INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aTagger v1.3.2 released 7/24/05  (Read 10389 times)

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
aTagger v1.3.2 released 7/24/05
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:16:23 pm »

aTagger v1.3.2.  It is available for download at http://aTagger.auldridge.biz or alternately at http://auldridge.biz:81/atagger/ (if you have firewall problems).

aTagger is a plug-in for JRiver's Media Center.  The function of aTagger is to automatically update the Media Center audio files with album and/or artist information available from online sources. Album data includes Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Image, Rating, Styles, Moods, Type, Review, Songs, Credits, and Parental Advisory.  Artist data includes Born/Formed, Died/Disbanded, Genres, Styles, Tones, Bio, and Albums.

The latest updates to aTagger include:
    - Strip out multiple spaces from HTML files before performing Artist/Album
      searches (e.g., "A   Little South of Sanity" would cause a failed search
      for "A Little South of Sanity"). [imjustagamer]
    - New Artist and Album search option "Strip ending ", A" and try failed
      search again". [imjustagamer]
    - New Artist and Album search option "Strip ending " [...]" and try failed
      search again". [skeeterfood & zxsix]
    - New Artist and Album search option "Strip ending " (...)" and try failed
      search again". [skeeterfood & zxsix]
    - New Artist and Album search option "Append ending " [" and try failed
      search again".
    - New Artist and Album search option "Append ending " (" and try failed
      search again".
    - New Artist search option "Strip embedded characters".
    - Updated processing of "Original Soundtrack" albums so that the artists
      for each song are not overwritten with "Original Soundtrack".
    - Fixed intermittent problem with the lookup of Moods. [udeups]
    - Fixed bug where some of the Album Search Options were being saved as
      Artist Search Options.
    - Enhanced Multi-Artist album processing -- there was an occasional bug
      that caused all Artist to be set to the AlbumArtist.

Enjoy...  @l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: aTagger v1.3.2 released 7/24/05
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 09:34:06 pm »

You are Da Man!!!

Works great in the limited test.... I'll let you know how it goes tommorrow...

Thanks @l@n!!

-

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 09:41:37 pm »

Works great in the limited test.... I'll let you know how it goes tommorrow...

Thanks for the feedback.  Let me know how your ongoing testing goes.

Thanks again...  @l@n

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 11:26:52 pm »

Thank you so much!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 11:51:44 pm »

FYI,

I still can't launch this build while the MCXML plugin is started.  Get same error message as before.

It did find a few more albums that it didn't before, so thanks for those improvements.

Here a a couple that it still doesn't find.
Bowling For Soup - Let's Do It For Johnny!!
Fiona - Fiona

All of these albums can be found via the allmusic.com page.
I don't have an account on that site, so it's just the normal html format.

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 07:31:23 am »

I still can't launch this build while the MCXML plugin is started.  Get same error message as before.

As I find time this week, I'll install MCXML.  Once I reproduce the problem I might be able to do something about it.

Fiona - Fiona

I'll check into these this evening after work.

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 09:56:46 pm »

I'll check into these this evening after work.

I'm sorry zxsix, I got a new toy today and I didnt find the time to work on aTagger.

<brag on>

I just got a great birthday present (from my wife but I picked it out and paid for it)...  It is a Dell 2405FPW -- a 24" wide screen LCD that runs at 1920x1200 screen resolution.  It supports VGA, DVI, S-Video, Composite, and Component input; picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture; has a built-in 4-port USB hub; and includes a card reader for 9 types of media cards.   W-O-W!!!

I'm so happy with this thing!!!   It is AWESOME!!!

