INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.108 Release Candidate  (Read 10493 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.108 Release Candidate
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:48:53 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111108.exe

11.1.108 (01/27/06)

1. Changed: Updated the version of the installer's self-executing file extractor.  May fix false alarms from virus / spyware programs.
2. Optimized: In-place editing is now much faster to switch between items with large lists.
3. Fixed: Some asx streams weren't playing if they were served up by php scripting.
4. Changed: Some tweaks that could fix offset tree drag images. (not able to reproduce)
5. Fixed: Dragging onto a non-item area in a tree control would show as enabled where it should be disabled.
6. Changed: Moved the "Auto-eject" option from "Device Management" to the root of handheld options. (only available for an iPod)
7. NEW: When MC detects a handheld, it allows the user to name the device when saying whether MC should recognize it.
8. Fixed: Editing the search box in a smartlist wouldn't always update the file list right away.
9. Fixed: "Play All" from Windows Explorer now works (may affect anything that sends multiple commands to MC from externally).
10. Fixed: Tree nodes were not expanding correctly.
11. Fixed: It was possible to add a page to Podcast favorites, and be unable to remove it.
12. Fixed: Some Podcast font sizes, text and messages were made consistent with the rest of the program.

11.1.107 (01/26/05)

1. Fixed: Podcast favorites were not displayed properly at top-of-page, and were not set correctly.
2. Changed: Auto-complete edit controls cap at a lower number of items to help in-place editing performance.
3. Fixed: Having more than 2 GB of thumbnails could still cause issues in some cases.
4. Changed: In-place editing filters the all choices list to the media type of the selected files. (instead of the full library)
5. Fixed: 3D image slideshow visualizations were crashing.
6. Changed: When setting Media Center to play the last playlist on startup, image playback now starts in slideshow mode instead of paused.
7. Fixed: In some cases, thumbnails would fail to be created for files as expected after viewing 3D visualizations.
8. Fixed: Input plugins that output 32-bit sound or 5.1 sound could make occasional clicking noises.
9. Changed: New artwork for header of file downloading view.
10. Changed: Files with DTS extension are played using DirectShow instead of WAVE plugin.
11. Fixed: The podcast delete button sometimes deleted episodes, not podcasts.
12. Fixed: Audible files could not be burned to CD.
13. Changed: Podcasts have moved back to the root of the tree, just below the media types.
14. Fixed: Erasing CD/RW disks resulted in a crash.
15. Fixed: Dragging tree items could produce a drag image that was offset a little.
16. Changed: Dragging tree items provides a better looking alpha drag image. (no more red / pink borders around icons)
17. Optimized: Improved performance of logging system.
18. Fixed: Importing files could use more memory than expected. (introduced in 102)
19. Fixed: Removed the "Select" option from Theater View's Playing Now as it didn't work or make logical sense.

11.1.106 (01/25/06)

1. Fixed: APE encoder options would allow typing in the quality selection box.
2. Changed: Clarified the message shown when trying to transfer duplicate files to a handheld.
3. Changed: Library tree root items can be dragged. (allows simple drag-n-drop playback, playlist creation, etc. of all Audio, Images, etc.)
4. Changed: Renamed "Download Progress" Action Window to "Download".
5. Changed: Handheld upload progress Action Window shows "2.3 hours remaining" or similar for long times instead of "138 minutes remaining".
6. Optimized: Many optimizations resulting in faster and more responsive behavior when adding many files to a handheld sync and when starting the sync.
7. Fixed: When doing multiple MP3 conversions at once during a handheld upload when the encoder was not yet fully installed would cause one of the encode processes to fail.
8. Optimized: Clicking "Cancel" during an upload now operates more quickly.
9. Changed: "Redetect Devices..." no longer available when configuring a specific handheld. (could cause a crash)
10. Changed: Handheld views are forced to report style so that status / upload progress can be properly displayed.
11. Fixed: After formatting a device, the UI would not update until leaving the handheld view and returning.
12. Optimized: Increased performance in thumbnail and handheld lists when updating list items for thumbnail / status changes.
13. Fixed: Changes to columns, sorting, etc. for playlist views would not take effect right away after using "Customize Current View".
14. Changed: The file list below a library tile list uses independent settings from the file list in the panes view.
15. Changed: Switched "Show list" to "Details" in all Action Windows.
16. Changed: Updated "Downloaded Podcasts" icon in the tree.
17. Changed: Removed the border from the Podcasts web view.
18. Changed: Podcast Feed view headers snap to their ideal size each time they're shown, just like any other view with a header.
19. Changed: Added a "Reset Beacon" button to the TiVo Options dialog.
20. Fixed: Audio CD burning with replay gain set to "album based" rather than "track based" resulted in silent tracks.
21. Fixed: Audio files (Audible for example) that completed downloading failed to start playing.
22. New: MC will try to play AC3 and DTS audio files.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
OneClick Podcast subscription
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.108 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:46:10 pm »

