INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Bug - MJ won't play tracks after a while  (Read 2425 times)

AussieBill

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Aussies do it upside down
Weird Bug - MJ won't play tracks after a while
« on: October 03, 2002, 05:37:33 pm »

I have noticed this for the last couple of versions and I am currently on 382.

What happens is after playing a playlist for a while, I click the next button and the screen goes black (full-screen viz was running). I double click to restore MJ and see that the track is in "Stopped" mode. I click next and it jumps 3 places down the track list and goes to "Stopped" again.  It's like the track was empty. It always jumps 3 tracks, like from 7 to 10 to 13 etc. VERY VERY WEIRD!! Once it starts this, I can click any file and it won't play, it just says stopped. I briefly see the album cover come up but then it flashes off.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.382
Install Path: J:\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1159 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

wickesy

Re: Weird Bug - MJ won't play tracks after a while
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 10:04:46 am »

I have had the same problem but it happens even when the computer is unattended.

My system info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.382
Install Path: F:\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 451 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

David Wickes

wickesy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 10:08:56 am »

In fact it has just done it to me again.  It seems to be as it finishes one track and moves to the next.

It had been playing normally for about the last 45 or 50 minutes.

David Wickes

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 10:33:07 am »

I've had the same or quite similar problem.  I haven't figured out what triggers this behavior but MJ goes from working normally to not playing anything!  I can double click on a track and I see it's listed but "stopped" no matter what I do.  I can also try to right click a song from the media library and get same behavior.  I notice that the cursor will jump to another track but didn't figure out it was 3 away.  :P  If I close the program and open it again...works fine.
Also - has anyone else noticed a flash or quick refresh which happens frequently?  Not related to weither I'm downloading something.  What is this?  Using Media Jukebox v8.0.381

steinie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 01:09:54 am »

Mine does the "stopped" and jump 3 tracks thing too.  I posted this under the sticky 8.0.382 thread as well....

steinie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 01:50:35 pm »

Just changed mine to DirectX output instead of WAV, and so far it hasn't done it again....  yet...  Hmm.

wickesy

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2002, 02:07:39 pm »

Just changed mine to DirectX output instead of WAV, and so far it hasn't done it again....  yet...  Hmm.

Nope, didn't work for me  ?

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2002, 06:56:56 pm »

Yes, definately get this behavior after updating some properties.  When it stays "Stopped" it jumps to highlight 3 tracks down.  
Also another behavior I've noticed after updating tag in property is that it will start playing the track in some distorted fashion.  Not even able to make out the song!  
Neither of these things happens EVERY time but more often than not since the last 2 builds.

steinie

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2002, 09:59:01 pm »

Well, changing to DirectX output didn't solve it, just happened again.......       :(

johnt3

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 07:55:12 am »

Sorry about the problems you're having. I can't reproduce it on my machine but we'll look into it further on Monday.

John T.
JRiver, Inc.

steinie

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 09:17:18 am »

In fact it has just done it to me again.  It seems to be as it finishes one track and moves to the next.

David Wickes

Yep, mine only does it when it ends one track and is supposed to play the next.  Won't mess up while playing, just during that time when it's supposed to go to the next song.  Goes to "stopped", and highlights that file 3 below where it's supposed to.  Maybe a database issue rather than programming?

queni

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2002, 03:52:11 am »

? I'm getting this one too, on two machines at the moment (home and work) it mainly happens on the one at home though....

Both systems running 8.0.382 -

Home: P4 2.5Ghz, Windows XP, Hercules Game Theatre 5.1 Sound Card, 512Mb RDRAM, Maxtor 120Gb HDD for music

Work: 2xP3 1.2Ghz, Windows 2000, Sound Blaster Live, 1Gb RAM, Maxtor 60Gb HDD for music...

Anybody? This only appears to have occured with the latest release.... and as I say, with the work computer it stops a LOT less often (once a day) with the home one it stops once an hour or so....

dnoyeb

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2002, 04:42:38 am »

I have this problem but its not random.  Its the song itself.  It will just not play some songs.  it will just skip down and try to play the next song, and if that dont work, it will skip that too, etc.

I tried to play the song directly off the HD by double clicking it and found it didnt play.  But other songs do play so Im convenced its the file.

I have an album by Jill Scott that i ripped at 128 mp3 Normal and it will NOT play.  but the rip i did at 112 does play.

Make sure its not the specific songs themselves.

queni

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2002, 07:03:52 am »

:-[ Nope. That doesn't solve the problem for me.... I cannot reproduce the bug, although when it does fail, occasionally it seems to have an error message, but this appears too quickly to read....
Pages: [1]   Go Up