Now I just need a faster machine so I can run G-Force at full resolution  ;)

<brag off>

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 10:06:17 pm »

Nice wife, Alan.  Happy Birthday.  And thanks for your work.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 10:11:35 pm »

Mmmmm.....Toyyyyyzzzzz!!
Happy birthday!

edbro

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 10:13:00 pm »

How do I get this to save the image file? Mine does not. When I go to the "Tagging Options" tab the field for Image shows "n/a" and I can not change it.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 10:31:01 pm »

If I have update tags disabled in MC options and run this program will it only update the library.  I don't like to have all the extra information in the actual tags of my files but would love to have some of that data - bio's, moods, etc.  in my library database.  Please let me know as I would love to use this program.  Thanks in advance.

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 07:13:29 am »

I'm sorry zxsix, I got a new toy today and I didnt find the time to work on aTagger.

<brag on>

I just got a great birthday present (from my wife but I picked it out and paid for it)...  It is a Dell 2405FPW -- a 24" wide screen LCD that runs at 1920x1200 screen resolution.  It supports VGA, DVI, S-Video, Composite, and Component input; picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture; has a built-in 4-port USB hub; and includes a card reader for 9 types of media cards.   W-O-W!!!

I'm so happy with this thing!!!   It is AWESOME!!!

Now I just need a faster machine so I can run G-Force at full resolution  ;)

Happy Birthday!!

I have heard that the Dell monitors are the Best,....

Oh and what was your address again?    ;D
-

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 07:37:05 am »

How do I get this to save the image file? Mine does not. When I go to the "Tagging Options" tab the field for Image shows "n/a" and I can not change it.

edbro, aTagger doesn't allow you to specify the Library Field for image.  It is hard-coded to store the image correctly.  All you need to do is select the Image CheckBox. 

Keep in mind that aTagger is not able to find the image for every album.

If you continue to have problems, please enable Verbose Reporting (from Processing Options | Reporting) and send me a private message containing the contents of the output log.

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 07:43:25 am »

If I have update tags disabled in MC options and run this program will it only update the library.  I don't like to have all the extra information in the actual tags of my files but would love to have some of that data - bio's, moods, etc.  in my library database.  Please let me know as I would love to use this program.  Thanks in advance.

broncodan, I've never tried this (as I store all of the data that aTagger finds in the file) but you should be able to keep the data from being stored in the file by de-selecting the "Store in file tags (when possible)" CheckBox that is available from the Configure Library Field of Options | Library | Library Field from MediaCenter.  aTagger doesn't have any special options that controlls that functionality.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 08:47:38 pm »

Fiona - Fiona

zxsix, sorry for the delay but it took me a while to check these out.

What I found with Bowling For Soup - Let's Do It For Johnny!! is that the album is listed as "Let's Do It For Johnny! " (note single exclamation point).  Even if you defined "!" in the list of user defined characters to be removed "Let's Do It For Johnny" <> "Let's Do It For Johnny!".  Let me think about this one... I'd like to think that a simple solution can be found.  The only thing worse than not finding an artist/album is finding the wrong one -- you have bad data and don't even know it.

The problem with Fiona/Fiona is that the are several artists listed for Fiona.  The first one listed (the one aTagger selected) was the wrong one and has no albums associated.  I'll work on this problem for the next release of aTagger.  I should continue looking for the artist if there are no albums found for the artist.

Again, sorry that I took so long to get back to you.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 09:23:16 pm »

No problem.  Here's a couple other examples for your consideration....

Search for artist  JONNY LANG.  This takes you right to him.  No multiple artists here.

Go to the discography tab and pull up his LIE TO ME album, and it displays as JONNY LANG and atagger finds that one just fine.

Now, select the album SMOKIN'.

atagger doesn't find this one.  The reason, I think, is that once the album is pulled up, the artist now displays KID JONNY LANG & THE BIG BANG.
Total switcheroo and I see that as amg's fault, not atagger's.
I have several other similar examples where they do this, maybe a trap can be set to get these as well.

No rush on my end, just playing the good tester since I do that for a living.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Access Errors
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:08 am »

I had great success with earlier versions of aTagger a couple of years ago when it first came out.  It's a terrific program!, and I would love to be able to use it again.

