INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending one output to two sound devices?  (Read 5641 times)

tomgrossi

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Sending one output to two sound devices?
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:17:09 am »

Hi.  Is there any way to send one zone's output to multiple sound devices, simultaneously.  Specifically, what I want to do is to send a stereo output to an ASIO device with channel offsets *both* 2 and 4 so I get indentical outputs on both sets of channels but still have independent control of their volumes in my soundcard.   Another way to accomplish this would be to have two zones that are *permanently* synchronized.  Is there a way to do that instead?  Any ideas?  Thanks.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Re: Sending one output to two sound devices?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 10:53:39 am »

Hi.  Is there any way to send one zone's output to multiple sound devices, simultaneously.  Specifically, what I want to do is to send a stereo output to an ASIO device with channel offsets *both* 2 and 4 so I get indentical outputs on both sets of channels but still have independent control of their volumes in my soundcard.   Another way to accomplish this would be to have two zones that are *permanently* synchronized.  Is there a way to do that instead?  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Actually, I really need this also. I have one zone routed to my sound card's SPDIF output which is connected to my home theater DSP. The second zone is routed to my card's analog out - which is connected to the whole house audio system. This would be a VERY useful feature. For example, say a zone 3 would be a permenant sync of zone 1&2.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
Re: Sending one output to two sound devices?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:12 am »

any way to do this now (in 2009) ?   does Asio4All help, or can JRiver do this natively now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up