4. Changed: Some tweaks that could fix offset tree drag images. (not able to reproduce)

Still not right here, but no worries if it's a minority probem!

11.1 Looks good to me :-)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:05:35 am »

Are date ranges broken?

My smartlist with [date imported]=7d-30d no longer shows any results, though [date imported]=<30d lists files which were imported less than 30 days ago and I can see some which were imported between 7 and 30 days ago and which should be caught by the original statement above.

Cheers,

Mark

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 03:19:08 am »

image editor still not preserving <MJMD> tags - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30959.msg213062#msg213062

Persistant selection causes problems.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30241.0

what's the official line on this one? I'm not sure how others feel, but it feels uncomfortable to me and constantly interupts my workflow requiring me to scroll away down to the bottom of the list to find that blank bit to click in to get to the "none selected" state. (a ctrl+a followed by a ctrl+shift+a gets me there too, but is still a fudge)
I've also worked out why it feels wierd, and is potentially dangerous....

filter to the right via panes, select a file or two in the list, now click 'all' in any pane to the left. the previously selected files remain selected. (not expected)

if any other filtering via the panes include those files, the selection remains, but land one that doesn't, and the selection reverts back to all selected, and if no other files are selected, clicking 'all' to the left really does mean 'all' with no files selected.

perhaps I'm missing the point somewhere, when exactly would this kind of persistant selection be useful?

when typing into the search bar, if the cursor is not kept inside the search box, then focus is lost. Need to get the mouse and click again in the search box to be able to continue typing.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 06:28:03 am »

iPod:
I can't transfer albums purchased at iTunes MusicStore. MC tells me that the file type isn't supported ?

Gany

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 08:06:36 am »

This was a quite annoying import problem - took me about 2 hours to sort it out.

Tried to import a number of images into MC11.1.108. The first time they were in the "Recently imported" playlist, but not visible in media library. Subsequent importings always displayed "0 files imported". I reasoned that the files had to be somewhere in the media library, although I did not see them anywhere. The old root of media library was handy for such cases.

So I set up a new view scheme without any restrictions and voilà, the missing newly imported files did show up in this new view scheme.

Comparing the old and the new view scheme I found the culprit: The feature "Honor parent scheme search strings" in the view scheme definition table.  If it is set in the root image view scheme, then new imports are not displayed, if unset then newly imported files will be displayed.

This may be a remnant when view schemes were under the main media library scheme, but right now at the top level it does not make any sense except creating unneccesary confusion to old users like me and probably even more to new users. So you better correct that! It makes definitely sense for view schemes below the root scheme.

Also, in the past when we wanted to update media library, we simply could click on media library and all data got updated. In this sense this is not possible any longer.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 09:26:23 am »

Handheld and playlist-only syncing (no files to upload, just playlist changes) is still not working (for the last 4 or 5 builds).  I've reported this multiple times and happens with Dell DJ and iPod Nano playlist syncing.

Basically, I have 3 plain, simple playlists that I sync with each handheld device.  If I make a change (delete a single track from a playlist) while the handheld is connected, MC doesn't figure out a sync is needed.  If I unplug the handheld and plug it back in, MC figures out it needs to sync the playlist(s) and that 0 files need to be uploaded.  Then, you click on the Sync button and MC does nothing (no syncing) and MC still says syncing is needed (on Dell DJ especially, sometimes it does work with Nano).  But, if you at least force a condition where one files must  be uploaded (delete a track off handheld), the playlists upload fine (sync up).

