INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win TV Nova-T PCI  (Read 1677 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Win TV Nova-T PCI
« on: August 30, 2005, 04:43:24 pm »

Hi... I'm currently setting up my media center PC with MC and am running into problems with this TV card. I know you dont actually support this card yet however my friend has one installed in his PC running WindowsMC and this works fine with the J River software. I am running XPHome and cannot get it to work. Whenever I click on the Digital TV tab in the settings it closes the settings window.

Any clues?? Would just like to be able to use my TV card with MC... ;)

Thanks

Chris

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Win TV Nova-T PCI
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 09:12:45 am »

There appear to be a bug.  The settings window disappears when clicking Digital TV tab while no supported digital device exists. I have seen this behavior when there is no digital device at all. 

The only supported digital TV card is ATI HDTV Wonder card. If you do not have ATI HDTV Wonder, do not click Digital TV tab.

I wonder how your friend got it to work.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Re: Win TV Nova-T PCI
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:48:22 am »

He's not really sure... actually he is a little computer illiterate so it can't have been difficult ;)
Any chances that this card will be supported soon? It does use BDA  and most other software plays (quite) nicely with it. Unfortunately other software isnt quite nice to play with :(
Cant get GBPVR to work at all without it crashing every 10 mins... grr.... and the Hauppage software is horrible! I have tried many things but nothing is as nice as MC! Oh well... I suppose I'll just have to play a waiting game... hehee!

Thanks anyway.... Chris :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up