INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.145  (Read 4807 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.145
« on: March 14, 2006, 10:35:28 am »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111145.exe

11.1.145 (3/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Top Hits and Recently Played playlists would display all zeros in the sequence column.
2. Changed: SDK lookups of library server filenames that have been hexified now work. (fixes issue with Cinemar + Library Server)

11.1.144 (3/13/2006)

1. Fixed: Command line usage wouldn't properly deal with quotes in some cases. (i.e. MC11.exe "/PlayReplace Zone=1|TreePath=Playlists\My Hits")
2. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks and happy birthday to ByteStar!)
3. Changed: "Save smartlist" dialog has a never ask again check.
4. Fixed: Copying from the search / smartlist box wouldn't always work as expected when dealing with friendly-formatted rules.
5. Fixed: Enter was not being properly routed to DVD menus in some cases.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on the fullscreen bars no longer toggles fullscreen mode.
7. Fixed: Thumbnails set to a large size (i.e. 256x256 wouldn't be drawn using the full area)
8. Fixed: Playing a DVD while images were playing could result in unexpected playback of both at once.
9. Changed: Updated player area text defaults to use "//" for slash. (double-slashes are required since slash is the escape character in expressions)
10. Changed: Tiles no longer animate through images or status information on mouse-over when Media Center isn't the focused application.
11. Fixed: Files added to a "Recent Playing Now" list would get autmatically imported.
12. New: Preliminary support for DVB-T digital TV (not fully tested).
13. Changed: The file list below a grouping of tiles uses the same settings as a file list below the panes.
14. Fixed: After resetting all views, the sorting "A to Z" for grouping views didn't properly show a checkmark.
15. Fixed: Once internet connection was dropped (and error page shown), service plugins would continue to show the error page even after reconnection.
16. Changed: Playlists no longer show access filtered files. (editing a playlist while files are filtered could cause filtered files to be discarded from playlist)

11.1.143 (3/10/2006)

1. Changed: Update the French translation. (thanks Tof!)
2. Changed: Updated all the translations to include the latest phrases from code, dialogs, etc.
3. NEW: Thumbnails now have drop shadows when drawing in lists or tiles.
4. NEW: Tiles links fade-in on mouse-over instead of being shown all the time.
5. NEW: Holding the mouse over the name in a tile will scroll through summary information of the tile.
6. Fixed: Podcast download/display/purge was confused by permanent database entries with a filename URL.
7. Fixed: The behavior for General\Double-Click and TheaterView\Jump on Play were not working correctly in languages other than english.

11.1.142 (3/9/2006)

1. Fixed: DVR-MS files were imported as audio.
2. Changed: Tiles use the full size when the stack contains one or less images.
3. Changed: Each time the program runs, a different image will be used for top image on a stack of images.
4. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
5. Changed: When building thumbnails for a stack, all the top images will get built before working on underneath images.
6. Changed: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar)
7. Changed: Boxes no longer drawn around thumbnails.
8. Fixed: Under very rare circumstances, the media servers would prevent Media Center from shutting down.
9. Fixed: Switching views from the right-click of the library header bar could cause a crash.

11.1.141 (3/8/2006)

1. Fixed: Third party plugins (G-Force, etc.) could fight with cover art loading for the playing file, causing no art to appear.
2. Fixed: Blank lines in customized thumbnail text were not properly supported.
3. Changed: MC TV ignores analog device initialization failures if a digital TV device is present, so the users can continue using the digital device.
4. Changed: When cycling through a stack of tile images, the rotation order would appear strange when the thumbs hadn't been built. (1; 1,2; 1,2,3; 1,2,3,4; etc.)
5. NEW: Library tiles and view header images show many images as a pile of images. (instead of one totally covering the others)
6. Fixed: In some cases, playback would not automatically skip missing files.
7. Fixed: When editing a view scheme, saving "To All Locations" and "To Similar Locations" not working correctly.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 11.1.145
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 10:48:06 am »

16. Changed: Playlists no longer show access filtered files. (editing a playlist while files are filtered could cause filtered files to be discarded from playlist)

Well, we're almost there. Filtered items are still showing up if you select the "Playlists" tree item, though.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:53:17 am »

When I transfer pictures from my camera using MC, it doesn't handle the .mov files that are there. I've added mov to the list of types to import, but MC still won't touch them.

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 01:56:59 pm »

"Top Hits" and "Recently Played" now take advantage of the other nine numerals, where appropriate.

FWIW, playback is rock solid.  ASIO, which had been problematic for me, skipping under heavy loads, now presses on with soldierly determination; a regular bearcat, IMO.  Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 02:50:21 pm »

When I transfer pictures from my camera using MC, it doesn't handle the .mov files that are there. I've added mov to the list of types to import, but MC still won't touch them.
It doesn't get the .avi's off my canon camera either. The camera's manual warns that if the user chooses not to use the software supplied with the camera, that this will have to be accepted. I accepted this and never installed the software.
photoshop elements does get the video files though, so it is definately possible.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 03:45:27 pm »

It doesn't get the .avi's off my canon camera either. The camera's manual warns that if the user chooses not to use the software supplied with the camera, that this will have to be accepted. I accepted this and never installed the software.
photoshop elements does get the video files though, so it is definately possible.

