INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: support for RCA Lyra RD1080  (Read 801 times)

barcode

• Recent member
support for RCA Lyra RD1080
« on: September 25, 2002, 05:53:16 am »

Hey,

Just picked up this mp3 player (RCA Lyra RD1080) yesterday and was wondering if you guys know if a plugin exists for it so that I can use MJ instead of Music Match which is supplied.

If no plugin exists, what is the procedure that most people have followed to get the company (in this case RCA, Lyra) to support an MJ plugin, and has it been a success?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is a really cool player and is exactly what I wanted it to be, except for the supplied software.  It's a little bit of a pain in the ass to have to create playlists in MJ and then import them into MMJ to have to send the songs to the device.

BTW, I did try using MJ with the device and the mp3 tracks uploaded just fine but the player didn't recognize them.  I think MMJ probably adds some kind of header to the files so that the device recognizes which software they were uploaded with.

Thanks, Randy.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: support for RCA Lyra RD1080
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 08:49:27 am »

Randy,

We have tried many times to get RCA to give us what we need to support the Lyra, but with no success. If you manage to get the ear of someone who would be willing to work with us, please let me know.

Also, if you find any documentation on how the headers are constructed we could try to hack somehting together that might work. I am in the process of attempting to do this for iPod, but the going is slow.

Steve

barcode

• Recent member
Re: support for RCA Lyra RD1080
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 09:50:13 am »

Will do.  Thanks for the response.  Randy.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up