INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music and photo slideshow using MC11?  (Read 4673 times)

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Music and photo slideshow using MC11?
« on: July 14, 2005, 04:45:12 pm »

I know this gets brought up a lot, but I haven't been keeping up with the latest MC developments.  JavaHMO does a slide show with pictures AND music together (you pick the song first and then pick the image folder i think).  So technically it can be done, but I dont like JavaHMO that much.

Does MC 11 allow for this now?  Any plans for it in the future?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music and photo slideshow using MC11?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 05:23:36 pm »

It has for several versions.  Just start any audio, then play pictures, or vice versa.

Or you can make a mixed playlist and play that.

RobOK

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 01:14:11 pm »

Just so I'm clear -- you are talking about over a Tivo?  I have made mixed playlists in the past for on the computer, but over the tivo I had to go into songs or photos as menu choices and depending on which you chose you got only songs or only photos, not both mixed together.

(I assumed you would get that since I was posting in a Tivo forum I meant over the Tivo, but that wasnt necessarily clear in my first post so I am being more explicit)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 01:42:09 pm »

Sorry.  I didn't notice which board you'd posted on.

TiVo can't play music and show slides at the same time.

RobOK

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 02:20:37 pm »

Well a *Tivo* can using a different program, but MediaCenter cannot serve it this way.  I hope you add this feature in the future, it works well in JavaHMO (but I am still sticking with MC as my Tivo Server).

RobOK

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 07:32:22 pm »

resurrecting OLD thread.

Would be great if MC supported this function!    MC12 maybe!? 

RobOK

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 09:06:24 am »

Just so you know how Galleon does this, just in case you were thinking of adding this into MC....

In Galleon, you go into the music app thru Tivo and find the directory or playlist you want for the music.  You hit the "1" key (there is a little caption there to remind  you) and the Tivo beeps.  Then you leave the music app back to the menu and go into the Photo slide show you want and start playing the pictures.  Then hit Play and the music you previously selected starts playing with the music.  Its really quite simple.   I assume the 1 button is sending a message back to the server to keep a queue and then the play button plays whatever is on that queue.

I know Tivo is not a big part of your user base, but it would be a great thing to add for a small group of us out here who don't have their computer attached to the TV but do have a Tivo.

Thanks,
Rob.

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 01:12:01 pm »

I totally agree. It would be awesome to display art  of some kind, whether it be cover art, or picture show or whatever.  Galleon's take on the whole thing is wonderful, but they dont support .wma files, so I cant use it.

barachee

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 09:17:43 pm »

I just discovered JRiver Media Center and tested it out using my Tivo HD box.  It is great!  I only have one complaint...the lack of support for simultaneous music and photo slide shows. 

I currently use Galleon instead of Tivo Desktop for this very reason.  MC 13 is far superior to either of these in every other way but I use the photo slide show to music on a regular basis.

My Two Cents (vote) would be to add this functionality if at all possible.  I would be an evangelist for this product if it were added.

RobOK

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 01:24:56 pm »

I have long wanted this feature in MC, but I don't think they are actively developing anything for the Tivo (although I think Tivo is making a comeback with Netfilx integration and Video On Demand from Amazon and others).

Your best option is to make slideshows with MS Photostory or equivalent and then convert them to a Tivo format and then load them onto your Tivo.  That approach has several drawbacks, but that is probably the best you can do.

Sometimes I burn a CD with music and images and put it in my DVD player and it plays both images and songs.

Both of those approaches require you to "create" the slideshow in advance, not anything dynamic, which is MC's strenght with smartlists etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up