INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IBM Thinkpad T41 Center Scroll Not Working w/ MC  (Read 2341 times)

VOLFAN

• Recent member
IBM Thinkpad T41 Center Scroll Not Working w/ MC
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:57:26 pm »

My center scroll key doesn't work with MC 11.  Please help.  Works fine with other applications.

BTW, I absolutely love MC - it works flawlessly with my 27K+ library. Will purchase soon!  Awesome job!

Also, some of the TIVO discussions are somewhat dated.  Are DirecTV TIVO2 players and MC still working together properly? Been reading some discussions regarding the HMO feature and somewhat confused.  Considering cable to sat upgrade soon. Any tips or hints appreciated.  :)

Thanks,
Jim
<><

VOLFAN

• Recent member
Re: IBM Thinkpad T41 Center Scroll Not Working w/ MC
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:00:57 pm »

Anyone?

I would really like to purchase this product before my trial expires.  However, not being able to utilize the center scrolling feature within MC11 causes too much frustration.

Center scroll key works with all other installed applications on my computer. 

Please help! 

Thanks!

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 07:09:22 pm »

When you indicate "center scroll key", exactly what are you referring to?

The pointer button in the center of the keypad?  Or the blue "mouse" button below the spacebar?

I have a TP41.  Neither the scroll feature of the touchpad nor the scroll feature of the pointer button with the center mouse key works.  Then again I don't use these features with MC so I never really noticed it.  I typically use the scrollbars - usually grabbing the bar and dragging to the appropriate location.

VOLFAN

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 08:45:04 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

The blue center scroll below the spacebar. 
I use the center "pointer" with my right index finger and my right thumb to scroll. For me, it's much easier to navigate a web page / applications, etc.  Try it out.

I had this same problem in another program a couple of years ago but cannot remember how to fix it.  I believe it's a registry setting?  I'll try searching google and IBM forums too.  I just thought a senior member here (programmer) may be able to provide a quick solution.

Thanks again for your help. :)

Jim
<><

VOLFAN

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 09:38:58 pm »

Found it! 

I searched an OLD OLD forum post on thinkpads.com.  I can't believe my login still worked!

Here is the fix -

Find following files (I give locations for UltraNav driver 7.5.17.10, but they might be different; use search function with system folders and hidden files included to be sure you find them):
c:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\tp4table.dat
c:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Media\TP4TABLE.dat
c:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Media\TP4SCROL.dat

Open them with Notepad and put following line as first just after "Pass 0 rules" header:
*,*,itunes.exe,*,*,*,WheelStd,0,9

Your .dat files should look like that after the modification:

...some description here...
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Pass 0 rules (These rules run first)
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

*,*,itunes.exe,*,*,*,WheelStd,0,9

; Windows IE3 patch for 2 button systems

...further definitions....

Reboot. Scrolling will work with iTunes.

I am not sure if it is necessary to modify all 3 files, you may try if you have time.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Jim
<><

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:43:43 pm »

Thanks - I'll have to make a note of this.  thinkpads.com is a great resource. . .

I use the scroll features often (but not with MC), though I find the touchpad easier.  Its probably from commuting on a train - it's harder to use the pointer button accurately than the touchpad when the train is bouncing around all the time!

VOLFAN

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 09:53:22 pm »

Shady,

Yeah, I bet the touchpad is much easier on a train for sure. 

I am really impressed with MC so far.  The depth is unbelievable!  I'm really wanting to test the Tivo server once I switch from cable to sat. (next month).  Have you used the Tivo server?

Do you use your pointer at all?  I need some new rubber guards?? pretty bad.  Any suggestions ... and ... do you know the right name?  I don't even know the proper search term.  "Rubber Thingy's for a T41"  doesn't work too good in Google, it keeps taking me to pRon sites to place my order. hehe  :)  ;)

Bimmer...nick or your car?

Later

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 08:58:10 pm »

Do you use your pointer at all?  I need some new rubber guards?? pretty bad.  Any suggestions ... and ... do you know the right name?  I don't even know the proper search term.  "Rubber Thingy's for a T41"  doesn't work too good in Google, it keeps taking me to pRon sites to place my order. hehe  :)  ;)
Try a froogle search for 'trackpoint cap'.  I do use the trackpoint but end up using the touchpad more.  I use IBM rack-mount keyboards with the pointer button ("trackpoint") and yes they do in fact wear out.  There are three slightly different styles - one is almost completely flat another is rounded, and the third is actually indented.  You should be able to find a package of six fro about $10.

Bimmer...nick or your car?
That would be the planet-surface transport vehicle :)

VOLFAN

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:18 pm »

Thanks for the info on the pointer!  I'll get some tomorrow.

That would be the planet-surface transport vehicle
Hehe - I'll have to use that one!  Just sold a 2000 540i-6speed...sweeeeet car!  Planning to start a family so the wife wanted a Sequoia.  I know, I know but she holds the keys to my sanity ... if you know what I mean.  ;)

3 or 5 series? 

L8tr,
Jim

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:44 pm »

Planning to start a family so the wife wanted a Sequoia. 
Also known as a "Sasquatch" :)  Most folks don't realize Toyota makes rather nice (and tough) "trucks".  A Sequoia will destroy anything Ford has hands-down (Accleration, braking, emergency handling, fuel economy, and luxury features)

3 or 5 series? 
That would be a 330Ci sport premium for now.  I had serial # 1810 for the 3 series originally (the very first delivered on Long Island) but another clueless driver decided it should no longer be driveable :(   If the 6 were available at the time I likely would have chosen that - I'm still single and a four-dour sedan just doesn't quite fit yet :)

VOLFAN

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 10:01:16 pm »

Yep, we like the Sequoia.  I've had two other Toys and been very satisified. 

As for Ford...Found On Road Dead. lol.  I had a conversation with my brother this past Sat. We were talking about how GM is in such bad shape and how they totally missed me and my generation. 

I'm 38, and I can't remember a Ford or GM car that I really wanted in my twenties.  Maybe a Corvette, but who could afford a Corvette at 20?   

Nice ride!  Too bad about the other driver!

I have to be very careful with my "road rage".  I drive a lot and the ppl driving 40mph in the fast lane while talking on the cell phone absolutely drives me up the wall!   Don't get me wrong, I'm on a cell phone all day long ... Just not in the fast lane driving 40!

I was trying to post a couple of bimmer pics for ya, but I can't figure out how?  Do I have to post a link to them?

As for the four door... Totally understand.  But you seriously need to drive a 540i -  you will never be the same!  Trust me, ignore the 38 - I still like going fast!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up