INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 question on multi-CD ripping and file management  (Read 686 times)

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC11 question on multi-CD ripping and file management
« on: November 03, 2005, 02:00:22 pm »

If I have two or three dvd-rw's nstalled in a pc and want to re-rip my entire collection of around 2k CD's, how many players can I use simultaneously using MC11.1.41? 
Or, can I use Windows media player and another program with MC and assign each program one of the Players and all rip to the same parent folder on the system? 
What issues might I encounter? 

Also, is there a way to point MC to a different music database for looking up missing album info?

Does MC stick all the album art in one folder where I can delete it all if want and have MC rebuild/retrieve it (hopfully correctly this time)?  If I do, can I have it only create one size of thumb?  Can I delete the thumbs from my image library and still view them in my audio library?  Same question almost, but can I delete movies which show up in both the audio and video views due to their extention from one and still execute it from the other (delete from audio and keep in video)?

I have had MC analyze all my music to add peak and album gain.  I assume that when I sync to my nomad zen that those properties transfer with it, but they don't seem to.   This suck for me as I can only use one EAX function at a time and I currently need to be able to use both "smart volume" to acheive the same volume for each song and "Custom EQ" for better sound.  This problem is why I am considering the month long prospect of reripping my entire library, re-EQing each song (somehow and hopefully by batch) and remastering them into MP3, WMV or (?).  Any suggestions to avoid all that work?

xsivfun1
Thx,

1 xsivfun1
Pages: [1]   Go Up