Back a few releases ago when playlist syncing was finally fixed with Dell DJ (WMDM devices), this all worked pretty darn good.  Now, since some tweaks in 104 or later (I think), it's all gone to 'pot' since then.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 09:44:20 am »

Are date ranges broken?

My smartlist with [date imported]=7d-30d no longer shows any results, though [date imported]=<30d lists files which were imported less than 30 days ago and I can see some which were imported between 7 and 30 days ago and which should be caught by the original statement above.

Cheers,

Mark

This seems to be working for me.  I tried playing with the "Imported This Month" default smartlist. 

This search showed the pictures my wife took last night:
[Date Imported]=0d-2d

Could there be something else going on in that smartlist?  Maybe try to simplify it.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 10:47:37 am »

Hi Matt,

I just updated to 108 (was on 102) and it works again.  Sorry  :-[

Mark

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 11:36:36 am »

The "auto complete" feature for tagging is saying "too many items to list" - what is the limit? Can it be easily raised a bit? Thanks. John.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 11:59:36 am »

I'm still having problems with iPod photos.  Please take a look here for more details.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31324.new#new
pretend this is something funny

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 12:23:27 pm »

9. Fixed: "Play All" from Windows Explorer now works (may affect anything that sends multiple commands to MC from externally).
It of changed there nothing at home: the bug is always there.  :(

11. Fixed: It was possible to add a page to Podcast favorites, and be unable to remove it.
5. Fixed: 3D image slideshow visualizations were crashing.

It's OK for me! ;) Thank !

The use of the key [Return] (above [ENTER]) is impossible with the plug-ins: for example with “What I' m Listening To” if I want to modify the text, no correction is possible…  :(

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 01:13:57 pm »

After initializing my iPod from within MC, if I then click on the handheld option in the AW, it calcualtes that I'm way over capacity.  It's not recognizing that it just wiped out all the data, and it's now blank.  I have to exit MC and re-open it for it to calculate this info correctly.
pretend this is something funny

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 06:33:45 pm »

I just setup new Shuttle SN25P with AMD FX55 and XP PRO 64bit OS. Downloaded and installed latest build of MC (11.1.108). I am now having one big problem: not all cover art is being displayed with associated music tracks.

To set up MC 11.1 on new Shuttle I:

1. Copied all music files from my main computer to new Shuttle.
2. Imported library backup file from main computer to new Shuttle.
3. Did a find and replace for drive "E:" and replaced with "G:" so that all music tracks would be correctly found on new computer location (G:).
4. Copied over entire "Cover Art" folder and files to new computer and placed in default location that new install of MC 11.1.108 showed as the default path to cover art (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Cover Art ).

When I look at each track's info in the MC11 library, the filname paths and the image file paths are all correct, but not all of the Albums and tracks display cover art when playing or when moving the mouse over any individual track. The randomness has me puzzled.

Is the a problem with build 108 or XP Pro 64? I don't want to use up a restore license to register MC11.1 on this computer until I get the cover art displaying properly in MC 11.1.108.  Any ideas?

Media Center 11.1.108 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2605 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1509 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-108    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

rendier

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 06:51:35 pm »

Hi,

when I'm viewing a slideshow while playing music, MC freezes everytime the picture changes to the next one.  It does not respond until the next picture is up.

I'm on "playing now" - a split view with pics on top and songs on the bottom.

Cheers
reinier

Media Center Registered 11.1.108 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3197 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-6500A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 10:51:18 pm »

[F2] (or Double Click w/ Pause) tag editing no longer fully selects the entire field on fields that have "too many items to list".  The cursor is put to the front of the field now, with no text selected.

