INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new sync duplicate warning  (Read 1115 times)

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
new sync duplicate warning
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:58:51 pm »

Starting a new thread to get more exposure.

I just upgraded to 11.1.146, saw this same message for the first time today when trying to sync my iPod:

"You are attempting to transfer multiple tracks with duplicate information.  Would you like to remove the duplicates and continue with the transfer?"

I find the message a bit confusing and overall very annoying. I use a number of smartlists to synchronize with my iPod and it always happens that a few files are found across a few of these smartlists. Is there any way we can get a "never show this message again" check on this new warning? Right now there is no point using auto-sync + smartlists + auto-eject because of that new error message: it prevents the kind of plug-sync-and go I enjoyed very much before.

josh

Re: new sync duplicate warning
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:37:58 pm »

I've also found, even on the most recent update, that hitting no simply cancels the transfer.  Why ask me a question, if you're just going to ignore my answer?  I listen to quite a few audio books, and frequently find the books will have the same name for multiple tracks (e.g., several quiz tracks).  The 'duplicates' appear to have only one field in common, Name.  It ignores Track #, Disc #, Album, Arist, etc.  Clearly, there are cases a Name even a Name and Track # will be common across albums, audio books, etc.

We definately need a way to turn this off.  Even a work around would be sufficient for the time being.
Pages: [1]   Go Up