INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea for Ratings System  (Read 1122 times)

AvantPunk

• nothing more to say...
Idea for Ratings System
« on: October 07, 2005, 05:38:55 pm »

I've been using MJ/MC for years (since version 4.x) and have yet to find anything near as good for my purposes.  I'm using MC 11 now, and have an idea for an improvement - at least, it would help me out a lot.  I think the 5-star rating system is a little limiting, and would love to see the capability to either use a 10-star sysem, or (and this is what I prefer) to be able to give half-stars.  I have a lot of songs that I would love to give a better rating than 4, but that don't quite rate a 5.  It would be great to be able to give them a 4.5  How about it?

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Re: Idea for Ratings System
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 09:44:53 pm »

I can understand your point, but I personally only use four of the five stars.
1 star: not used
2 stars: songs I don't care to ever hear (remixes)
3 stars: album tracks
4 stars: "hits" and very good album tracks
5 stars: songs I just can't get enough of.  ;D

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:10:45 am »

The half star idea comes up many times and i have had the same dilemma you mention quite often.

The simplest way i can think of to implement this, is to have an extra click that would toggle between a full & half star.  So one click gives a full star as usual, an extra click makes it half and if you are not happy at a lter time, click again to get the full star back.

But then i bet some ppl might find this behavior annoying.

SO how bout this compromise, you can only assign half ratings from the action window via the drop down menu.

johnnyboy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 08:47:10 am »

what I would find even more useful than this would be to just have 'rating' as a data type so that I could create my own rating fields that automatically used the stars so I could do 'Album Rating' etc or whatever I wanted and it would display the field using stars.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 01:11:00 am »

Does the iPod or iTunes support half stars ?

If not i think the chance of it happening in MC, until they do is improbable.

What happens when people transfer half rated tracks to the ipod and find it wont display properly ?

You can set up a custom field that will do this in MC (albeit without stars), but if you need to have those ratings in the iPod as well, it won't work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up