INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? on getting track titles on burned CDs  (Read 940 times)

jimc

• Recent member
? on getting track titles on burned CDs
« on: September 23, 2002, 05:38:08 pm »

Hi... first, I've tried several other media players, and within 30 minutes of trying the free trial, I purchased the registered version... it was so superior to the other products (which are the "standard" names out there that most people use) that it was a no-brain decision to purchase it.
    Being relatively new to actually burning CD's, I have what I hope is a relatively simple problem, but I haven't been able to discover a solution in the program help or web site (probably because I don't quite know how to phrase my query) and would appreciate any assistance..
    I can burn a CD just fine, and it plays back just fine... but when I'm playing it back with Media Jukebox, none of the track title/artist/etc. information is displayed... just the bare track identifiers... what am I doing wrong?
    (I have a dual Pentium III system running Windows 2000 with an HP9500i CD-writer... )
    TIA ....   Jim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ? on getting track titles on burned CDs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 06:05:25 pm »

Could be the version.  A CD Text problem was recently fixed.  What version of MJ do you have?

Glad you like it.

jimc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 08:33:20 pm »

Hi... I was using the 8.0375 version of MJ...
but since posting my message, I tried burning another CD, and this time the track info DID come along.... the software had not worked with using the ASPI drivers I had on my system (I kept getting a "could not determine drive speed" error message when I tried burning a CD)... so I had checked the box to use the "generic" driver, and those were the CD's for which I wasn't getting the track info...
Anyway, from the info I saw in your CD Burning tips page I saw this evening,  I found I was using the version 4.6 ASPI software... so I downloaded and installed the 4.7 version of that software... and then not only was I able to use the ASPI driver (at 12X speed), but the track info was also evidently there . Thanks ....

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 06:36:32 am »

Glad you got it working. In the near future we will have a "generic" driver that supports cd-text.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up