I installed the latest version yesterday, but have 2 problems that I can't resolve.  I can't get it to work:  it finds errors for all files.  In addition, it appears that I'm now blocked from access to AMG:  both within MC via the "Artist Info." tab and when trying to access the AMG website via my regular browser.  I receive the typical "The Page Cannot be Displayed" message. 

So far, I've tried uninstalling aTagger and deleting its registry entries, but still couldn't access AMG website.  I then re-installed aTagger selecting the option for "Everyone" to have access.  I had read that it's necessary for registered users of AMG to log off from automatic sign-in, but as I can no longer access it, I’m not able to.

It would be fantastic to be able to use aTagger again, and so would appreciate anyone's help about how I may fix my PC's problem.  Prior to installing aTagger, I installed and updated the Net Framework from Windows update.  Please let me know what pertinent information I should provide (I am not as computer savvy as most of you here).

Media Center Registered 11.0.310 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2571 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 156 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

@l@n

• World Citizen
Re: Access Errors
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 11:33:23 am »

I had great success with earlier versions of aTagger a couple of years ago when it first came out.  It's a terrific program!, and I would love to be able to use it again.

pthay, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you can access allmusic from your web browser. 

Assuming that you can, make sure that you are not logged in (and that you don't automatically login to allmusic).  aTagger does not seem to work consistently for people that login to allmusic.  I've never logged in and I never have any problems.  It must be that the data is formatted slightly different when you are logged in (which confuses aTagger).

jgreen

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 12:06:46 pm »

@l@n--
I've been trying out your plugin and I am mightily i mpressed.  I'm most interested in getting AMG to suppliment my data so I can invent future search schemes.  Therefore "moods" and "styles" are my main focus currently.  Couple of questions:

--What is "songs"?  Track names, of course, but "songs" reurns a single field with all tracks listed for each track.  Is that right?

--Is there any way to set up a secondary "rating" field so that the AMG ratings don't overwrite my own ratings?

Thanks, and congratulations on your program.

@l@n

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 12:22:45 pm »

--What is "songs"?  Track names, of course, but "songs" reurns a single field with all tracks listed for each track.  Is that right?

You are correct.  "Songs" is just a list of the songs on the album.  Not very useful in my opinion but it was a requested option.   :)

--Is there any way to set up a secondary "rating" field so that the AMG ratings don't overwrite my own ratings?

No problem, just add a Library Field "myRating" and have aTagger populate this new field.  The downside is that you won't see the nice stars interface that JRiver gives you for Rating -- you will only see the numeric value.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 02:53:15 pm »

pthay, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you can access allmusic from your web browser. 

Hi:

Thanks for your help. 

It appears that my issue may just be a coincidence: the AMG server went down around the time I installed aTagger.  I was unable to connect to AMG's website using another PC which doesn't have aTagger or MC.

Otherwise something is going on with my ISP perhaps.  Is no one else have problems getting AMG?

LonWar

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 02:56:39 pm »

Hi:

Thanks for your help. 

It appears that my issue may just be a coincidence: the AMG server went down around the time I installed aTagger.  I was unable to connect to AMG's website using another PC which doesn't have aTagger or MC.

Otherwise something is going on with my ISP perhaps.  Is no one else have problems getting AMG?

I just got into there site...
-

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 05:38:11 pm »

I just got into there site...

Thanks.  I checked with other people and it appears to be just my network (other people on the network cannot connect to AMG either). 

I wonder if it's related to something I did since it occured after I attempted to use aTagger for 1200 files (but I don't know why that would be). 

LonWar

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 06:41:41 pm »

If your IP hits AMG enough you will get a message saying that you are hitting the site to much and you are temperarily blocked... (something to that effect),
However you get a message, not a Page cannot be found.

-

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 09:49:43 am »

Just an update.  Website access did resume the following day and has worked ever since.  Don't know what happened, but, of course, my problem had nothing to do with aTagger.  Thanks for your guys help. 

