, I use random play  in a view scheme of one genre then want to play an album. I see what you meant about the shuffling of the Playing Now; I hope the MC shuffle button can be fixed because I commonly see that it doesn't stick even when the playback is stopped. The other night I had to get up off the couch four times because the shuffle button would not work even after stopping playback and toggling it. If this is easy to change, it would really be a helpful switch, and please look into   
it because I was honestly losing my mind the other night when the shuffle function simply was not working. I kept laying down and the song would jump to something completely different.

DC

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 02:29:45 pm »

Well I guess this brings up another point; I don't use Playing Now. Why would I? I bounce around my different view schemes and play different stuff. The Playing Now screen is useful, but I don't utilize it very much.

Not use Playing Now !!!

Ahh....you are using the default behavior of MC, which is to replace everything in playing now with whatever you just clicked. I guess that's fine if you want to skip around different albums or want to hear different tracks.

The downside is its easy to dbl click accidentally and lose whatever you queued up previously in Playing Now. So i have it set to Add to Playing Now (at the end). You know so i can queue stuff up, and then switch to PN (Ctrl+2) at the end.

If i want to add different tracks from the library, i just hilite, right click->Add to Playing Now.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 03:06:21 pm »

I'll try it; that sounds pretty good. I would just like to have the other option too. Thanks for the heads up.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up