INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions about tags & view schemes  (Read 1999 times)

jacoblo33

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
A few questions about tags & view schemes
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:03:07 pm »

Hello. After a bunch of searching I have decided to make my own post and finally to get the issues solved. I am right now trying to decide whether or not to buy this piece of software...

1. What tags do MC use? Most tags seem to be correct, but for example Coldplay - Parachute uses id3v1 instead of the id3v2. In this case the v2 are the correct ones and I would assume that MC uses them, but that didn't happen. Anyway to fix this? That MC uses v2 instead?

2. Anyway to make a scheme that has an artist listing but only for artists with at least X number of songs. Have several hundreds of artists with a few songs and wants them to be excluded from that list...

3. In the latest version (11.1.102) the media buttons up to the right seem to have changed. When I click on Audio, it changes focus to Audio while Video and Images still remain in the left pane. Anyway to get this back to the old way, so that when I press the Audio mode, only audio shows up?

4. Can I edit the left pane and remove things such as TV Tuner that I don't need?

5. When I customize the view to show Album Thumbnails, is there anyway to make a click open the album and view that rather than start playing the whole album?

Some of them might be simple things that I have missed. New to program and trying to learn it...

Thanks,

Jacob

jacoblo33

• Recent member
Re: A few questions about tags & view schemes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:06:46 pm »

And also, how often do the software update? Basically around when is version 12 suppose to be out?

Not that much fun paying $40 now and having to update for $26 in a few months...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 04:08:39 pm »

And also, how often do the software update? Basically around when is version 12 suppose to be out?
At least six months.  Maybe a year.

jacoblo33

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 04:11:23 pm »

No plans of allowing customers buy the program + lifetime updates or anything like that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 04:14:50 pm »

The options for purchase are all on this page:

www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

jacoblo33

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 04:17:19 pm »

Didn't answer my question about the future upgrades suscription?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 04:36:50 pm »

There aren't any lifetime offers.

jacoblo33

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 04:41:44 pm »

Alright...

What about the other questions? Any suggestions for those?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 05:27:13 am »

2. Anyway to make a scheme that has an artist listing but only for artists with at least X number of songs. Have several hundreds of artists with a few songs and wants them to be excluded from that list...

4. Can I edit the left pane and remove things such as TV Tuner that I don't need?
No, on these

5. When I customize the view to show Album Thumbnails, is there anyway to make a click open the album and view that rather than start playing the whole album?
Click on thumbnail->Right Click->Locate->Album

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 06:17:01 am »

1. What tags do MC use? Most tags seem to be correct, but for example Coldplay - Parachute uses id3v1 instead of the id3v2. In this case the v2 are the correct ones and I would assume that MC uses them, but that didn't happen. Anyway to fix this? That MC uses v2 instead?

For MP3 files it uses ID3v2 and ID3v1. By default MC reads and writes them (The Plug-in Manager has some options). ID3v2 has priority when info is read, because it can contain more data. I guess your file has corrupted ID3v2 tags. You can see what physical tags MC can access in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info. What happens if you correct the missing or wrong info in the appropriate field inside MC? Will the Action Window display show the corrected info?

If this does not fix the problem you could send a sample to JRiver. Usually Matt has asked people to mail the file samples: matt AT jriver.com (replace AT with @)

I don't think so, but e.g. the TV Tuner is under Drives & Devices. You don't have to usually keep Drives and Devices open after you have imported the media files to the library.

Not exactly by using the old Album Thumbnails list style, but MC11.1 has excellent new viewing options. This one changes the file list according to the selection:

I think you may want to try the "Show Files At Bottom" option in the "Options" drop-down menu:

EDIT

If you see thumbnails at bottom, right-click that screen part, select "Customize Current View..." and adjust the List Style to show the details.

More information:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30574.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30641.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30774.0

EDIT

In september we had this discussion: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29607.0
As you can see now, my dream of the new browsing system actually came true.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jacoblo33

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 09:55:28 am »

After a little bit of experimenting it turns out that the tags must be somewhat wrong. Strange, as they show up correct and are made in Tag&Rename like the rest of my mp3s.

But in MC it shows up as
ID3v2 Tag: (0 bytes)
and the v2 tags appear empty in Winamp as well. So guess I have to go through my whole collection again :)

The viewing option you mentioned is great. Also gives me the Play and Files options that appeared from nowhere. Not exactly what I want, but will work and think I will like it just as much once I get used to it.

You don't happen to know how to get an Audio Only mode and disable video, documents etc...? Will never use them in MC anyway and want it as clean as possible...

A BIG Thanks for the answer and great help =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up