INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can not see Mp4 files under the Drives & Devices window..why?  (Read 1397 times)

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
I can not see Mp4 files under the Drives & Devices window..why?
« on: January 15, 2006, 04:12:48 pm »

I am unable to see mp4 files when I browse to where I have the file on my hard drive.  It does not show up.  Why is this?  I am using MC 11.1.99.  Can someone tell me why I can not see these files?

Thanks,

BD6675

cantona

Re: I can not see Mp4 files under the Drives & Devices window..why?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:36 pm »

I've got exactly the same problem? When I try to import a .mp4 file "Robbie Williams live @ Live8" for example MC 11.1.99 doesn't recognise the file and won't import it.

When I try drag the file from it's original folder into the "Drop files here" box and synchronize MC ads the file to my audio files. I can see the file name in the "video folder" on my Ipod but it won't play.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I synchronize my Ipod with my Media Library al the lose songs from everyalbum on the Ipod are also shown in the "Video/movie" folder on the Ipod?

Can anybody help me with these problems? Is this still a bug?
It says in the forum that the video issue is fixed with MC 11.1.99 but I haven't read any thread in the forum which indicates that this is true?

Krgds,
Cantona

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:21:34 pm »

JRiver acknowleges that they are still working on iPod video support.  I have seen the same issues that you bring up.  MC does not work well with mp4 files yet.  It will not import them, but you can drag and drop them into MC.  Also, if you have playlist that contains audio as well as an mp4, that whole playlist, including the audio files will show up on the iPod under video playlists.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 07:36:16 am »

I've used MP4 files a lot on several PC's in the last few days and I've discovered some very strange things.

These were all video files, some converted from other formats with Xilisoft Video Convertor or with ffmpegx on a Mac.  Two of the files are in this podcast: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33089.0

These files would not play on two of my PC's, using latest versions of MC, even though some had been playable several days ago.  They would play find on several other PC's in the office.

On my PC's, they would not even play in Quicktime.  Both PC's are Sony VAIO's and both had the latest version of QT.  Either might have been related to the problem.

Oddly, I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling MC, removing the registry entries during uninstall, and reinstall MC.  Then the files worked in QT and in MC.

We'll try to discover more about this, but something very strange is going on.
'
Pages: [1]   Go Up