INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.382  (Read 5661 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.382
« on: October 02, 2002, 01:43:15 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.382 is available:    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe    

History:  
1. Fixed: Media Jukebox would fail to play RealPlayer files if RealOne v2 player was installed.
2. Fixed: Media Jukebox was creating Audio CDs with pops and clicks when it was playing and burning simultaneously.
3. Fixed: Media Jukebox was trying to start Download Manager from wrong location.

nila

Re: Media Jukebox 8.0.381
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 02:13:32 pm »

Bug - tried to  burn a data cd and was warned some file names would be truncated.
Said ok then got an error message almost instantly when it started trying to burn saying this file:

Ayia_Napa_The_Album_2001_[CD1]_-_02_-_Cleptomaniacs_-_All_I_Do_(Bump__Flex_Dance_Floor_Mix)_(featuring_Bryan_Chambers).mp3

is too long for iso9660 directory.
I have a feeling it might be the album name itself:
Ayia Napa the Album 2001 (Mixed by Masterstepz)
But I could be wrong and even if I'm not, it's still a bug that it's giving the wrong error message and not truncating the album name.

nila

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 02:24:40 pm »

Oh yeah, and a BIG request,
PLEASE PLEASE give us rules we can use when burning cd's.
Fair enough we have folder rules but I'd like rules similar to 'rename file from properties' that could be used to burn cd's with names different from the ones on the hard drive.
I would for instance burn my cd's with: Track # - Title and put them in folders of Artist - Album
whereas on my computer they are: Artist - album - track # - title.

This would be ESPECIALLY useful at times when it has to truncate the file names.
You'd be the first software I know to offer this and I'm sure people would love it :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 03:32:09 pm »

file names on CD's can only be 64chrs if i am not mistaken
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 04:28:12 pm »

2. Fixed: Media Jukebox was creating Audio CDs with pops and clicks when it was playing and burning simultaneously

Works great! Thanks.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 05:13:04 am »

King,

File names on data CDs can be much, much longer.  MJ supports 64-chars using Goldenhawk library and 110-chars using the Generic driver (I create data CDs with 110 char names all the time).  Some other CD data burning formats will actually support upto 240 or so characters...I think Nero can burn these type of data CDs.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 05:38:07 am »

Removing of cover images from the tag still doesn't work.

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 05:53:35 am »

I just downloaded and installed 8.0 3.81 U/G and I tried to download an mp3 from EMusic and now I get a message

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM|Download Manager.exe is not found

?
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

Nikolay

Re: Media Jukebox 8.0.382
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 06:42:27 am »

Jazzwolf,

Try new download (8.0.382).

Nikolay

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 09:38:26 am »

File names on data CDs can be much, much longer.  MJ supports 64-chars using Goldenhawk library and 110-chars using the Generic driver (I create data CDs with 110 char names all the time).  Some other CD data burning formats will actually support upto 240 or so characters...I think Nero can burn these type of data CDs.

Actually, it's the other way around (64 chars for generic, 110 for Goldenhawk). Have you verified that Nero can burn longer filenames? I haven't been able to do this. The longest windows compatible file naming scheme on CD is the Joliet standard which is supposed to allow up to 64 character names but can be "tricked" into allowing up to 110 characters.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Do I have to remove old MJ when updating to newest
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 11:53:22 am »

Am I supposed to completely uninstall the prev MJ version before updating to the latest release?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2002, 12:00:21 pm »

No.  Just install.

ZRocker

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2002, 12:04:19 pm »

JohnT,

Thanks  for correcting me...I was just 'winging' it and got it backwards (haha).  I'd have to test Nero (again) to be sure...been to long since I used Nero to burn...but, I do remember seeing that option for sure (something about 'relaxed' <something> option).

nivw

• World Citizen
  • &quot;I m singing in the rain, na na nanana...&quot;
clicks and pops
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2002, 02:39:35 pm »

After upgrading I listened to a couple of songs, then when I clicked to hear web music MJB started playing weird clicks and pops.
After exiting and re-entering it went away for a bit of time then came back when I double clicked a song.

