INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound changes !!  (Read 980 times)

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
sound changes !!
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:27:07 am »

In between songs, there is a strange change in sound quality. When I replay the song (rewind) everything is normal again, seems that MC misses correct output info when starting a new song. This started to happen after the last update of MC. Before the music quality was perfect, going through the speakers as normal, now there is a lack in stereo. Any suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: sound changes !!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:52:20 pm »

Several users have verified MC's gapless nature with the latest build.  Including with MP3 files.

Please install build 145 if you're a few back.  Also, check what DSPs you have running.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

propup

• Change this by choosing profile
Re: sound changes !!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:33:34 pm »

Hi. To start off, I love this product, and I learn a LOT from users here! Part of the reason I own product, and upgraded to ver 11 is b/c of this very active user community.

That said, I wanted to toss this in FWIW:
My playlists were 100% perfect with prior version, and also seemed fine with the 11.1.145 update. I only had that update for a short time before I messed with some of the DSP settings. (prob not a good idea, yeah, I know...)

Anyway, after setting various settings in DSP Studio, I noticed the same thing (I think)... After hearing one track perfect, the 2nd track (from same album sometimes btw) sounded like pretty lousy with vocals almost "gone" and the left and right fields sounding weak and "tinny". Stopping / re-starting would fix, but it would come back.

I've reset all DSP Studio settings back to the defaults, restarted,  and so far so good.
I know it's not very scientific, but I suspected the DSP settings that I messed with. Guess I'll see how it goes with the settings reverted.

I'll post back i any changes.

propup

• Change this by choosing profile
Re: sound changes !! (update)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »

FYI: Been running constant playlist since last post (over 2 hours) ...  No issues.
Definately looks like something related to DSP Studio / settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up