INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a PROBLEM with RM files  (Read 825 times)

amrbadrawy

a PROBLEM with RM files
« on: January 31, 2006, 03:47:41 am »

hi guys
am useing mediacenter 11 and before it i use version 10
i had the same problem with both of them
some rm files are nt gettin opened in the mediacenter,they are even nt added to the play list,when trying to open one of rm files (nt all rm files like that some of them onle) its being added to documents menu and nt opened and when clicking on them they get opened in realplayer ,they may also crash mediacenter when reaching them through my computer tab in mediacenter,although thier is another rm files get opened and work well with mediacenter
Does anyone had this problem,as its causing me a big problem because i have about 4500 rm files nt opened in mediacenter
by the way am using realplayer 10.5

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: a PROBLEM with RM files
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:23:24 am »

Do you use non-ASCII characters in the file path? I have seen some instances of .rm file not opening in MC, and attempting to open them in MC would actually fire up RealPlayer. The problem is that the Real engine we use to play them can not handle unicode characters. Try renaming the files and the folder names.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: a PROBLEM with RM files
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:42:29 am »

Media Center 11.1 (which is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31645.0) uses DirectShow to play rm, ra, and ram files. This solves the problem of international characters. You may want to give 11.1 a try.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up