Dragyn

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 01:59:03 am »

draging files onto the player window shows the importing popup. However, viewing these files in Playing now .. they are shown as non-imported

also I noticed when iimporting ape/apl files (dragging).. you can't import them. it always has the non-imported icon. so are the really imported? I don't know.. mainly the ones with file names as ape;#

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 06:42:49 am »

MobyFrag, what Language are you using?
If in .NET have you tried over-riding WndProc?
If in C++ You should be able to catch it in the main message loop.
Been working with this alot recently  :)
It would be nice to be able to stop MC handling key events in a plugin tho.

I use C++ with MS Visual C++ 2005 (Express Edition). That, within the framework of my IT studies.
My various software installed requires .NET Framework 1.1 AND 2.0. Can that pose problems?
I am thus for the moment that a “beginner”…
I agree with you for It would be nice to be able to stop MC handling key [...]

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 10:42:42 am »

Minor Bug:  Choosing Auto-eject "On Close" from Handheld ettings actually ejects after sync, at least for my iPod Nano.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 11:50:42 am »

1. Changed: Updated the version of the installer's self-executing file extractor.  May fix false alarms from virus / spyware programs.
That Helps Works Good Now
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 11:56:06 am »

When Microsoft's one care firewall blocks a new install of MC the start page does not update when u tell the firewall it is ok.

MC browser windows states "This feature requires a internet connection" there is no way to allow it to grab the page unless i click on something in the tree and then go back to the "Start" page.

not sure if that could be fixed unless you test for the internet connection and then update the page when it fins a internet connection.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Dragyn

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »

hmm.. importing last night. still was importing when I got up. noticed it only was doing 10 files a sec. is that normal?

anyway, went to cancel, and after a bit .. an out of memory error showed. (it wasn't doing the thumbnails).

went to check the log file finding out it was over a GB.

maybe it's the logging? I'll try again with it off.

AMD Unknown 1807 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1551 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive H: TOSHIBA  CD/DVDW SD-R5372   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 04:49:02 pm »

Hi!

I just tried to burn AAC files, but that was not very succesfull.
MC started decoding the files but never reached more than 0%, no error message or crash - just nothing happened.
MC uses ffdshow dec 21.2005 and Haali Media splitter vers. 1.6.49. Playback is not a problem.

any suggestions or anybody else having this issue?

greetz

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 07:07:54 pm »

Sometime since 11.1.091 (sorry haven't tested any since .091) Fast Forward /Rewind have stopped working properly from my remote control.

In .091, if I hold the FF or REW button down MC will continue to FF or REW through the music (what I'd expect).

With this version (and .106) holding down FF/REW does nothing, MC skips a few seconds then just continues to play.

(I use Girder 4 to send the standard Keyboard commands for FF/REW, and it was working fine in 11.1.091 )

Richard 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 09:46:24 pm »

Hi!

I just tried to burn AAC files, but that was not very succesfull.
MC started decoding the files but never reached more than 0%, no error message or crash - just nothing happened.
MC uses ffdshow dec 21.2005 and Haali Media splitter vers. 1.6.49. Playback is not a problem.

any suggestions or anybody else having this issue?

greetz

There is a problem with burning. We are working on it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 03:23:00 am »

I just setup new Shuttle SN25P with AMD FX55 and XP PRO 64bit OS. Downloaded and installed latest build of MC (11.1.108). I am now having one big problem: not all cover art is being displayed with associated music tracks.
I am having a similar problem on a Shuttle ST61G4 and (less) on a Shuttle SN25P. However, I have my default location to folder.jpg in the same directory. Clearing the cover art (and saying "no" to erase from hard disk), then Quick Find in Directory has generally helped, but some cover art is still mysteriously disappearing.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 08:16:51 am »

Still got the long, annoying MC pause/lockup at MC startup.  Started with MC 11.1 (not in 11.0).  It appears to be enumerating handhelds or something.  I think you are aware of this problem.  WMP 10 does NOT have the pause/lockup.  The lockup is usually between 10 and 20 seconds.  During this time MC is unresponsive and you can't click on anything in MC (menus, tree nodes, etc.).  I have no (none, zero) handhelds or USB devices plugged-in during this problem.  Again, it does ***NOT*** happen with WMP 10 (so, probably not WMDM-support related).

