INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adaptx and Winamp plug-ins not working  (Read 3186 times)

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Adaptx and Winamp plug-ins not working
« on: July 16, 2005, 04:47:14 am »

Does anyone know why the winamp plugins that worked with version 10 don't work on 11? I'm asking because I've never been able to use directx host. After playing 1 or 2 songs everything crashes and I have to restart my computer.  I purchased Adapt-x  after trying it on version 10. It seems to be more stable for me. but it's not working with 11 I'd appreciate it if someone  could tell me what I can do to use my directx plugins.
                                                           Best Fishes
                                                            Chris

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Adaptx and Winamp plug-ins not working
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 12:47:03 pm »

this has been asked about many times, but i haven't seen an official response yet.  it just seems that winamp plugs do not work in version 11, and it doesn't seem as if there is any plan to "fix" this.

the native directx host plugin for MC is free for MC users, but it isn't as stable as the winamp/WMP plugin.

i'm actually using it now.  it works better for some directx plugins than others.  which directx plugin are you trying to use with it?

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 09:40:39 pm »

Greetings and Felicitations,
I'm on XP and I have been trying to use Directx host with N track plugins and wavesurround. After the 2nd or 3rd song everything stops responding and I can't even log off my computer. I have to shut off completely and restart.
I would really like to hear an official response as to why winamp plugins aren't supported now. I'm hoping that's just a temporary thing..... Everything else about Media Center 11
 really terrific.
                                                             Chris

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 01:23:54 am »

you probably won't like this solution, but you can try other plugins with similar effects until you find a good one that works.  :(

also, are you chaining several n track plugins with wavesurround at the same time?  i think this puts a lot of strain on directx host and could cause it to crash.  if so, you should just try one at a time and go from there.

don't know what the rest of your configuration is like, but i have a directx plugin called voxengo warmifier. 

- it only works correctly when i use directsound output.  ASIO makes the music stutter
- changing the buffering time may also help
- warmifier can work in two modes: 32 bit processing and 64 bit.  Only 32 bit works well in MC
- .ape files (especially high and extra-high compression) used to give me problems when using warmifier.  ape is more difficult to decode than say flac

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 09:51:48 pm »

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I found if I just  use one  plugin only on directx host I won't crash.  :-\ I'd very much appreciate getting an official  response from J River about why winamp plugins aren't supported presently. And if that will change in the near future.
                                                                    Chris

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 07:10:34 pm »

When I started this thread I was hoping I'd get a response from someone at J River about why winamp DSP plugins won't work with MC11. Media Center is great and your hard work is appreciated. I'd be grateful if someone would just address this issue. Thanks.

Best Fishes
Chris

Bluey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 05:05:42 pm »

They just did it, changed their code not to work with WA plugins, they said so.

I dunno why, maybe they think WA does not exist in the real world.

Bluey

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 09:37:59 pm »

Could someone clarify this issue about Media Center and winamp plugins. You guys are usually pretty good about answering our questions. I'm starting to worry if perhaps the cylons have seized control of Media Center, In case you haven't heard Cylons look like us now....  :o.
If you're wondering what a Cylon is.... It's a long story......
                                                                  Chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up