Please fix it quick!

Niv

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.382
Install Path: g:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1816 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 188 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

nila

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 04:25:39 pm »

When file names like this are too long could there please be an option box asking if for this burn I would like to use the generic driver (or the other way around - whichever supports the longer file names).
Just a plain: Burn failed isn't very useful to aiding in me making the cd  :)

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2002, 04:52:46 am »

Jazzwolf,

Try new download (8.0.382).

Nikolay

Yep, That did the trick, Thanks!!!
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2002, 05:19:26 am »

nivw,

>>then when I clicked to hear web music MJB started playing weird clicks and pops.

Try setting Options>Playback>Output to DirectSound and then move the slider in Settings all the way to more responsive.

Note to JRiver: This ought to be the default setting for Win2K & XP installations

Xenno

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2002, 04:50:57 pm »

Bugs:

1.  Unable to playback a song after file properties have been edited of the same or different file.   Either "stopped" is displayed or the sound is highly distorted.  Exiting MJ and reopening it resolves the issue, until another file is edited.  

2.  Performing replay gain on several tracks results in a progressive slowdown until MJ refuses to perform the procedure on anymore tracks.  Replay gain runs fine on those final tracks after MJ is closed and reopened.  

Try setting Options>Playback>Output to DirectSound and then move the slider in Settings all the way to more responsive.

Note to JRiver: This ought to be the default setting for Win2K & XP installations

I'm running xp and have a Creative Audigy soundcard with the current drivers installed.   There's no sound when output is set to DirectSound.   If my memory is correct, DirectSound worked before I upgraded to the current driver.

Shelly

Listening to: 'A Colloquial Dream' from 'Tijuana Moods [Remastered]' by 'Charles Mingus' on Media Jukebox

Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

steinie

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2002, 01:06:53 am »

Bugs:

1.  Unable to playback a song after file properties have been edited of the same or different file.   Either "stopped" is displayed or the sound is highly distorted.  Exiting MJ and reopening it resolves the issue, until another file is edited.  

Mine's doing the same.  (8.0.382)  If I am deleting, or editing songs while listening, seemingly at random it goes to stopped and won't play anymore without exiting and restarting the program.   If I double click a song to try to get it to play, it highlights a song 3-4 songs down (not the one I clicked!!) with the speaker icon, but still won't play.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2002, 01:40:41 am »

Mine's doing the same.  (8.0.382)  If I am deleting, or editing songs while listening, seemingly at random it goes to stopped and won't play anymore without exiting and restarting the program.  If I double click a song to try to get it to play, it highlights a song 3-4 songs down (not the one I clicked!!) with the speaker icon, but still won't play.

The same here. I think you fixed it a little bit too hard ;)

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2002, 04:17:58 am »

Why is DirectSound better than Wave Out on Win XP installations?

-Mr.X

nivw

• World Citizen
  • &quot;I m singing in the rain, na na nanana...&quot;
Yet more bugs
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2002, 05:00:42 am »

Sad to report that MJ doesn't check the available space on a drive it is working on, and doesn't report/handle this error correctly.
Two Scenarios:
1. Run replay gain on a drive filled with songs (1000+) with no available space. At some point of analyzing the files, I get an error reported near the file and all of the rest of the files. MJ should tell me that I don't have enough space to write the new tag.
UPDATE: Now that I've vacated some space I still receive error reported on some songs. What is wrong with these files? may MJ tell me what's wrong?

2. In the effort to free some space by converting the APE files to MPC, MJB crashes cause it doesn't have enough space to write the new MPC before deleting the old APE.

I have also noticed a slow-down in the replay gain analyze during later processed files.

Niv

Valthep

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2002, 07:11:05 pm »

Bugs:

2.  Performing replay gain on several tracks results in a progressive slowdown until MJ refuses to perform the procedure on anymore tracks.  Replay gain runs fine on those final tracks after MJ is closed and reopened.  

I'm running xp and have a Creative Audigy soundcard with the current drivers installed.   There's no sound when output is set to DirectSound.   If my memory is correct, DirectSound worked before I upgraded to the current driver.