Sample debug log:
[2428] 0002313: Handheld: MCC_REENUM_PORTABLE_DEVICES: Start
[2428] 0012891: Handheld: MCC_REENUM_PORTABLE_DEVICES: Finish (10578 ms)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 09:47:22 am »

Still got the long, annoying MC pause/lockup at MC startup.  Started with MC 11.1 (not in 11.0).  It appears to be enumerating handhelds or something.  I think you are aware of this problem.  WMP 10 does NOT have the pause/lockup.  The lockup is usually between 10 and 20 seconds.  During this time MC is unresponsive and you can't click on anything in MC (menus, tree nodes, etc.).  I have no (none, zero) handhelds or USB devices plugged-in during this problem.  Again, it does happen with WMP 10 (so, probably not WMDM-support related).

Sample debug log:
[2428] 0002313: Handheld: MCC_REENUM_PORTABLE_DEVICES: Start
[2428] 0012891: Handheld: MCC_REENUM_PORTABLE_DEVICES: Finish (10578 ms)

Try unplugging any memory card readers or IR devices.  Also, try Windows Update.

That chunk of code is straight-forward WMDM enumeration, which is a Windows-level thing.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 10:30:47 am »

It of changed there nothing at home: the bug is always there.  :(

Is Media Center already started when you click on "Play All" in windows explorer? Or is it being started by the click?

j

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 10:46:34 am »

Try unplugging any memory card readers or IR devices.  Also, try Windows Update.

That chunk of code is straight-forward WMDM enumeration, which is a Windows-level thing.

As I said "nothing (none, zero)" devices are plugged-in (I mean it, none).  Not even plugged in and turned off or anything.  And, only MC 11.1 does this (WMP 10 does not).  I am current (always) with all windows updates (XP Pro).  The delay does NOT happen in MC 11.1 after you exit MC 11.1 and restart asap.  Only after waiting 3~5 mins does the delay come back.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 11:00:06 am »

Can this not be made a background (threaded) task in MC 11.1?  Maybe that's why WMP 10 does not exhibit this behaviour (just a guess).

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 12:01:30 pm »

Still getting an incomplete shutdown diaglog upon restart if Windows kills MC during a shutdown. Doesn't happen if I shut down MC first and then shutdown Windows.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 12:20:45 pm »

sometimes after shutting down MC.. it stays as "media center.exe" in the proccess list..
Tamer

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 12:42:11 pm »

Is Media Center already started when you click on "Play All" in windows explorer? Or is it being started by the click?

j

In the 2 cases (MC started or not), the result is the same one: reboot of explorer.exe after crashing…  :-[

I wonder whether between the installations of versions 106 and 108, certain files (or register keys) would not have remained on the PC: source of the problem… Is this possible?

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 02:23:03 pm »

Still getting an incomplete shutdown diaglog upon restart if Windows kills MC during a shutdown. Doesn't happen if I shut down MC first and then shutdown Windows.

-Update-

MC is also launching in windowed mode after an incomplete shutdown or after windows force closes MC during system shutdown.

Intel Unknown 1989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1084 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Ripping Complete.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 02:39:30 pm »

Can this not be made a background (threaded) task in MC 11.1?  Maybe that's why WMP 10 does not exhibit this behaviour (just a guess).

WMDM is finicky with threading.  However, WMP will also lock the main thread if you switch to the sync tab.  This was happening on my home PC recently (hanging MC and WMP).  Unplugging and replugging my memory card reader caused the problem to go away.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 03:59:38 pm »

iPod: still the alarm doesn't work

i'm really missing this feature every morning ;-)

will it be supported?

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 04:04:03 pm »

WMDM is finicky with threading.  However, WMP will also lock the main thread if you switch to the sync tab.  This was happening on my home PC recently (hanging MC and WMP).  Unplugging and replugging my memory card reader caused the problem to go away.

Ok, I understand if it's out of your control.  I tried and tried to replicate the delay with WMP (clicking on Sync and letting WMP startup in Sync) and could not reproduce the delay (weird).

Any update on the Handheld playlist-only syncing situation (doesn't work)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up