INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE and Devices  (Read 706 times)

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
APE and Devices
« on: October 01, 2002, 03:02:20 am »

I'm preparing for MJ's iPod support.

I'm also starting to save my CDs in APE format as I like the idea of lossless.  (Just one so far).

I've never used MJ to move music to a device.  Will it automatically handle APE (or whatever) to MP3 conversion or do my files have to the MP3 to start with.  If its the latter I suspect I'll stop doing the APE for awhile as I don't want a two step conversion or storing files on disk in two formats.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JeffB

• World Citizen
Re: APE and Devices
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 05:47:49 am »

I would also like to know this.  I have a TEAC Beatman that plays 8cm Mp3 CDs, but all my music is in APE.  Is there a way to have MJ convert the APEs to Mp3 and burn on the fly instead of doing it in multiple steps like I am doing now?

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 05:58:12 am »

TimB,

When transferring files to a Portabale Device or to a CD, you can do conversions on the fly. The process is similar in both cases. Try looking at Tools->Convert Format->Options and you will get to see how this works.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 06:35:46 am »

It is definitely possible to burn the APE files straight to CD as I did it yesterday!!  MJ says preparing for each track before it burns which is where the conversion is done to turn it back into a wav then when all the converting is done it burns the converted files to CD.  Not sure whther the process is the same when sending to a portable however...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up