I'm having exactly the same problems with version 8.0.382.

DirectSound works fine with the current Creative Audigy driver, though, if you set the bitdepth to 16-bit.

sekim

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2002, 04:03:34 am »

Unskinned MJ with gridlines shown in the view pane are not lining up with the tabs at the top of the columns. This has been around for a while just never thought to mention it.

Also, when no cd is in the drive and CD, DVD, & Handhelds are selected the sequence tab "S" in the view pane is overlapped slightly with ascending/descending arrow.

savkar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2002, 04:53:15 am »

BUGS
====

(1)  When importing or ripping, sometimes phantom files appear in the media library though not on the actual disk.  I.e. if I rip x.mp3, I get x showing up twice in the library though it only exists once.

Clicking on the phantom file causes it to jump to the next track-- just a bit disconcerting.

(2)  Right click sendto->device->mp3 player doesn't 100% work because if there are multiple drives on the device (or flash cards), it does not give you the option as to which card to send to.  Only works if I drag the file explicitly onto the left window pane showing the internal versus external card.

Sunil

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2002, 07:38:22 am »

Bugs:

Same here.

Also, if I copy an image in IE (RClick->Copy, paste in Properties inside MJ) I get a solid black box. However, if I paste it in PSP it is fine.

In addition, if I then perform the copy in PSP and then paste in MJ it works properly.

IE has not been updated (and MJ has) between this working and not working.

Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1529 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Listening to: 'Follow Me' from 'Double Wide' by 'Uncle Kracker' on Media Jukebox

xen-uno

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2002, 08:13:19 am »

Why is DirectSound better than WaveOut?

Read http://home.revealed.net/xen/WOvsDS.txt

Xenno

edit> don't know how to turn on Word Wrap in browser window. Open NotePad or WordPad, click on Open and paste the hyperlink

Nikolay

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2002, 07:27:10 am »

Unable to playback a song after file properties have been edited of the same or different file.   Either "stopped" is displayed or the sound is highly distorted.  Exiting MJ and reopening it resolves the issue, until another file is edited.

Please download new version of mp3 plug-in. It will fix the problem.

Click here or use check for updates:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=4

Nikolay

ConradW

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2002, 10:52:29 am »

I've installed 8.0.382 but still cannot play any radio stations that are in Real Audio format. I just keep getting an error dialog stating, "Cannot determine the version of Real Networks Real Player. Real Networks Real Player 6.0 or above must be installed to play the file you selected."

I have RealOne 2.0 Build 6.0.11.818 installed in c:\Real\RealOne\

I have tried uninstalling Media Jukebox and reinstalling, but that didn't cure the problem (even after restarting the PC).

Running Windows 2000 Professional SP1 on a Toshiba Tecra 8100 notebook.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best regards,
Conrad

JohnT

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2002, 12:20:08 pm »

When file names like this are too long could there please be an option box asking if for this burn I would like to use the generic driver (or the other way around - whichever supports the longer file names).
Just a plain: Burn failed isn't very useful to aiding in me making the cd  :)

When we come out with our own generic burning engine, it will support the same file lengths as Goldenhawk so this won't be an issue anymore. We'll probably have a checkbox somewhere for allowing filenames to be greater than 64 characters since this is the standard and at least one cd driver (zevele's???) didn't like the non-standard 110 character names.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2002, 12:42:12 pm »

I haven't burnt a data CD thru MJ in a long time. Does a 8.3 format filename still have to be present? I have short filename generation turned off in W2k.

Xenno

edit> What I really meant was...If short filenames are req'd, will it create them on the fly like Easy CD Creator and others?

phelt

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2002, 01:49:49 pm »

About the filename issue - is there a technical reason not to use ISO Level2? This has been supported in Windows since Win95 and allows for filenames up to 256 characters, IIRC. Right now it appears that the only burning engine to include this is Prassi's, but it's a published standard, no?

S Wisdom

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2002, 11:07:54 pm »

it would be nice if you can update all  id tags from mj data

and also save in file as name of cd, and not just in artist
Pages: [1]   Go Up