And especial thanks for providing this new version of aTagger, which did a fast, accurate, and thorough labeling of my music files. I recall the old days of cutting and pasting into individual files -- just the bios and musical styles, mind you.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 05:22:48 pm »

An update for @l@n....

I ended up doing a clean install on my computer.
Different O/S now.
Reinstalled MC and all plugins from scratch.
This time I installed atagger before MCXML, just in case order may have had anything to do with dll registration or whatever....
anyway, I can still reproduce the error, even though it's new hardware, O/S and fresh install of MC.
Run atagger by itself and it's fine.
Restart MC.
Go to plugin manager and click start for MCXML.
Use it to create a webpage.
Click on playing now to exit MCXML's plugin interface and go back to MC.
Click on plugins and try to start atagger.
I get the same error I reported before indicating it can' t find file.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 10:49:00 am »

I've been getting that same error lately with FLAC files.  However, I've noticed that, depsite the error saying the tag wasn't written, it actually does update the tag.  I just don't get it.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 11:07:03 am »

Yea, you're correct.  I really need a fix for this one.  I might have to stop using MC because of this problem.

scthom

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 04:55:14 pm »

Thanks to everyone for being patient with the FLAC plugins.  I am working on trying to find a fix for the tagging problems.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 06:19:36 pm »

"Interface Plug-in 'a Tagger could not be found or created" - I get this error when clicking on the start button in the MC plugin manager.   What would cause this?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 08:30:43 pm »

do you have MC XML plugin installed?

Disable that and restart MC.  Atagger will work then.
It's a bug I reported a while back.  There is some incompatibility between the two plugins.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 10:16:00 pm »

Cooooool.  Very strange though.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:01 am »

@l@n,

Can I add a suggestion?
Could we get an option to append a blank space to the begining of the album name when searching?

I've been finding more and more albums at AMG with a space before the title.  For example:

International Superhits!
 International Superhits!

aTagger finds the albums perfectly fine if I edit the album name manually by adding the space.  However, I then need to go back and re-edit the space out.  An option that adds the space when searching would (hopefully) solve this problem.

Thanks!

LonWar

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 09:17:03 pm »

Hi @l@n, Hope all is well.... I had to reinstall your plugin and noticed that your website is down.

Any chance I can get a copy?

Thanks.
-

LonWar

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 08:13:50 pm »

Thanks Marko,

I think he's in Florida.... I hope all is well.
-

LonWar

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 07:38:17 am »

Hey Marko, I hate to ask you this, but are you sure your clicking Save after changing the location?
-

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2005, 06:50:22 pm »

Can somebody confirm if this is a bug in aTagger/MC11.1 or if its just me?

In 11.1.89 I can't save coverart from AMG with aTagger, i can from Kingspartas new coverart plugin.
I can see the coverart is dl'ed in the plugin, it just wont save. I have a clean 11.1 install on this machine.

can anyone confirm this?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2005, 10:15:17 pm »

Coverart saves fine for me with the latest build of MC.
The outstanding bug that I have with the plugin is that while it will save the coverart it downloads, it saves it in c:\program files\j river\media center\data\cover art.
It should be saving it as folder.jpg files in the folders with the song files.
It's ignoring the configuration settings within MC.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2005, 10:30:13 pm »

atagger on MC 11 on my workstation works fine, its just on my laptop running 11.1 without innstalling 11 first i have this problem. Coverart is not found by MC after running atagger, or saved in tags.

Errorlog:
"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Log started at 05:25 on 26.12.2005
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
aTagger Version is 1.3.2
Tagging mode enabled -- Tags will be updated.
Processing 13 songs...
Processing artist: "16 Horsepower"  album artist: "16 Horsepower"  album: "Low Estate"  track #: 1  song: Brimstone Rock
        Image: None *** Different ***
        *ERROR*: Unable to get Image tag.
        *ERROR*: SaveToTag() failed.
    aTagger Status: Processing Error
"

Hope this can be fixed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up