Yeah, the Windows Scanner and Camera wizard will transfer the .mov files off of my camera as well.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 05:17:51 pm »

Could one have the possibility of creating a translation for the contextual menus integrated into Windows? (see below)

Maybe in the language.txt general, maybe with a .reg file which modifies directly the registry (which are the dependent keys?).

Thank you.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 07:12:53 pm »

"File Type Info" does not show any information over Media Server -- it just shows "n/a" for all selections.

Larry

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 03:01:09 am »

That is exactly my asks, is it possible to be translated the context menu?  :-\,
and which is with the translation of the others tools, recorder, downloadmanager, cdlabeler, media editor etc.. ?

Could one have the possibility of creating a translation for the contextual menus integrated into Windows? (see below)

Maybe in the language.txt general, maybe with a .reg file which modifies directly the registry (which are the dependent keys?).

Thank you.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 03:29:32 am »

When I edit a View Scheme, the "Tree Postion" (there is a typo ;)) always is empty:

Go to linux

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 04:52:50 am »

With the last two versions of MC, if I try to use the "Rename Files From Properties" function, it fails every time.

All my directories on my media drive have the read-only flag set, and I seem to be unable to get rid of it. After a bit of web research, it appears that this is a normal state of affairs on Windows XP and Server 2003 (can't say I've noticed it before mind you...).

I can rename files/directories from Windows Explorer, but not in MC.

I'm just wondering if MC is being overly paranoid when it comes to checking the Read Only attribute on directories...

UPDATE: This is weird. It seems that my PC is now suffering from what is described in this MS article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549/)

But, what it suggests as a cure is not working at all...I'm getting too confused, it's getting late, I'm getting sleepy, I'm giving up (for tonight anyways)...

cheers
Rob
Cheers
Rob

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 07:24:14 am »

Going into Windowed View, and then pressing the Go Fullscreen
button in the bottom right hand corner causes a new item to appear
on the taskbar 'Media Center Display'
On return to normal view it remains there, and does so until shutdown
of MC.

OrangeOstrich

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 12:57:06 pm »

MC 11.1.143

Everytime I try to use my IPOD Video and my IPOD Shuffle together, MC 'kicks' the shuffle off (device manager shows it but I can no longer access it and the drive - IPOD Video is E:, shuffle F: - is removed).  I have to eject the IPOD Video, the shuffle (via Remove Hardware) and then put just the shuffle back in order to access it via MC.

Any ideas?

- Tim

Sysinfo:

Media Center Registered 11.1.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1035 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 241 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD+RW ND-5100A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+-RW DW-D56A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 02:32:26 pm »

Possible difficult one to reproduce so i'll list all my steps...

1) Imported files thru Right-click menu Explorer
2) MC Loads & goes to the Recently Imported playlist
3) Selected files and clicked Rename Files from Properties
4) Immediately went back to explorer and right-click imported more files
5) MC didn't regain focus, so i clicked on the icon in the systray
6) MC appears briefly for...long enough for me to see the "do you want to delete folder" msgdlg from the last rename option
7) before it just terminated itself...

Hope that helps!

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 02:51:28 pm »

Syncing a double album to my Ipod 5G results in the Ipod playing tracks in the order
disc 1 track 1
disc 2 track 1
disc 1 track 2 etc

By exporting the Itunes.db to xml then updating the disc number in I tunes and exporting and comparing, I can see that the fields CDNUM and TOTALCDS are being set to 0, after updating from ITunes they are set to 1 (or 2) and 2.

The files are tagged correctly in MC although the Disc # field is an integer so cannot hold 1 of 2 or 1/2

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 03:31:09 pm »

MC 11.1.144 and 11.1.145 can't write tags to jpg header via "Update Tags from Library". The operation seems to complete OK, but the jpg header isn't updated with the MC tags as expected.

See this thread for details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32598.0 (thanks Alex B for your help in confirming).

Kwake

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 03:35:14 pm »

MC 11.1.144 and 11.1.145 can't write tags to jpg header via "Update Tags from Library". The operation seems to complete OK, but the jpg header isn't updated with the MC tags as expected.

See this thread for details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32598.0 (thanks Alex B for your help in confirming).

Kwake
Could this also be affecting the things commented upon in this post?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32139.msg223418#msg223418

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 04:50:55 pm »

That is exactly my asks, is it possible to be translated the context menu?  :-\,

My results (on my configuration !) :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\MC11.exe\shell\Play
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MediaCenter.11.File\shell\Play
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\MC11.exe\shell\Play
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaCenter.11.File\shell\Play
>> &Play in Media Center

Unknow
>> Add to Playing Now & Sub-menu

:P

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 05:35:20 pm »

Here a bug present for a long time (!) : :o
In your playlist "Playing Now", if you have more than one file and that you look at a video, select the line of the video during playing: remove it using the key [ Delete ]. The line disappears but video is it always in the playing. ::)

Other bug with this same key [ Delete ] (also old):
Its use in the plug-ins such What I' m playing now poses problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up