INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 10 hangs when Converting Format  (Read 608 times)

tanzbodeli

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC 10 hangs when Converting Format
« on: August 10, 2005, 01:14:20 pm »

I have MC 10.0.173, and have been having problems when using  the Convert Format feature.

I have the MP3 Encoder plugin, version 2.0.60 (which is odd since the latest version shown on the MC plugin website, shows 2.0.58 as the latest, uploaded just yesterday)

I have several audio books that I originally ripped at 128 bitrate (mp3), but due to space reasons I wanted to convert them to 64 bitrate.

So I went in and did a "select all" on all my 128 bitrate audio book files and went to Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Convert Format and set the options to convert to MP3, 64kbps

When I came back to check on the process, it had successfully converted 100 files or so, but seemed to be "hung" on a particular file.  No error message, just stopped somewhere in the middle.  So I clicked on the "Stop" button and tried to convert that file individually.  It "hung" at the same spot. 

So I tried to convert it again, except this time I changed a miniscule setting in the Encoding tab of the Convert Tool.  I changed the "Quality" to "Highspeed" from "Normal" in the Advanced Options.  For whatever reason, changing this allowed the file to be converted successfully.

So I began doing batch conversions again, and it hung up after about 50 files.  I went through the same process above to continue, and everytime I did this, the number of files that were converted before the "hang up" became smaller, until finally on the 3rd file, it started hanging. 

I tried restarting MC, and my computer but it is now "stuck" at hanging on about the 2nd or 3rd file in my conversion list.

Not sure what to do at this point.  Any ideas out there?

thanks,

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up